S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!

That's right! Dealers making stuff up.

If you can find a car on the Internet and get a dealer to agree to a remote sale, that's the best way to go if you don't want to wait. I bought my car in a neighboring state. If you are close to new jersey, PA or New York there are cars in stock on lots. Grab a plane ticket and strike a deal.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The closest I found to my build is in Des Moines Iowa. Doesn't have black optics and sports package. I could live without BO. But I think the SP is a deal breaker.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cbl1
Correct me if I'm wrong ... but wouldn't a weakened Euro make US sales more profitable? Same U.S. sale price = more Euros.

Sounds like another dealer just making stuff up.
Hah, I didn't even question at the time but you are correct...
Old 07-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

latest excuse i was given for the suddenly ballooning wait times was that due to a glitch - perhaps related to the work to transition to the new system now in place since i ordered - the ordering system wasn't enforcing allocations at all, so some dealers who figured this out ordered a whole mess of S6s, flooding the system with far more S6 orders than suppliers like ZF were tooled up to meet. Which may explain why you see dealers in the Northeast who have several of this unobtainable vehicle in inventory, while we poor schmucks who came along a few weeks later had their orders unquestioningly accepted by the ordering system only to have them just shunted off to the side and ignored for months. My car ordered Mar 10 now has an assigned build date, finally, of last week of July, and *probable* delivery around first of Sept., just under 6 mo. total.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My s6 I just got the order report actually showed it was put in back in February. I ordered first of April and my dealer changed the specs on the February order (that had just been allocated to factory). Thus only 3 month wait. But truly about 5 months from when order actually put in line.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

another data point; at least some long-delayed cars are starting to get built earlier than once predicted. i'd seen a story or two here of a buyer being told production week X but then receiving the 'gone to production' email a week or two earlier than forecast.

And now it has happened to me. after months with no production week assigned, when i popped into the dealership in early June the order screen finally said week 31, which pissed me off but at least it had a date. when my rep got back from vacation a week or two later and responded to an old email asking for screen shots, it had mysteriously advanced to week 30.

then late last night i found the 'gone to production' botmail in my spam trap, indicating it's being built right now, week 27. so over the course of a month or so my production date has crept forward a full month. this might be because i've started raising hell over a promised 3 months becoming 6+, but i suspect it's more likely that, Germans being Germans, when the factory started giving these long-sidelined cars production weeks they guesstimated them VERY conservatively, the suppliers are starting to catch up to the baclog, and the logjam is starting to clear more promptly than oh so conservatively forecast for customer consumption - because missing THOSE forecasts would REALLY precipitate a huge customer relations problem.

So, know hope. maybe it won't be quite as bad as currently predicted. mine looks to arrive in about 5 mo. and a week. a month ago it looked like 6 mo 3 weeks.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

At this point I'd be happy with just an estimated build date.

I feel like I've sitting in the parking lot at the amusement park for months and they are only letting random people in park. At least me in so I can get in line for my roller coaster!!!

Incidentally I chatted with AoA this morning and they claim they are unaware of any factory delays and/or order stoppages. And stated the routine 3-4 month from new order spiel. They then told me to contact my dealer for a time frame.

My dealer says they know nothing and can't control allocations. Back and forth finger pointing.

I told the AoA rep that there needs to be some more transparency and communication in the whole ordeal. With every level of the machine saying they have no clue as to whats going on or giving made up assumptions, there are a lot of loyal Audi customers getting frustrated that lead times are 2-3 times what was expected. If they just shot out a memo, "Hey we has a supply chain issue....The factory was infested with sharks, we had to get it fumigated" Anything is better than sitting in the dark.

She said she would report my concerns, for what that's worth.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kcjonz
At this point I'd be happy with just an estimated build date.
FWIW mine was right about 3 months from order date when it finally popped up with an estimated production week (which was forecast to be another two months later). so you're likely to get an estimate later this month. the waiting does get a smidge more bearable when you have a date to plan around, and better still if, like mine, it then creeps forward as Audi and its suppliers start to catch up.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really think the "all 10's" thing is stupid. What ever happened to honest feedback to help improve what isn't "perfect". I gave my sales guy all 10s, but a few 7s, 8s and 9s on other areas, mainly the physical plant for the dealership and the fact that I wasn't introduced to service manager, who was on vacation. My sales guy is chapped. I was just being honest, which should be useful to Audi, especially given the very high overall rating. For that, the entire dealership gets busted and their hard working employees have their jobs placed in jeopardy, even if the average is over 9.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wilburhaines
FWIW mine was right about 3 months from order date when it finally popped up with an estimated production week (which was forecast to be another two months later). so you're likely to get an estimate later this month. the waiting does get a smidge more bearable when you have a date to plan around, and better still if, like mine, it then creeps forward as Audi and its suppliers start to catch up.
Small update....

Talked to AoA and they were super on top of my issue and reached out to both the dealer and the regional rep. At the same time, the GM of the dealership personally got involved and talked to the regional distribution manager and when both those things happened, magically an S6 order was allocated to me.

I heard yesterday that my order was processed and I now have a build date of Week 36 with an anticipated deliver of Oct 2015.

Overall, really happy about AoA and my dealer coming through for me.

Quick Reply: Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!