S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Looking For A Great Sounding Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vinhhsanityy
I've been looking into an Akrapovic exhaust, and if you install it can you still keep your warranty? Also did you dealer install it for you or did you go to a workshop?
I would think it doesn't void the warranty.
I had an independent shop, 3zero3, install it. I had written to Akrapovic and they had this shop contact me - as they sell the akrapovic line. Good luck - pretty sure you won't regret it
Old 05-15-2016, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Akrapovic exhaust for the S6/7, requires quite a bit of work to rewire the exhaust valves. IIRC the tail lights and the rear bumper have to be removed to get the wires into the rear fuse box.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MadAboutCars
The Akrapovic exhaust for the S6/7, requires quite a bit of work to rewire the exhaust valves. IIRC the tail lights and the rear bumper have to be removed to get the wires into the rear fuse box.
For the MY16 it was quite an intensive install - they had to remove rear bumper as well trunk floor (IIRC). My understanding is that before MY16 install is much easier
Old 10-20-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just converted from AWE Touring to the Track edition on my 2014 S6 today. I am extremely pleased with the results. The Touring edition provided nice sound, but only if I was getting on it a bit. What I like about the Track edition is it has a nice cruising sound without being too much. Naturally, the extra pop is there if I hit it hard. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the resonators!
Old 10-21-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I too was looking for a system that would do this engine justice. While the Akra and Supersprint are sweet setups, the price tags for both are out of my sensibility range. If we were talking an R8, I'd have no issues spending that kind of coin. Have seen and heard both in action, worth every penny.

I'll be installing a Milltek Valvesonic system within the next couple of days, will let you know how it sounds. It utilizes the stock valve actuators and controls via the MMI interface already in the car. From what I observed it's quite magnificent with valves open and both rear mufflers bypassed, yet muffled appropriately when cruising in comfort or 4 cyl mode.

Milltek also has a new Valvesonic Plus control module in the works, which will allow for complete customization of valve control via included software and usb cable. The controller can be retrofitted to any valvesonic system at any time, so a nice backup plan if I can't get the response I'm looking for from the stock valve control algorithm. Another option is AWE's remote override add-on controller for $200. It will actuate the valves manually, overriding any controls from the MMI system.

For me, a properly valved system is a must being I have a kid and the wife needs to "borrow" the car from time to time. Kinda best of both worlds imo.