Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 212616
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The NH
Posts: 340
Default The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)

Just picked up my car from the 15k service. Also had TSB 2035235/2 performed, as my EPC light blinked on on the way to the dealer. The say this update addresses both the EPC light and the hesitation. However, I forgot to ask for an actual copy of the TSB, and can't find it online.

It works. I thought it was in my head at first, but it really does seem to have eliminated the lag. I accelerated several times from a rolling stop, and the lag was gone. I still need to try it out on my go-to test spot, but I think this did the trick.

My advice is to get this TSB done immediately if you have the lag issue.

Also, does anyone have access to the TSB? I'd love to read a copy of it.
__________________
2013 Sepang Blue S6
2014 Scuba Blue Q5

*Need VCDS Mods in Southern NH?*
Will mod for beer!
nobbyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 262333
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 130
Default Can't find TSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
Just picked up my car from the 15k service. Also had TSB 2035235/2 performed, as my EPC light blinked on on the way to the dealer. The say this update addresses both the EPC light and the hesitation. However, I forgot to ask for an actual copy of the TSB, and can't find it online.

It works. I thought it was in my head at first, but it really does seem to have eliminated the lag. I accelerated several times from a rolling stop, and the lag was gone. I still need to try it out on my go-to test spot, but I think this did the trick.

My advice is to get this TSB done immediately if you have the lag issue.

Also, does anyone have access to the TSB? I'd love to read a copy of it.
Could you please ask the dealer for the TSB #. I can't find any ref. Is this different from the TSB that remapped the tranny to get rid of harsh downshifts? I had that done about 7 mos ago and it helped the downshifts but not the "lag". Thanks.
DD1546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 212616
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The NH
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1546 View Post
Could you please ask the dealer for the TSB #. I can't find any ref. Is this different from the TSB that remapped the tranny to get rid of harsh downshifts? I had that done about 7 mos ago and it helped the downshifts but not the "lag". Thanks.
This is NOT the same as the tranny update. The only number they have is the update number posted above. They don't actually call it a TSB, which may be why it's not available online. They called it a "software update as per bulletin 2035235/2".
__________________
2013 Sepang Blue S6
2014 Scuba Blue Q5

*Need VCDS Mods in Southern NH?*
Will mod for beer!
nobbyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 263197
 
MalibuCANE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 215
Default

I just emailed my sales guy at the dealer to see if I can get this done. I will be so psyched if this works.
__________________
2014 S6 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Carbon Inlays - Driver's Assistance - Full LED
MalibuCANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 212616
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The NH
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCANE View Post
I just emailed my sales guy at the dealer to see if I can get this done. I will be so psyched if this works.
If it works, it's like a whole new car. I was seriously considering selling my S6 due to this issue.

BTW, my SA said this update was released in late January 2014, so MAY explain why some 2014s don't seem to have the issue. Can you confirm your build date?
__________________
2013 Sepang Blue S6
2014 Scuba Blue Q5

*Need VCDS Mods in Southern NH?*
Will mod for beer!
nobbyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 263197
 
MalibuCANE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
If it works, it's like a whole new car. I was seriously considering selling my S6 due to this issue.

BTW, my SA said this update was released in late January 2014, so MAY explain why some 2014s don't seem to have the issue. Can you confirm your build date?
I picked mine up in early November of last year. My car was in for 500k service recently but I guess they didn't do the update.
__________________
2014 S6 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Carbon Inlays - Driver's Assistance - Full LED
MalibuCANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 212616
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The NH
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCANE View Post
I picked mine up in early November of last year. My car was in for 500k service recently but I guess they didn't do the update.
My understanding from my SA is this update is not like a TSB or a recall. She said something about it being "on the technician side". They will only apply it if you complain using the magic words: in this case, EPC light. They won't automatically apply it to every car they're doing routine maintenance on.Unfortunately, the EPC light isn't something that you can fool them on; it throws a OBD-II code which they need to verify. I think a lot depends on your relationship w/ your dealer. Worth a shot, though.
__________________
2013 Sepang Blue S6
2014 Scuba Blue Q5

*Need VCDS Mods in Southern NH?*
Will mod for beer!
nobbyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 263197
 
MalibuCANE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 215
Default

Yeah, the dealer said they have to check the fault codes to see if this update applies. My appointment is Monday so I hope it isn't a waste. I have to convince them to update it somehow.
__________________
2014 S6 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Carbon Inlays - Driver's Assistance - Full LED
MalibuCANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 212616
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The NH
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCANE View Post
Yeah, the dealer said they have to check the fault codes to see if this update applies. My appointment is Monday so I hope it isn't a waste. I have to convince them to update it somehow.
You may be able to find someone with a VCDS local to do a quick scan before then to let you know if its worthwhile or not. Just be sure they don't clear any faults they find.

Of course, it's also always possible you can talk them into the update even without the fault, too. Good luck.
__________________
2013 Sepang Blue S6
2014 Scuba Blue Q5

*Need VCDS Mods in Southern NH?*
Will mod for beer!
nobbyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 263197
 
MalibuCANE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 215
Default

I have one but since I have never seen the engine light I have to assume the fault code isn't present. i am being up front with them and I will see where that gets me.
__________________
2014 S6 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Carbon Inlays - Driver's Assistance - Full LED
MalibuCANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
24702599, a6, acceleration, audi, car, current, due, epc, lag, problem, q7, s6, software, supply, update


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community