S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!

May 2nd went to local to order a 2016 S6. Salesman found one scheduled for build that matched my specs close enough. So I gave them $1000 deposit and left thinking my car was to be built this week and delivered in June.

Fast forward 2 weeks until today. I find out the dealer that ordered this car for stock will not let my dealer get the car, despite them offering "two top tier" trades My dealer said the other dealer is now ignoring them despite the car not being sold.

WTH. I'm a little pissed that my dealer took a deposit from me on a car that wasn't even allocated to them. And that the othe dealer isn't releasing th car to them.

You would think Audi would want their network of dealers to work together to make the brand shine.

I'm at a loss. What recourse do I have? Will AoA step in??
Old 05-19-2015, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100% call AoA. Get them to mediate. Also, find out what dealer it is and buy it from them. Offer whichever dealer will play ball 10s on their end of sale survey. That's the thing that gets them paid.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll vouch that the 10's on the survey are very important to them. My S6 order was screwed up at the factory and the black optics package I'd ordered was left off. My dealer has bent over backwards and worked with the AoA rep to make it right. He wanted to make sure I'd give him 10's.

I agree with stillwater. See if you can find out which dealer has the allocation for stock and try to buy it from them.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low scores get reps fired. I know this for a fact.

Also. A car is a commodity. Offer your money and your survey results and see what dealers wants to play ball. Real simple.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Only problem is the other dealer is 800 miles away.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by neddy191
I'll vouch that the 10's on the survey are very important to them. My S6 order was screwed up at the factory and the black optics package I'd ordered was left off. My dealer has bent over backwards and worked with the AoA rep to make it right. He wanted to make sure I'd give him 10's.

I agree with stillwater. See if you can find out which dealer has the allocation for stock and try to buy it from them.
How soon after delivery should this survey be sent? I got my car on 3/30 and I've yet to receive it.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
How soon after delivery should this survey be sent? I got my car on 3/30 and I've yet to receive it.
I think mine came about 3-4 weeks after delivery.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can anyone check a COMM# for me?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This wait is killing me.

2 months and a week almost and my car is still sitting IS Order Bank.

My dealer says they are getting allocations this week but unsure if they will get any for S6s.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the same boat and here is what I have...
- Order Date: 6/11/15
- Status from Dealership: Order Waitlisted
- Got the Audi Owner in Waiting email on 6/11/15

So talked to the GM of the dealership yesterday and he showed me an email stating that due to unprecedented demand, all order of S6s has been put on hold and may open up in August.

What he told me is that my car has missed two allocation periods and if I am lucky my order will get picked up on August, which is very disappointing to hear.

I reached out to AoA and have opened a case and they have assured me that they will reach out to Germany and try to get me some answers by COB Thursday, so lets see.

Summary - DISAPPOINTMENT and is making me think twice if I made the right decision as AUDI has failed on their commitment and has not set the right timeline expectations with customers.

Quick Reply: Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!