S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Looking into a 2017

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking into a 2017

We were thinking of trading our 2012A6 for a 2017A6....but somehow I have my wife interested/considering an S6... We are going to look into it. Has anyone ordered, have any pricing. What kind of money off the list should I be looking for. It would be a trade/cash purchase. No lease, no payments. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

No 2017 pricing yet, but ordering has started. The only thing that's really new is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You'll probably be better off financing through Audi for 3 months and then paying the rest off in full so that you qualify for any rebates available at the time.

Where are you located? Audi pricing varies a lot by location.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by anotherA6
We were thinking of trading our 2012A6 for a 2017A6....but somehow I have my wife interested/considering an S6... We are going to look into it. Has anyone ordered, have any pricing. What kind of money off the list should I be looking for. It would be a trade/cash purchase. No lease, no payments. Thanks for any help.
Join Audi club NA to get a 6% discount plus your loyalty discount.

Many of us never got to take a test drive of the S6/S7/RS7 before we ordered.

I had to drive a A8 to help me understand how the engine felt. I drove and spent seat time on the showroom floor of a A6 to get a feel for the interior. If I didn't own a S4 with the DSG I would have asked to drive a DSG car to get a feel for the transmission.

Then I needed to put all that together and take a leap.

In the end, still after 1 year with the car, I am so excited to drive it every single day.

Good luck shopping.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55

Many of us never got to take a test drive of the S6/S7/RS7 before we ordered.

I had to drive a A8 to help me understand how the engine felt. I drove and spent seat time on the showroom floor of a A6 to get a feel for the interior. If I didn't own a S4 with the DSG I would have asked to drive a DSG car to get a feel for the transmission.

Then I needed to put all that together and take a leap.

In the end, still after 1 year with the car, I am so excited to drive it every single day.

Good luck shopping.
Same here. Spent some time looking around in the A6, tested a S4 for the transmission and an A8 for the engine. It didn't really prepare me for how brutal the combination can be if you give it a boot full.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
No 2017 pricing yet, but ordering has started. The only thing that's really new is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You'll probably be better off financing through Audi for 3 months and then paying the rest off in full so that you qualify for any rebates available at the time.

Where are you located? Audi pricing varies a lot by location.
Located in Montgomery County, Pa 19422. I'm in contact with a sales advisor but naturally will shop. I try to be a loyal customer but will compare within a 1-1.5 hour ride.
Originally Posted by redrocker55
Good luck shopping.
Our A6 Prestige is pretty powerful for 300hp and I'm quite satisfied with it. The S6 is going to be an experience. The S6 will be my wife's DD. If she does not like it I'll keep it and tell her to get the A6.

Last edited by anotherA6; 05-06-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Test drove today....And the bad news is my wife likes the A6 better. Seating, blah blah.
I loved the S6. It's an executive sport car. Oh well I tried. Looked good for a while,
Old 05-07-2016, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anotherA6
Test drove today....And the bad news is my wife likes the A6 better. Seating, blah blah.
I loved the S6. It's an executive sport car. Oh well I tried. Looked good for a while,
Sorry to hear..... for you, but if the wife is happy that is all that counts......
Old 05-07-2016, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD S4/Allroad
Sorry to hear..... for you, but if the wife is happy that is all that counts......
She's Happy I'm Grumpy. Both sleepy. The S6 I saw was (something)Blue..real sharp. Had the diamond stitch seats. Beautiful. Went to Cherry Hill Audi.

Last edited by anotherA6; 05-07-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bought my CPO 2014 S6 from Cherry Hill Audi. Very satisfied with them during the purchase. Can't give ya much info on their service as I live near Freehold Audi. Cherry Hill was updating their showroom when I bought my S6. Freehold Audi if you're buying new has an amazing selection. Try to convince the wife on the S6.... It really is an amazing car! I came out of a 12 CTS-V sedan and miss it but the S6 is so much more polished. Best of luck with your search!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by MRANT212
Bought my CPO 2014 S6 from Cherry Hill Audi. Very satisfied with them during the purchase. Can't give ya much info on their service as I live near Freehold Audi. Cherry Hill was updating their showroom when I bought my S6. Freehold Audi if you're buying new has an amazing selection. Try to convince the wife on the S6.... It really is an amazing car! I came out of a 12 CTS-V sedan and miss it but the S6 is so much more polished. Best of luck with your search!
I remember when you came in to buy your S6. I'm your salesperson's son. Glad that you are enjoying it. The new showroom is finally open and next week the old building is being knocked down and the whole lot is being redone so we can finally keep most of our inventory onsite. When a new showroom goes up, it's amazing how many cars Audi will send you.

Quick Reply: Looking into a 2017