S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My car showing up on dealers website under 'new car' inventory???

Old 03-09-2015, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car showing up on dealers website under 'new car' inventory???

The S6 I've ordered is on the water and due to US port later this week. I looked at my dealer's website last night and noticed that my car is now listed as 'available soon' under my the new vehicle stock portion of their website. Its missing 1-2 options that my car has but everything else is the exact car/options. I doubt my dealer ordered another S6 for their stock.

Is it normal for sold orders to show up on the dealers website like this?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your dealer is probably ordering for their stock. Audi St. Paul MN has 1 S6 and 1 S7 on order. I spoke to them on Saturday.

Audi minneapolis mn has 6 S6s on order.

While you may think it's your car, it isn't. They would leave off your options.

Coincidence for sure.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, my S6 VIN showed up as available inventory at my dealership prior to delivery. I think it's just standard process that all VINs getting delivered show up in the computer. My VIN was on autotrader for weeks after I took delivery.

While shopping for my Q5, I ran into a lot of newly listed cars that were already sold and not available.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mine is showing up on my Dealer's site as well. I know it's mine because the options list is identical (read the codes, not the text) to my order and no one else in this area would order a bright red car. White, black, and gray for miles around...

Not happy about this since it says "please call".

The only thing interesting here is they have fuel economy numbers posted when fueleconomy.gov still doesn't. They're claiming 17/27 for the S6.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just looked on my dealer's website and am pretty certain I found my exact car (S6, brilliant black, prestige package, driver assist, sport package, 20 inch wheels, contour seats, black headliner, and it even has the wheel locks I ordered).

I'm 99% positive this is my order. I still believe it's mine and don't think they'll sell it out from under me. I paid a $500 deposit that is refundable. It still makes sense for them to list the car for two reasons in my opinion:
1. If I back out, then the car will already have been listed and they probably sell it quicker.
2. If someone else calls and expresses interest, then they still get to establish contact with that person and tell them that it's already been ordered by someone else and that if the first person backs out it will then be available. However, even if that S6 doesn't come available they can still place an order for a new S6.

I'm guessing posting the new car orders as available is standard practice. If they started selling our ordered cars out from under us they'd **** us off real quick.

Last edited by Parkles; 03-09-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your dealer is probably ordering for their stock. Audi St. Paul MN has 1 S6 and 1 S7 on order. I spoke to them on Saturday.
Audi minneapolis mn has 6 S6s on order.
While you may think it's your car, it isn't. They would leave off your options.
Coincidence for sure.
I doubt it, I've been watching my dealerships inventory for a year or so and my dealership isn't in a large market and at most I've seen 2-3 S4's, 1 S5, and never an S6, S7 or RS model.

Mine is showing up on my Dealer's site as well. I know it's mine because the options list is identical (read the codes, not the text) to my order and no one else in this area would order a bright red car. White, black, and gray for miles around...

Not happy about this since it says "please call".

The only thing interesting here is they have fuel economy numbers posted when fueleconomy.gov still doesn't. They're claiming 17/27 for the S6.
I'm pretty sure the one on my dealer's site is my car is well. The only difference is the build on my dealer's site has the 20" wheel option instead of the Black optic package. That was my original configuration but I changed to the black optics about 3.5 weeks before the car was released to production. My dealer sent me a copy/paste of the options on the order when I made the change so it should be correct (black optics). I can't find the option codes on the dealer's website to check it that way.

I'm planning on calling my dealer once I see the ship my car is on has docked at port in Brunswick which is scheduled to be Friday.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by neddy191
I doubt it, I've been watching my dealerships inventory for a year or so and my dealership isn't in a large market and at most I've seen 2-3 S4's, 1 S5, and never an S6, S7 or RS model.

I'm pretty sure the one on my dealer's site is my car is well. The only difference is the build on my dealer's site has the 20" wheel option instead of the Black optic package. That was my original configuration but I changed to the black optics about 3.5 weeks before the car was released to production. My dealer sent me a copy/paste of the options on the order when I made the change so it should be correct (black optics). I can't find the option codes on the dealer's website to check it that way.

I'm planning on calling my dealer once I see the ship my car is on has docked at port in Brunswick which is scheduled to be Friday.
At least yours made it on a boat. As far as I've heard mine is still sitting in Emden (departure port arrived on 2/21).

I just emailed the Sales Manager again asking for an update and an explanation as to why they've listed my car for sale.

Standard practice or not, I don't like it. Buying an Audi has not been the smoothest process for me. The three other new cars I've ordered over the past decade or so resulted in far less hassle and far more visibility. This is the most expensive car I've ever bought and as such the experience should be WAY better than when I got out of college and bought a Hyundai Sonata (and it isn't).

EDIT: Update from dealer. Car has Ship Loaded of 3/6. Guess I only missed 6 boats, not 7 as thought. New ETA is week of 3/30. He also said that they have no control over the web site and that until a vehicle is marked as sold with Audi, it automatically shows on the site.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 03-09-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

On 2/28 my dealer told me I had a ship loaded of 2/27 so I'm assuming its on the water. Does your dealer's site show the black optics package for your car?
Old 03-09-2015, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My order is not showing up on my dealers website.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by neddy191
On 2/28 my dealer told me I had a ship loaded of 2/27 so I'm assuming its on the water. Does your dealer's site show the black optics package for your car?
Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/XswDuzk.png

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car showing up on dealers website under 'new car' inventory???