S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

H&R ETS Module Removed Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H&R ETS Module Removed Today

This morning I decided to remove the H&R ETS lowering module from my '16 S6. It was on there from the start and I have to say that the stance was fantastic. After 2500 miles, I have to say that's the only thing I liked.

1. It created a harsh ride in every setting. Dynamic, while esthetically awesome, was jarring. I messed with all kinds of tire pressures and it still was never refined. It was low, hard and impactful. Road joints were the worst. I really wish it only was lower in dynamic and the rest of the settings were OEM height.

2. I could never get a level ride. There was always a slight front rake. The unit has 2 adjustments. Front wheels and Front/Rear combined. I could never get the front level with the back and then lower the whole are together. The closest I ever got was 3/8th inch between front and rear.

3. Price was too high for just tricking the computer that the car was higher than it was and then making the suspension lower. Yes, I knew that going in, but $1600 is crazy for that trick.

I was going to remove it for the winter season anyways, and now after a spirited drive in dynamic this morning, it won't be going back on. I think it is good when you're driving 8/10th or 9/10th, but if you do that in this car - you're in jail.

Wanted to give the group my feedback. This 'upgrade' should be considered a cosmetic upgrade and only a performance upgrade if you're at the track.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just FYI: contrary to what the instructions say (which are for A6 btw) the single axle adjustment screw controls the rear axle not the front. That's why you can't get the rake out. I figured it out through experimentation and got my car perfect. Try it again. You will like it better. You will be able to lower rear to make it level and then take it all up and get a better ride too

Originally Posted by stillwaterS6
This morning I decided to remove the H&R ETS lowering module from my '16 S6. It was on there from the start and I have to say that the stance was fantastic. After 2500 miles, I have to say that's the only thing I liked.

1. It created a harsh ride in every setting. Dynamic, while esthetically awesome, was jarring. I messed with all kinds of tire pressures and it still was never refined. It was low, hard and impactful. Road joints were the worst. I really wish it only was lower in dynamic and the rest of the settings were OEM height.

2. I could never get a level ride. There was always a slight front rake. The unit has 2 adjustments. Front wheels and Front/Rear combined. I could never get the front level with the back and then lower the whole are together. The closest I ever got was 3/8th inch between front and rear.

3. Price was too high for just tricking the computer that the car was higher than it was and then making the suspension lower. Yes, I knew that going in, but $1600 is crazy for that trick.

I was going to remove it for the winter season anyways, and now after a spirited drive in dynamic this morning, it won't be going back on. I think it is good when you're driving 8/10th or 9/10th, but if you do that in this car - you're in jail.

Wanted to give the group my feedback. This 'upgrade' should be considered a cosmetic upgrade and only a performance upgrade if you're at the track.

Last edited by thelionsden; 08-30-2015 at 06:12 PM.