S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The first 1,000 miles in my 2016 S6

Old 02-01-2016, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

That is annoying.

It is an available program option on models which have dash switches for Drive Select (and so lesser need to use the steering wheel button), yet on the C7 there is still no choice but to scroll through the MMI screens? Ridiculous.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pulled the trigger on a new 2016 S6! That twin turbo V8 is intoxicating. I test drove it twice today and I had to have it. I ended up with a Premium Plus Daytona Grey w/black interior. Options are:
1) Sports Package
2) Black Optic Package
3) Driver Assistance Package
4) LED Headlights
5) Carbon Inlays
6) The usual mats, first aid kid, etc.
MSRP: just shy of $82k. Will be paying (picking up tomorrow): $74,700. Really good price I think. The sales guy said something about having to meet a sales quota by tonight. I must've timed it right. I'm very happy with the deal.
I didn't get a Prestige because I didn't like the bulky HUD module right on the dash. It may sound like a dumb reason but I'm a little strange that way :-) The HUD is pretty cool but couldn't Audi make the module a little smaller/discrete??? With my options, I got pretty much everything I wanted. The only thing I'll miss are the LED interior lights but I guess the mod isn't too difficult. I definitely won't miss the Bose, the automatic trunk (had it been a SUV, the auto trunk would be required), or the automatic sun shades. I always tint my windows with dark limo tint in the back for appearance. The Bose is definitely not impressive and the B&O, though nice, is definitely not worth $4900 IMHO. The Bose isn't an improvement from the Bose in my '13 A6 Prestige. I know I'm half deaf from my previous life but to my ears, the stock stereo sounds better than the Bose. Call me crazy.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new performance RS model now have the star button only as drive select and drive select is written on the button. It should have been another menu in the DIS, so the star button could still have multiple functions.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TallMartin
I mainly listen to podcasts in the car
That's funny because I do the same. I don't think I've listened to any music in the car yet. I stream podcasts off my phone too.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

CONGRATS! You got a great deal! I paid $79,022 for a car with an MSRP of $85,130, but then my company has a deal with Audi giving me 6% off MSRP plus I got a $1,000 loyalty incentive. I had the same thoughts on Premium Plus versus Prestige, its just that my car (which is Prestige) happened to be available when I went shopping. Other than some VERY minor differences, we have the same car!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

CONGRATS! You got a great deal! I paid $79,022 for a car with an MSRP of $85,130, but then my company has a deal with Audi giving me 6% off MSRP plus I got a $1,000 loyalty incentive. I had the same thoughts on Premium Plus versus Prestige, its just that my car (which is Prestige) happened to be available when I went shopping. Other than some VERY minor differences, we have the same car!
Thanks. I happened to be at the right place at the right time. It's kind of funny, a dealer just a few miles from me was not willing to negotiate. They were going to give me $2,500 off ($1k plus $1500 conquest). A dealer 20 miles away made me this deal. I guess meeting quotas are that important. Mine was even a dealer swap. I'll be picking it up in a few hours. Exciting times!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

According to my spreadsheet, you got it for $2,000 below invoice!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=427225672
Old 02-04-2016, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

According to my spreadsheet, you got it for $2,000 below invoice!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=427225672
The finance lady said that they lost money on the deal but met the "quota" for their pay out. It was a win-win for all of us. Right place at the right time-all just dumb luck. As they say, it's better to be lucky than good.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2016, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi must have been pushing these in January

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
The finance lady said that they lost money on the deal but met the "quota" for their pay out. It was a win-win for all of us. Right place at the right time-all just dumb luck. As they say, it's better to be lucky than good.
I also bought a 2016 Daytona Grey Pearl S6 Prestige in January. All the same stuff -- sport package, driver assistance, etc. etc.-- but also the individual contour seating. MSRP $86,895, invoice $80.884, and paid $79,300 or about $1,600 under invoice. I was eligible for the ACNA discount and conquest but still got an additional $1,400. Looks like it was the right time to buy one of these. My dealer from whom I have bought several Audis mentioned something about them being able to acquire these at a good price.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll never understand the car business. The very same day I made this deal, I visited a dealership close to home. They offered me $1,000 off plus the $1,500 conquest. The salesman told me that the S6 is in high demand and short supply and that this is the best they can do. When I returned home, I had 3 dealerships offering me incredible deals. A dealer 70 miles away offered me $8k off of sticker but I really didn't feel like driving in traffic so I settled with a local dealer 15 miles away.
On a different note, man, I love this S6! Did I say how much I love that exhaust growl?!?! Sadly, just a few minutes, I scraped one of the rims on the curb. I just don't make mistakes like that. I'm so p****d off! Anyone know how to buff that out at home? My car is getting tinted and wrapped at the moment. Funny how shat happens so early on in the ownership stage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The first 1,000 miles in my 2016 S6