S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Extending thigh supports

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, that is true.

It also prevent me from using my doggie back seat cover, since it requires clips that attach to the adjustable headrest bars.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Delurker
I really like my diamond-stiched seats - they're quite comfortable, yet supportive and easy to get in & out of. Plus everyone who sees them says something about how great they look.
Absolutely. The diamond stitching is dead sexy.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having lived with the comfort seats for a year, I absolutely would get them again, for both the ventilation and the massage. I have issues with my lower back so the lumbar massage gets used daily.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jimf15e
The only other downside I see to the standard seats is without headrest posts it will make an aftermarket iPad mount for back seat video a little more difficult.
In my B8 S4, I would just slip the flap for the iPad case into the sunroof shade slot and let the screen hang down. Worked well for my 6 year old.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC
Having lived with the comfort seats for a year, I absolutely would get them again, for both the ventilation and the massage. I have issues with my lower back so the lumbar massage gets used daily.
+1 Love the comfort seats and although I may be in the minority, I think they look better than the diamond stiched seats as well.

Dennis
Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by thelionsden
+1 Love the comfort seats and although I may be in the minority, I think they look better than the diamond stiched seats as well.

Dennis
I don't necessarily think the comfort seats look better but I think the diamond stitching look wears off fairly quickly. I just can't live with leather seats without ventilation function. The massaging function just makes the seats one of my favorite thing about the car.

To the original poster, I will also add that they are able to be adjusted by vag com. I have increased the intensity of the massaging function and also the duration. I also believe that the ventilation function is able to be adjusted as well but I haven't messed with that yet. I increased the side bolsters as well because in my opinion to do lack in lateral support compared to the sport seats if you are pushing the car through turns.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Based on a lot of these posts I'm now definitely leaning towards the comfort seats. I live in a very warm, humid state and loved the ventilated seats in our X5. Interesting comment about the novelty of the diamond stitching wearing off.

I also like the idea about the ipad case in the sunroof - brilliant! I was also looking at one of those Ram seat rail mounts - easy, reversible install and a little more secure. Our little guy is still a few months away (hence the reason for trading in the two door M3), but in a year or two I'm sure I'll be needing some video in the back!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another vote for the Comfort Seats. I also love the look of the Sport pews, but I have appreciated the ventilation and massage features enough times to make the comparatively-vanilla look a non-issue.

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
To the original poster, I will also add that they are able to be adjusted by vag com. I have increased the intensity of the massaging function and also the duration. I also believe that the ventilation function is able to be adjusted as well but I haven't messed with that yet. I increased the side bolsters as well because in my opinion to do lack in lateral support compared to the sport seats if you are pushing the car through turns.
Interesting. Would you mind sharing the procedure to make these changes? During my recent track day, I found that a bit more side support would be welcome.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not taking anything away from the comfort seat fans as they sound like they would be great, but 6 months in and I am still in love with the diamond stitching. It's somewhat unique and I love the look and the feel.

One note about the thigh extenders on the non-comfort seats, even fully extended, the seat still feels a bit short to me, and I am not tall. Also, I find that my extenders wiggle a bit when extended and I don't like that feeling.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Comfort seats

I have no basis to compare them to the standard seats but the comfort seats are just that - comfortable. The ventilation is great but should be standard in a car of this price range. Massage function feels good but its just icing on the cake. What did I do before

Quick Reply: Extending thigh supports