S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

delivery date

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
I got my last Owner In Waiting email about 90 minutes ago. Hopefully mine shows up in the next few days too. It would be great to have it for the weekend.
Congrats! Keep us posted!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

The posts about loading delays were spot-on. My car has been sitting ready to load in Europe since the middle of March - new loading ETA is April 2nd. Which means I'll probably won't see the card until the last few days of April or the first few days of May. I wonder if this can affect the trade-in deal they offered me on my current car? Has anyone had experience with this?
Old 03-27-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by amelen
The posts about loading delays were spot-on. My car has been sitting ready to load in Europe since the middle of March - new loading ETA is April 2nd. Which means I'll probably won't see the card until the last few days of April or the first few days of May. I wonder if this can affect the trade-in deal they offered me on my current car? Has anyone had experience with this?
It can absolutely impact the trade value. Most dealers just give you an estimate up front based on some additional number of miles and then do the actual valuation at delivery. You could put an abnormal number of miles on it, damage it, crash it, etc.

If the dates are slipping, and you suspect this could impact you negatively, I'd bring it up and ask them to lock it in.

As an aside, you're almost never going to get the best value for your old vehicle from a dealership as a trade. Even if you're not going to try and sell it private-party, and higher-end vehicles are tougher to sell that way, you should get a price from CarMax (or similar for your area).
Old 03-27-2015, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

It can absolutely impact the trade value. Most dealers just give you an estimate up front based on some additional number of miles and then do the actual valuation at delivery. You could put an abnormal number of miles on it, damage it, crash it, etc.

If the dates are slipping, and you suspect this could impact you negatively, I'd bring it up and ask them to lock it in.

As an aside, you're almost never going to get the best value for your old vehicle from a dealership as a trade. Even if you're not going to try and sell it private-party, and higher-end vehicles are tougher to sell that way, you should get a price from CarMax (or similar for your area).
They "locked" me in on signing the deal, but since then, the delivery has been pushed out 1.5mo's and the Porsche manager who agreed to it has left. They gave me almost what I paid for the Porsche btw, can't complain with the deal. I just hope they still honor it now, given the circumstances. We decided I'd be at 9k miles on the Porsche, but now it will probably be closer to 10k. No damage or issues though. The car is like-new.

If they don't honor the trade-in and break the deal - would I be entitled to get my $2,500 deposit back you think?

Last edited by amelen; 03-27-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They "locked" me in on signing the deal, but since then, the delivery has been pushed out 1.5mo's and the Porsche manager who agreed to it has left. They gave me almost what I paid for the Porsche btw, can't complain with the deal. I just hope they still honor it now, given the circumstances. We decided I'd be at 9k miles on the Porsche, but now it will probably be closer to 10k. No damage or issues though. The car is like-new.

If they don't honor the trade-in and break the deal - would I be entitled to get my $2,500 deposit back you think?
Did they specify the number of miles in your contract? If not, sounds like you're in the clear.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did they specify the number of miles in your contract? If not, sounds like you're in the clear.
Nope. Contract doesn't have the dollar figures either b/c I placed the order before pricing came out. We'll see how it all falls out. At the very least, I'd imagine I'd get my deposit back if I have to walk away.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Woohoo.... In production as of 3/24. Still scheduled for mid April shipping. Likely 2nd week of May delivery.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the same boat: received the "production completed" email from AoA on 3/11. Just heard yesterday that it's still sitting in Europe at the port and won't load until 4/1, so delivery ETA is at the end of April. The waiting is terrible!!

On a positive note, I ordered a Florett silver S6 and haven't seen anyone else mention one here. If that's true, I'll try to get some good early pics of the color for comparisons.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On a positive note, I ordered a Florett silver S6 and haven't seen anyone else mention one here. If that's true, I'll try to get some good early pics of the color for comparisons.[/QUOTE]

Good moring. I believe this link is "Florett Silver":

Nice!

Tom
Old 03-31-2015, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Shipping delays

Hi All,

The week 14 shipping schedule is out with shipping delays throughout.

For example the Goodwood now loads at Emden on Apr 17 instead of Apr 10.

In addition they appear to have shifted the Brunswick, Ga location to Jacksonville, Fl starting Apr 30.

Get the ship schedule at:

The PWL Group
choose West-East Coast USA
Volkswagen Logistik

Quick Reply: delivery date