S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The first 1,000 miles in my 2016 S6

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually really like the engine stop / start feature
Old 01-30-2016, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car!
We have something in common. I own a '13 A6 Prestige with the sport pkg and I've been contemplating buying a S6. How much more of a car is the S6 compared to the A6, in your opinion? It seems like one could never have enough power.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Beautiful car!
We have something in common. I own a '13 A6 Prestige with the sport pkg and I've been contemplating buying a S6. How much more of a car is the S6 compared to the A6, in your opinion? It seems like one could never have enough power.
You will not be disappointed. These are really different cars wrapped in the same chassis. When you go for a test drive, make sure to put the car in Dynamic and drop it into Sport on the shifter. Once the engine is warmed up, mash on the gas (first ensuring that you have a section of straight road in front of you and nothing in your way for at least a quarter mile). Notice the way your grin tries to wrap around your head... If possible, make sure to drive one that has the Sport package, as the sound the special exhaust gives this car is simply amazing.

Next, find a section of curvy road, and drive it FAST. Notice how your grin tries to engrave itself onto your face...
Old 01-31-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TallMartin
You will not be disappointed. These are really different cars wrapped in the same chassis. When you go for a test drive, make sure to put the car in Dynamic and drop it into Sport on the shifter. Once the engine is warmed up, mash on the gas (first ensuring that you have a section of straight road in front of you and nothing in your way for at least a quarter mile). Notice the way your grin tries to wrap around your head... If possible, make sure to drive one that has the Sport package, as the sound the special exhaust gives this car is simply amazing.

Next, find a section of curvy road, and drive it FAST. Notice how your grin tries to engrave itself onto your face...
I love my A6 but I always seem to want more power; you know, it never ends, right? I really want to get the new Z06 but I can't justify it right now with having younger children. I don't put on a whole lot of miles on my cars but when I do, I like to have a little fun. I think the S6 is a good balance. Your S6 with the color/options are exactly what I'm looking for. How happy are you with the Bose? My '13 A6 has the Bose system and I not impressed with the sound, especially the lack of tight bass. I ended up installing an amp and sub in mine. Thanks for replying!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Get the S6.... It's a totally different car! I just came out of a 2012 CTS-V Sedan which was an amazing car and a I do miss it. The S6 is so much more refined and polished. Mine is a 2014 and when I bought it last month only 4K miles were on it. I've put over 2k mikes on it and couldn't be happier with it. Dynamic and Sport the car turns into a race car defying its size. With young kids you still have plenty of room, a trunk and pretty good gas mileage to boot! Write the check and go for it!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I mainly listen to podcasts in the car, but on those occasions when I do listen to music, the Bose stereo has been fine.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
How happy are you with the Bose? My '13 A6 has the Bose system and I not impressed with the sound, especially the lack of tight bass. I ended up installing an amp and sub in mine. Thanks for replying!
Sound quality, like beauty is in the ear (eye) of the listener (beholder).

I'm totally fine with the clarity and overall sound quality of the Bose system. Sounds better than the B&O system that was in my previous B8 S4. Is it as good as the available B&O in the S6? It's not $6K worse, that's for sure!

If you're not happy with it, it would be much cheaper to modify it the way you did the system in your A6.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Good report and helpful, thank you for posting TallMartin.

I thought with the latest MMI version the programmable button (*) on the steering wheel could be set to cycle through Drive Select modes?
Old 02-01-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
I thought with the latest MMI version the programmable button (*) on the steering wheel could be set to cycle through Drive Select modes?
[forehead slap] I FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!

I have it set to advance the track on the media player, but I'll reset it to this!
Old 02-01-2016, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
I just checked, and this is not an option for the programmable button...

Quick Reply: The first 1,000 miles in my 2016 S6