S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fuel Filler Flap needs aligned !

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Filler Flap needs aligned !

see attached pics, it is too far out at one end by 4-5mm. can they be adjusted?

Old 06-15-2016, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Brand new purchase or CPO, the dealership should fix that. Audi is rather particular about their panel gaps. I would think it's shimmable or re-mountable to a certain extent. No bueno on that one.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The trailing edge is held by a post that rotates. See if the post is protruding or moves.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Depends on the dealer. I got mine CPO and they made me pay for a piece used for towing that fell off and they want me to pay $400 to replace my entire seat fan unit due to a broken clip that came with the car. Gonna fight them on it because it is ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't make me pay for the jammed sunglass holder as well.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AntonioS6
Depends on the dealer. I got mine CPO and they made me pay for a piece used for towing that fell off and they want me to pay $400 to replace my entire seat fan unit due to a broken clip that came with the car. Gonna fight them on it because it is ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't make me pay for the jammed sunglass holder as well.

"They made me pay for..." I don't understand? was it covered under warranty or not? Is it that those things are not covered?

If there are some big restrictions to that CPO warranty, I bet it's just not worth they money, as I understand it, you have to pay like a $100 "Co-Pay" every time you need to bring it in for CPO-Warranty, that correct?
Old 06-19-2016, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
"They made me pay for..." I don't understand? was it covered under warranty or not? Is it that those things are not covered?

If there are some big restrictions to that CPO warranty, I bet it's just not worth they money, as I understand it, you have to pay like a $100 "Co-Pay" every time you need to bring it in for CPO-Warranty, that correct?
The CPO is a limited warranty that is not as inclusive as the new car factory warranty. The deductible is $85 per visit (not per defect). See pages 5-8:

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...et-3.29.16.pdf
Old 06-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They told me "if it is broken it isn't under warranty." I understand that but like my car still has the factory warranty and it came broken with the car. The sales manager is hiding something about my car imo. He was a real jerk when the little tow hitch cover fell off
Old 06-19-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

They told me "if it is broken it isn't under warranty." I understand that but like my car still has the factory warranty and it came broken with the car. The sales manager is hiding something about my car imo. He was a real jerk when the little tow hitch cover fell off
Don't deal with the sales dept for a defect,. try dealing with the service department. Since they are different profit centers, the sakes dept, woudn;t want anything coming out if their pocket. Service managers can get things covered under warranty. Might as well be two different companies most of the time.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Don't deal with the sales dept for a defect,. try dealing with the service department. Since they are different profit centers, the sakes dept, woudn;t want anything coming out if their pocket. Service managers can get things covered under warranty. Might as well be two different companies most of the time.
That is what I'm planning on doing. Just waiting for my dad's S63 AMG to get out of the shop so I can bring my s6 in. I ran out of oil with about 3-4k miles driven since the last change so I have to get that looked at too
Old 06-19-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That is what I'm planning on doing. Just waiting for my dad's S63 AMG to get out of the shop so I can bring my s6 in. I ran out of oil with about 3-4k miles driven since the last change so I have to get that looked at too
Sorry to hear about your car's issues. I suspect, previous to your ownership, the car was in an accident.
1. The tow hook cover simply doesn't fall off. It could have been damaged by it improperly being removed or as a result of an accident.
2. Running completely out of oil? Unheard of. Unless the shop that last changed your oil stripped the drain plug. Most shops dont use the drain plug anymore. The oil is usually sucked out from the top of engine using a recovery unit. You would have seen the oil draining if that was the case.
3. Also, my sense is the sunglass holder could have been damaged due to force of an impact.

Take it to another Audi dealer and have them look the car over. Something isn't adding up here.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Fuel Filler Flap needs aligned !