S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Launch control class action?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3.8 seconds 0-60 in Motorweek review.

http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/roa...s/2013_audi_s6
Old 11-15-2013, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

This has to take the cake as one of the dumbest threads on the C7 S6 forum ever.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
This has to take the cake as one of the dumbest threads on the C7 S6 forum ever.
But still a bit more interesting than discussing how many angels can fit on the head of a pin. Both are debatable but still ok to share thoughts and present points of view (so long as those participating remember to keep it civil and respectful).

(C&D has not performed the angels/pin test yet so far as I know).
Old 11-15-2013, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quite honestly, I have never seen anyone in the lay public that can replicate the 0-60 times of so called "professional" testers for any car.

I prefer to take the old world approach of Rolls Royce. When asked how much power their cars had, the answer was simply, "It is sufficient".

Last edited by Vijay; 11-16-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Q: "How much power does this car have?"

A: "Yes."
Old 11-16-2013, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I totally agree and am actually embarrassed this community has gotten so bored of good topics to stoop to where they would create a lawsuit based on recreating performance times.

I dont know what a C6 vette, Boss 350 or GT500 run but Ive beaten all three on the street already(I do not condone street racing).

I think the fact that Audi actually included launch control in the car and was kind enough to explain how to do in the manual is enough, regardless if you are allowed to only do it 20 times or 200 times.

I think that this car whether or not can do a 3.7 0-60 or 4.3(a half a second really to cry about when its still faster than most sports cars?) is a moot point. We are all very lucky to be able to be in this car.

It's those threats of class action lawsuits(or following through with them) is what keeps Audi from considering the S/RS models for this market. Seriously, when I was over there for training, they laugh at us and our market. We are so insignificant that we should really appreciate what they give us for our market.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I totally agree and am actually embarrassed this community has gotten so bored of good topics to stoop to where they would create a lawsuit based on recreating performance times.

I dont know what a C6 vette, Boss 350 or GT500 run but Ive beaten all three on the street already(I do not condone street racing).

I think the fact that Audi actually included launch control in the car and was kind enough to explain how to do in the manual is enough, regardless if you are allowed to only do it 20 times or 200 times.

I think that this car whether or not can do a 3.7 0-60 or 4.3(a half a second really to cry about when its still faster than most sports cars?) is a moot point. We are all very lucky to be able to be in this car.

It's those threats of class action lawsuits(or following through with them) is what keeps Audi from considering the S/RS models for this market. Seriously, when I was over there for training, they laugh at us and our market. We are so insignificant that we should really appreciate what they give us for our market.
We are insignificant by THEIR choice not ours. If BMW and MB can bring all their top performance models to U.S., as well as Porsche, then why can't Audi?
Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
We are insignificant by THEIR choice not ours. If BMW and MB can bring all their top performance models to U.S., as well as Porsche, then why can't Audi?
We do get most of their performance cars actually. If you think about the amount of S/RS models they have brought over in the past couple years we have been very fortunate. However, if we keep acting like little babies complaining about stupid little things, theres no reason for them to continue doing so.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My issue is with disclosure. I understand Audi is protecting the transmission by limiting LC to 200 uses, but this should have been clearly stated in the manual. There should also be a way for the owner to easily see how many uses are left.

All the maintenance items you mention can be easily inspected or tracked to get an estimate of their remaining life and the owner can plan accordingly. Even so, does this mean that Audi can program the car to not start if you haven't changed the oil by mile #5001? Tires have a rated life of let's say 30k mi - come mile #30001 the car won't move until you change the tires?

There is no difference between LC #200 and #201 on a practical level except that Audi says you've reached an undisclosed limit and therefore the feature has been turned off.

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
May it please the peanut gallery, Kevin Kane (very unofficially) on behalf of Audi:

Every car has brakes and they are advertised as having the same. Car manufacturers do not advertise the fact that the brakes are a wear item and will stop working at some point. The same applies to tires, oil, belts, hoses, etc. So why would launch control be any different? Your remedy when it reaches the end of its natural life is to replace it. It is understandably much more difficult to replace the components that give launch control new life, but it is, nonetheless, a replaceable component/feature.

My LC counter has a big fat "0" next to it and I plan on keeping my LC virginity for the foreseeable future. I have more fun punching it at speed to make a pass or to merge onto the highway. I'm afraid LC will be like the first beer ****: once you start, you cannot stop.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
We do get most of their performance cars actually. If you think about the amount of S/RS models they have brought over in the past couple years we have been very fortunate. However, if we keep acting like little babies complaining about stupid little things, theres no reason for them to continue doing so.
Yes there is...despite all the complaints, the same people will still continue to buy their cars because the price/value is there.

Quick Reply: Launch control class action?