S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Initial aftermarket stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:39 PM
prl
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Initial aftermarket stuff

So my dealer says my new S6 should be here in late June. Since that gives me some time to kill, I've been thinking about about how to get the car set up (i.e., once it finally gets here).

I think I want to get OptiCoat applied, and also have my radar detector hard-wired into the car. (I'm not much of a DIY'er, so I'll leave both of those jobs to the professionals.)

Anybody recommend any other initial aftermarket stuff? Also, anyone have an opinion on the best place to mount a radar detector in an S6? (I'm in CA so I probably shouldn't mount it on the windshield.)

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats on the order. I have about 3 weeks to go until I take delivery...it's a long wait.

I would consider the following.

034 Motorsport Transmission Mount Insert
Alu Kruez drivetrain stabilizer by Euro Code Tuning
Eurocode USS Adjustable stabilizer bars
Various VAG COM mods
A tune

Then there are the little things like a tint or Audi branded valve stem caps and license plate frame.

What options did you order on your car? Did you get the sport package?

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:15 PM
prl
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, I appreciate it! My order specs are: Tornado Grey/Prestige/Sport Package/Carbon Atlas Inlays/20" tires (not the black optics package, the other ones). I was very close to ordering it in Misano Red but, basically, wimped out.

I see a Stage One tune in my eventual future but want to see how much trouble I get into without one first.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was right there with you on ordering a car in red in 2010...then I said 'go for it'. Got a 2010 Brilliant Red S4. I got so many compliments on it. When I ordered my S6 my favorite color was now standard...Sepang Blue...but my wife was like, no way...no blue cars in this household. So I went with Misano on the S6.

Tornado Grey is an awesome choice. It has depth...to me some of the best aspects of a darker color and the metallic paint give it an edge.

I agree on the tune. I had one for on my S4 for 125,000 miles. Traded that car at 150,000 miles. My plan is the same with the S6...get a tune at the 25,000 mark. Which will be in about 9-10 months after delivery.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWE intake
H&R lowering module
Tint
Clear bra
Winter wheels and tires.
Furstil mats
De-badge and powerdcoat over the S6 on the calipers (my goal is to make it look like an A6. Got the black optic so no silver mirrors. )

Maybe smoke the taillights darker. Though they come smoked now instead of clear.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by prl
So my dealer says my new S6 should be here in late June.
Awesome news! You're going to love that car.

Since that gives me some time to kill, I've been thinking about about how to get the car set up (i.e., once it finally gets here).

I think I want to get OptiCoat applied, and also have my radar detector hard-wired into the car. (I'm not much of a DIY'er, so I'll leave both of those jobs to the professionals.)

Depending on your budget, I would suggest paint protection film for the front end and then use Opti-Coat or another glass coating product on the full car.

If you use XPel Ultimate film, then you can install Opti-Coat on top of the film. XPel Ultimate film is one of the few films where this is safe to do because it has a "clear coat" just like the car's paint.

The paint protection film will protect from rock chips, while the Opti-Coat will seal the paint from the elements and negate the need for wax.

Opti-Coat is not the only product to consider. I personally had OptiCoat Pro on my S6 for the first year, but then had it removed so I could install XPel Ultimate. Then I had the car coated in Modesta BC-03 glass coating. Modesta is a competing product with Opti-Coat.

You should find a good detailer who can do a paint correction on the new car. Believe it or not, but a new car right off the boat is usually filthy and has dead paint that needs to be removed. Tell your dealer DO NOT WASH your new car. The dealers will likely mess up the paint trying to clean the car. They don't know what they are doing. Take delivery of a dirty car and get it straight to your professional detailer. Then get the paint film installed right after the detailer gives it a proper cleaning. Then have it coated.

The combination of paint correction, paint film, and glass coating will give you spectacular results and protection for years and years.

Anybody recommend any other initial aftermarket stuff? Also, anyone have an opinion on the best place to mount a radar detector in an S6? (I'm in CA so I probably shouldn't mount it on the windshield.)

Thanks.
As for Radar Detector: I would highly recommend the Bel STiR Plus, which is a custom install device. It gives you excellent radar coverage in a completely stealth installation. I had the radar display installed inside my rearview mirror by Radar-Mirror.com

A laser jammer is also a good idea. Anti-Laser Priority is the only recommended jammer on the market today. It is the most advanced product available, and the only one that can reliably jam the latest police laser guns.

If you are interested in stereo system upgrades, the S6 is an excellent platform for it.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:57 PM
prl
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks everybody, appreciate the feedback.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting on my S6 as well !!!

Valve Stem Covers - I see on Audi site they have 2 versions - ones with the red sport logo and ones with the reversed out in black audi logo. Anyone have either/both care to comment on which look best?

thx
Old 05-06-2015, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
Waiting on my S6 as well !!!

Valve Stem Covers - I see on Audi site they have 2 versions - ones with the red sport logo and ones with the reversed out in black audi logo. Anyone have either/both care to comment on which look best?

thx
Those things are expensive.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
Search eBay using "audi valve caps" and you'll see over 1700 listings. Use "audi valve caps OEM" and it it drops to 200. Sort by lowest price + shipping and start scanning.

Knock offs start around $4. Real OEM caps are $80 at the highest.

Quick Reply: Initial aftermarket stuff