S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

I'm Done with My 20inch on the S6!

Old 01-02-2017, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Questions: What pressure are you running on the 20's and how does it compare to each of door sticker and the various manual pressure ranges? Have you checked them since car was delivered?

Variously:

1. Nothing in this thread or the prior one seems to mention pressures. Critical in lower profiles. Don't assume dealer set them correctly, either new or following a service. Yes, they are supposed to. Yes, lots of posts that confirm often they don't.

2. If you still have the other original 20's on car and didn't fool with pressures, check them now. If I follow correctly, sounds like this is a new car. Thus, are you sure dealer aired them up correctly, esp. relative to any weather changes or car sitting pre-sale? If you find them mis set, need to have a discussion w/ dealer, though good luck trying to get them to own up to something in this arena.

3. Realize door sticker is the max load setting, while manual has a variety of pressures depending on part vs. full load, as well as the various tire/wheel size options. Given your experience so far, sounds like you want them on higher side anyway.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Questions: What pressure are you running on the 20's and how does it compare to each of door sticker and the various manual pressure ranges? Have you checked them since car was delivered?

Variously:

1. Nothing in this thread or the prior one seems to mention pressures. Critical in lower profiles. Don't assume dealer set them correctly, either new or following a service. Yes, they are supposed to. Yes, lots of posts that confirm often they don't.

2. If you still have the other original 20's on car and didn't fool with pressures, check them now. If I follow correctly, sounds like this is a new car. Thus, are you sure dealer aired them up correctly, esp. relative to any weather changes or car sitting pre-sale? If you find them mis set, need to have a discussion w/ dealer, though good luck trying to get them to own up to something in this arena.

3. Realize door sticker is the max load setting, while manual has a variety of pressures depending on part vs. full load, as well as the various tire/wheel size options. Given your experience so far, sounds like you want them on higher side anyway.
I had my boy checked everything out he says the pressure was fine but he thinks that given the roads arent that great in philadelphia I should downgrade to 19inch or else im gonna keep running into issues with these wheels and tires. the crappy part is I have the tire and wheel protection on this car I don't know if it will cover my 19s if i changed them.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

if any of you come across someone trying to sell their OEM 19s for S6 can you please let me know i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do check the Tire Rack...

Originally Posted by tubby116
if any of you come across someone trying to sell their OEM 19s for S6 can you please let me know i would greatly appreciate it.
I have purchased over a dozen sets of tires and wheels from them - dating all the way back to a set of Fittipaldi 15x8 Alloys (OZ) for my 1992 Honda Accord…

They have a great array of choices an excellent prices.

Eric
Old 01-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
I have purchased over a dozen sets of tires and wheels from them - dating all the way back to a set of Fittipaldi 15x8 Alloys (OZ) for my 1992 Honda Accord…

They have a great array of choices an excellent prices.

Eric
Hey Eric which company are you referring to ? thank you appreciate the response.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332074413910?ul_noapp=true
I found this on ebay you think these will fit?
Old 01-02-2017, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sorry - left off the title...

Originally Posted by tubby116
Hey Eric which company are you referring to ? thank you appreciate the response.
Tire Rack

Wheels for 2016 Audi S6

I do my choosing on line, then call directly - I have been working lately with Chris

Good Luck

Eric
Old 01-04-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wheel weight

I notice that the weight of the listed aftermarket S6 wheels varies from about 24 to 34 lbs each. I understand that lighter weight wheels improve handling (unsprung weight issue) but how does weight affect durability? What do the OEM 19" and 20" wheels weigh? Is there any data? Incidentally, I have destroyed two 19" wheels/tires in potholes (raining and couldn't see them) and bent a couple more. My Allstate tire/wheel warranty has been great as they provide a new wheel and tire - no questions asked. It cost $1500 from the dealer in 2013.

Originally Posted by eric strauss
Tire Rack

Wheels for 2016 Audi S6

I do my choosing on line, then call directly - I have been working lately with Chris

Good Luck

Eric
Old 01-04-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wheel weight is not directly related to strength...

The highest strength and often lightest in weight are the forged wheels (they are also the most expensive). The least expensive, and also the heaviest, are gravity cast. They can be a bit porous and may not always be the most strong. That is why a conversation with the tech at Tire Rack is so important. They know which ones are bending and coming back…

I hope that is helpful...
Old 01-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DD1546
I notice that the weight of the listed aftermarket S6 wheels varies from about 24 to 34 lbs each. I understand that lighter weight wheels improve handling (unsprung weight issue) but how does weight affect durability? What do the OEM 19" and 20" wheels weigh? Is there any data? Incidentally, I have destroyed two 19" wheels/tires in potholes (raining and couldn't see them) and bent a couple more. My Allstate tire/wheel warranty has been great as they provide a new wheel and tire - no questions asked. It cost $1500 from the dealer in 2013.
I just got my tires and wheel replace today at the dealers the tire package cost me $2750. The OEM Rims was like 1200 bucks and the tires was 311 bucks so glad i have the protection.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm Done with My 20inch on the S6!