S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Getting my car has turned into a four ring circus!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe for two weeks in August is what i read, but i dunno what 2 weeks.

Yes, Nish, as i said, mine crept forward a few weeks from what was showing as projected production week. it's finally steaming this way thru the English Channel right now. I suspect they got real conservative with their projections after getting an earful from so many customers about dashed expectations of the usual 3 1/2 mo.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got my "Your Audi S6 has gone into production" email today!!

Two weeks ahead of schedule.

Looks like the first week back after August shutdown.

Now I have to ask....will the production guys come back refreshed and build a wonderful car or will they come back rusty and build a lemon.

Anyway happy to have some progress and wanted to let anyone still waiting the great (to me) news.

They're back up and running boys!!!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine ordered on March 10 is finally on dry ground in San Diego, awaiting "released to carrier" status so we can estimate ETA. Months have turned to weeks have turned to days. Giddy as a schoolgirl :-)
Old 08-28-2015, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've now had a '16 S6 Since March and I still love every minute I drive it. Its alot of fun, even after 5k miles. I look forward to seeing pics of your guy's rides. Kcjonz - we need to meet up sometime after you get your car. I'd love to hear the real difference between the Bose and B&O in an S6.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So just heard from my dealer that the S6 completed production Aug 28, 2015. Another big milestone in the right direction.

Factory Submitted - 07/08/2015
Frozen to Changes - 07/14/2015
Production Week - 3615
Production Complete - 08/28/2015

Will be pinging the dealer to get info on the Vessel next week, so I can start tracking it.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nish
Will be pinging the dealer to get info on the Vessel next week, so I can start tracking it.
Having just lived thru this drama:

The next JAX-bound ship listed at PWL.de/en is the DEMETER LEADER, ETA Emden Sept 9 ETA JAX Sept 30. But that's cutting it close, your car still has to be inspected at the factory and shipped to Emden, which can take a week or a little more. OTOH those scheduled dates flex, my ship left Emden 1-2 days 'late' and landed a day 'early.' if you are signed up for the automated email updates you'll get a "Your S6 is leaving Germany soon" email when it leaves the factory (it's just several hours' drive) but those robotmails are sometimes a day or two behind reality. But if you get one dated before the 9th you probably have a good shot at that ship.

Failing that, it appears the next one is the VICTORIOUS ACE eta Emden Sept 14, mysterious ETA JAX "TBN" and, worst case, the HOEGH DELHI, ETA Emden Sept 21 and ETA JAX Oct 9.

Once your dealer's screen shows 'ship loaded' you'll know which ship and can track it at marinetraffic.com. And once it leaves the Channel the ACE will itself be broadcasting its ETA. of course it'll disappear from ground AIS contact (the only free data) at the Azores, and only reappear when it's just off the coast.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wilburhaines

The next JAX-bound ship listed at PWL.de/en is the DEMETER LEADER, ETA Emden Sept 9 ETA JAX Sept 30. But that's cutting it close, your car still has to be inspected at the factory and shipped to Emden, which can take a week or a little more. OTOH those scheduled dates flex, my ship left Emden 1-2 days 'late' and landed a day 'early.' if you are signed up for the automated email updates you'll get a "Your S6 is leaving Germany soon" email when it leaves the factory (it's just several hours' drive) but those robotmails are sometimes a day or two behind reality. But if you get one dated before the 9th you probably have a good shot at that ship.

Failing that, it appears the next one is the VICTORIOUS ACE eta Emden Sept 14, mysterious ETA JAX "TBN" and, worst case, the HOEGH DELHI, ETA Emden Sept 21 and ETA JAX Oct 9.

Once your dealer's screen shows 'ship loaded' you'll know which ship and can track it at marinetraffic.com. And once it leaves the Channel the ACE will itself be broadcasting its ETA. of course it'll disappear from ground AIS contact (the only free data) at the Azores, and only reappear when it's just off the coast.
Nice info, thanks!

I just got the build email last week so no way mine will make the DEMETER LEADER. Hopefully I can make the VICTORIOUS ACE. Which is by far the best boat name anyway.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wilburhaines

Thanks for the info...funny thing...a few mins after your note, I got the "Your S6 is leaving Germany soon" email, so I am hoping my ride makes the first vessel out.

Btw, just out of curiosity, where did you find the detailed vessel departure and arrival info? any website or service that I can sign up for.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nish
Btw, just out of curiosity, where did you find the detailed vessel departure and arrival info? any website or service that I can sign up for.
the ship schedules are at The PWL Group

in the drop downs select "East/West Coast U.S." and Volkwagen Group RoRo_ (or similar)

you can find out where the ship actually is by punching its name in at Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic. both sites are free, but marinetraffic sells a satellite GPS that works mid-ocean for the truly OCD (and those with an actual business purpose).

yeah, if it's left the factory (which is only hours away) you ought to easily make the first boat. congrats! I just got the call mine should be here tomorrow!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Hoegh Delhi just reappeared off the coast of Nova Scotia after the North Atlantic leg. Now just drop some cars off in Halifax, and plow through Hurricane Joaquin to Jacksonville next Friday.

I'm getting excited and crossing my fingers the hurricane doesn't delay it too much.