S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

I'm Done with My 20inch on the S6!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Done with My 20inch on the S6!

Can anyone help me out with this? I want to downgrade to 19" from 20" rims on my 2017 S6. Does anyone know which 19" rims will fit this damn car? This is my first AUDI and its really pissing me off. I've been with Bimmer for the past 9 years never had a flat. I'm On my second flat in 1 week! even the tiniest pot hole that you can't see will give you a flat on these crap!! I even spent 3k for tire and wheel insurance which dont mean SH*T because I have to keep going back to the damn dealers to get my tire and rim changed out. Let's say I get 19" rims from audi would it still be covered under my damn insurance? Please help!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Strange, I've heard several talking about the 20's being yea kinda "delicate" but I've had no issues. But I do try and avoid any pot holes I see while driving. ATM I have my 19 Winters on, and I do admit those are comfy, and I don't worry about pot holes at all, I just drive over what ever.

Like what is causing the issues? Huge pot holes you should have avoided on the road? Etc.?
Old 01-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Twice was on the highway And I couldn't avoid it on time and that's it , it was done just like that even the rims got bent. Which 19s you have on do you mind telling me I think I need to get 19s It's just bad luck right now.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I put 5,000 miles on my 20" already and ran over many potholes, even made some 'air time' on a backroad going way too fast over a bump and still nothing! You just seem to have bad luck, I'm actually amazed how these wheels have hold up after reading some of the negative stories here.

Btw, I avoid all the dealer upsell protection plans- those are just pure profit and never seem to pay off. Instead, when getting new tires get their replacement protection which is usually under $20/tire and they'll replace a broken one for free (or pro rate a new tire if the wear is too much).
Old 01-02-2017, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tinbad
I put 5,000 miles on my 20" already and ran over many potholes, even made some 'air time' on a backroad going way too fast over a bump and still nothing! You just seem to have bad luck, I'm actually amazed how these wheels have hold up after reading some of the negative stories here.

Btw, I avoid all the dealer upsell protection plans- those are just pure profit and never seem to pay off. Instead, when getting new tires get their replacement protection which is usually under $20/tire and they'll replace a broken one for free (or pro rate a new tire if the wear is too much).
Yeah I didn't want to get the protection plan it was like 2750 but my cousin was telling me I should. After the first day of having the car ran over a pot hole and pop my tires and Crack my rims. Put on my donut drove the vehicle for about 4 days since its the holiday Audi service wasnt open so I didnt get the wheels and tires replaced yet I got another flat again on the back passenger side tires. PURE bad luck you're right. to replace the rims and 2 tires would probably cost me about 1500 dollars right? I'm in Philly so the roads are terrible. any suggestion on 19s?
Old 01-02-2017, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can probably find someone on one of the Audi forums who'd want to swap their 19s for your 20s.

I would also go back to the dealer and complain. Cracked rim after 1 day? For all we know it was already damaged from the factory.. just tell them you're unhappy and propose they swap out your 20s for 19s. Considering you pulled out big bucks for their protection plan, you should at least get a big discount...
Old 01-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah I'm gonna try to talk to them I brought it to my boys shop he said i Hit the most sensitive part of the rims thats why i cracked so easily. I got a pretty good deal for this car it was $1000 Under invoice price + $1000 conquest or loyalty off and first month payment waived and Also $1000 rebate. So i got about 10k off msrp which isnt bad. thats why i added the damn tire package. for 2750
Old 01-02-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Forgot to add, replacing your wheels with OEM ones is probably the only way to keep your coverage. There's only one 19 inch wheel option on offer in the US so you'll probably have to go with those to keep your protection plan. Again, tell the dealer you're really unhappy with the situation and they should be willing to help.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by m444
These Hartmann HTT-256-MA:M, 19x8.5" ET38 wheels fit the C7 & C7.5 S6 : Hartmann HTT-256-MA:M Replica Wheels for Audi

But the balance weights need to be placed on the spokes.

Thank you !
Old 01-02-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There are many threads where this is being discussed...

… Folks have multiple opinions. I have 20" wheels OEM on my RS5 and 19" wheels on my S4. They have suffered endless abuse (three trashed wheels in 31K on the S4). Super low profile tires are the rage now and for that we get; heavier wheels, harsh ride, increased fragility and more expense - all for slightly better transient response and vanity. Wheels need only to clear the calipers. I am convinced that anything lower than a 40 is just asking for trouble. There is just so little sidewall left to absorb shocks and when they do - you are likely to get a bubble on the tire. A nineteen inch fitment is perfectly fine. In fact, since I go through tires so quickly on the RS5 from carving the canyons (6-8K miles), I have switched to 19" figment and save about $400 each cycle. The wheels will be much cheaper as well…

I put a set of Continental DWS all-season tires on the 20" wheels as they are a harder compound and may help the wheel survive. I use them in the snowy mountains and am driving much slower.

The S6 is a wonderful car. The 20" wheels look good - although to me, the space between the rotor and inside of the wheel on the back looks lame. I am considering one was out S4 is almost done with the lease. Every single one of the S6's on the lots have the upgraded 20" wheels as they are a consumer fav. The best lease deals are on this cars that sit, so special ordering will be more expensive. If I get the S6, I will do the same thing that I have done with the RS5.

Happy Motoring

Eric

Quick Reply: I'm Done with My 20inch on the S6!