S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Got to Try Revo's Beta Tune for My S6. Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got to Try Revo's Beta Tune for My S6. Wow!

I took a vacation day and drove down to WV on Friday so Revo could load their final beta of the tune they're about to release for the 4.0TSFI. The Revo guys were awesome; put me up in a hotel and loaned me their MKVII GTI for the night (which also had a beta version of their 2.0TSFI tune). Got down there about 3:00PM, and stuck around to watch the stock pulls on the dyno (Mustang). The facility is super nice; Jeff from Revo said it's the old Stasis facility from when they merged/were acquired by Revo. Robin from Revo stuck around late tweaking the tune so I could get an early start back to NH Saturday morning after a few shakedown runs, which was definitely appreciated.

Revo should be publishing final numbers this week, so I'll leave that to them, but I will say that the numbers I saw were similar HP numbers to the dynos I've seen from APR/GIAC, but with a pretty healthy bump in torque.

First impressions: holy ****. I hadn't used launch control before, but since getting the tune I've done 5-6 launches. The torque is addictive. It's pretty tame at part throttle, but once you get into the pedal it's like no car I've ever driven/riden in. Using launch control, all four wheels fight for traction from 0 to at least 25MPH. I made the mistake of doing one launch after swapping my winter setup back on (I swapped over to my summer setup for the drive to WV). Probably took 5k miles in wear off the winters with that one launch. I felt virtually no surging or fluttering, at either part or full throttle. It's just shove-you-into-the-back-of-your-seat power.

For those concerned about gas mileage: on the way down, I averaged an indicated 25MPG over the 510 miles from NH to WV. On the way home after the tune, I saw an indicated 24MPG with plenty of high-speed blasts (and averaging ~90MPH on the Jersey Turnpike). So I'm guessing that when driven responsibly (which is much tougher with that kind of power available), fuel economy is likely a wash or even slightly better with the Revo tune.

I purposely had my 25k service completed before this, so have another year or so before I need to worry about it, but Revo says they employ a similar scheme as APR (and I *think* GIAC?): you can visit your local Revo dealer, and they will flash you back to stock so there's no danger of throwing a TD1 at the dealer if your car needs to be scanned. Costs will vary by dealer, but it should be nominal (~$50 tops).

All in all, I am thrilled with this upgrade. Now I need to look into better brake pads that can bring this beast back down to reasonable speeds if I get too carried away.

Look for Revo's announcement with dyno charts sometime this week.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Now that you have had the car for a few days how is it?

I am considering going Revo on mine, I can only imagine the gains!

Thanks
Old 01-26-2015, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by whiteq
Now that you have had the car for a few days how is it?

I am considering going Revo on mine, I can only imagine the gains!

Thanks
My wife was out of town last week so I was actually driving her car most of the time. But I"m back in my car now, and still thrilled at the upgrade. Only regret is that with the upcoming blizzard I won't be driving anywhere anytime soon...
Old 03-01-2015, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just had my car flashed with a REVO tune, the difference is amazing. In gear acceleration especially is insane!
Old 11-03-2015, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the cost of the Revo Tune? Do they have a DSG tune as well?
Old 02-15-2016, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

'That single launch wore off nearly 5K miles on my winter tyres' did make me laugh my pants off.