S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My 16 S6 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 16 S6 Build Thread

Thanks for stopping by and taking a minute to read about my build. I placed an order for a 2016 S6 on March 12, with an ETA of the end of June. Here a list of the specs I ordered;

-2016 Audi S6 Prestige Package
-Glacier White Metallic
-S Sport Seat Arras Red Design
-Driver Assistance Package
-Cold Weather Package
-S6 Sport Package
-Black Optic Package
-Black Cloth Headliner
-Rear Side Airbags
-Delete Front License Plate Holder

I just got off the phone with Frank at Klassen ID Wheels and placed an order for 21" MS03 Wheels in Satin Black, wrapped in Michelin Super Sport tires. Outstanding customer service from Frank and I couldn't be happier in making the choice to go with Klassen ID Wheels.

I also plan on getting the APR ECU Tune (possibly the TCU Tune as well), 5% Tint on all windows, Matte Black wrap on the roof, and the 034 Transmission mount.

If anyone has any recommendations on other accessories for this beast please drop a comment, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I look forward to updating this thread with pictures of my wheels being machined and delivery of the vehicle. Stay tuned.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Alu Kreuz for sure. Best addition to any Audi.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice car and potential build. Tell me a little about the transmission mount? What does it solve and is mainly needed for a tuned car?

My Black Betty is going in to the shop in about 30 minutes for 20% Ceramic
all the way around. I have 5% on my trucks and it is too hard to see out of at night. Back up camera really helps but the Liability factor to me is too great now. People forget that if your in a wreck and you have blacked out windows the lawyers will eat you alive when they see pictures of the car. They are going to claim you reduced the visibility which you have and then you get the check book out. I know someone that this happened too. His advice. Smash out all the windows with tire iron if your in a wreck and it might have been your fault.

Doing a whole hood, full front & fenders, rockers, door cups, behind the wheels and trunk edge with Clear-Bra today also. Car for me has plenty of power so mine will stay stock. If I were to even think about a tune I sure as hell would not be discussing it here. Just saying.

Nice ride- I was looking for white but they had the black when there which looked so sweet. I am stupid because it has not been the full ten years required between my last black car. 10 years is what is required to forget what a bitch it is to keep clean. Well for 10 minutes or so if your lucky.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was wondering how much they are quoting for the clear bra? Are you talking about xpel?

Black with black optics is a beautiful combination!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uclaboy
I was wondering how much they are quoting for the clear bra? Are you talking about xpel?

Black with black optics is a beautiful combination!

I shopped this hard all over PHX. Most guys quoted 1800 for the front of the car whole hood- fenders.+ Rocker +250, Door cups 80, trunk-100, wheel edges 100- you get the idea. I ended up using Airpark Auto Tint who did my
Jeep that I traded in on the S6. $1470 all in and did the tint for $323. I could get the Clear Bra anywhere for under the price I paid for both. They did a killer job.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 16AudiS6
Thanks for stopping by and taking a minute to read about my build. I placed an order for a 2016 S6 on March 12, with an ETA of the end of June. Here a list of the specs I ordered;

-2016 Audi S6 Prestige Package
-Glacier White Metallic
-S Sport Seat Arras Red Design
-Driver Assistance Package
-Cold Weather Package
-S6 Sport Package
-Black Optic Package
-Black Cloth Headliner
-Rear Side Airbags
-Delete Front License Plate Holder

I just got off the phone with Frank at Klassen ID Wheels and placed an order for 21" MS03 Wheels in Satin Black, wrapped in Michelin Super Sport tires. Outstanding customer service from Frank and I couldn't be happier in making the choice to go with Klassen ID Wheels.

I also plan on getting the APR ECU Tune (possibly the TCU Tune as well), 5% Tint on all windows, Matte Black wrap on the roof, and the 034 Transmission mount.

If anyone has any recommendations on other accessories for this beast please drop a comment, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I look forward to updating this thread with pictures of my wheels being machined and delivery of the vehicle. Stay tuned.
Sounds like an awesome build! I just love the flat bottom steering wheel so opted for no cold weather package!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wrapped the front center lip, rear lip spoiler and my mirrors in satin black. I think it looks awesome, however the mirrors do not wrap well. Better to have them painted or use plastidip.

Def post pics when you get it done! I want to see how that roof looks wrapped as I am considering doing that myself.

I have a set of Avant Garde m580s waiting to go on my car, damn this snow!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you are shopping for a place to have your clear bra and tint done, make sure you check out Acutint in Bellevue, they are located right behind Barrier Porsche. These guys do super clean work and back their work 100% if you have any issues at all, very professional is all I can say.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got an email on Thursday that my S6 is in production!! Woot woot!! Hopefully the boat moves quickly across the pond!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car populated on the dealers website, I'm guessing this means the car will be en route soon?

Quick Reply: My 16 S6 Build Thread