S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

my s6 test drive

Old 11-04-2015, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my s6 test drive

Finally found a dealer with s6 to see it and take it to drive.

It was s6 prestige with sport seats, ash wood, sport package, 20" wheels, black optic package.

Like the car exterior, classic, elegant.
Inside it was different impression: black leather is nice quality but wood inlays look...cheap. The alkantra fake suede door inserts don't look good at all to me, I would prefer fake leather there.

The sport seats actually disappointed me : not enough adjustments for upper body and side bolsters are not adjustable !

Can somebody comment on individual comfort seats if they are better?
Car had only back camera but I'm not sure if surround view is needed it.
and last one is B&O worth ordering?

Important part is that car drives nicely and I really like it. Feel very comfortable DD car with extra hp and agility when I want that.

The dealer offered small discount but its not worth it me to go with that particular car. For that price I believe I can order car with my options and colors and be happy with it.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What wood inlays did you see?

When spec'ing the black inlays, this was helpful and impressive: Design Focus: Innovative Materials in the New Audi S-Cars Definitely worth reading. I like cars that are somewhat unique, and I also like that these inlays are not available in A6 models.

The seats are by preference and you'll see people in both camps. Generally people seem to prefer the seats and just wrestle if they're worth the cost. Someone I know is really sorry he didn't get them. From what you're saying, it seems you'd probably prefer putting them in. Note neither the regular sport seats nor the individual comfort seats are available in A6 models.

You can find different perspectives on the B&O. Generally people seem to think it's better, but it's unclear if it's better enough to justify the cost. Fortunately the cost has declined for the options.

The cameras are great in my perspective.

Last edited by schalliol; 11-04-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by msaudiq5
Finally found a dealer with s6 to see it and take it to drive.

It was s6 prestige with sport seats, ash wood, sport package, 20" wheels, black optic package.

Like the car exterior, classic, elegant.
Inside it was different impression: black leather is nice quality but wood inlays look...cheap. The alkantra fake suede door inserts don't look good at all to me, I would prefer fake leather there.

The sport seats actually disappointed me : not enough adjustments for upper body and side bolsters are not adjustable !

Can somebody comment on individual comfort seats if they are better?
Car had only back camera but I'm not sure if surround view is needed it.
and last one is B&O worth ordering?

Important part is that car drives nicely and I really like it. Feel very comfortable DD car with extra hp and agility when I want that.

The dealer offered small discount but its not worth it me to go with that particular car. For that price I believe I can order car with my options and colors and be happy with it.
The comfort seats are better IF you take the time to adjust them properly. If you option them the alcantara inserts go away in favor of leather.

The only wood I like is the aluminum/black wood.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Since I see only two color options with comfort seats (black or light leather) I think the best is to go with aluminum/black wood inlays.
Do I have option not to have Alcantara inserts on the doors ? Dealer didn't know this detail.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by msaudiq5
Since I see only two color options with comfort seats (black or light leather) I think the best is to go with aluminum/black wood inlays.
Do I have option not to have Alcantara inserts on the doors ? Dealer didn't know this detail.
If you get the comfort seating package the alcantara inserts go away.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

The comfort seats are essentially the same as the A8. If the dealer has an AA8 with comfort seats, you could do a test sit in them. I love the comfort seats on our A8, but I have the Sport seats on my S6. I like the Sport seats well enough, but on a really long trip I miss the A8 seats.

I really like the carbon atlas trim in my car. Have not seen the wood trims.

Black Optics is a must-have feature. Chrome looks terrible on any color. Period.

B&O is a waste of money. It's still a terrible quality sound system. Even the $8000+ Burmester systems on the S Class Mercedes are terrible. There is no such thing as a good OEM stereo, on any car. For the price of the B&O upgrade you can replace the entire Bose system with high-quality components and have a wonderful sound system.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
If you get the comfort seating package the alcantara inserts go away.
Not necessarily....I have comfort seats and have the alcantara inserts.

Also I would recommend the comfort seats. Living in the south, I couldn't give up the seat ventilation I've had in 2 previous cars. Some had mentioned it was weak airflow, I found mine to be great, not sure if they increased the airflow for MY16.

The massage is way stronger than my brother's Benz. You can also turn up the intensity with VAG-COM I believe. I use it occasionally.

But yes with available adjustments, if you take the time to adjust it I'm sure there is probably a perfect comfortable position for anyone.

Last edited by Kcjonz; 11-05-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I really like the carbon atlas trim in my car. Have not seen the wood trims.
I saw the matte ash in a car when I ordered mine, I thought the matte finish made it appear, well...like an unfinished afterthought. I was torn between the carbon and the layered wood/aluminum.

I ended up with carbon and like it more than I thought I would.

I was aiming for less sporty more elegant cruiser look, as I use the car for business a lot, another reason for no sport seats. There is not enough trim to make the carbon overpowering and it blends with the black interior to give a very refined look.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kcjonz
Not necessarily....I have comfort seats and have the alcantara inserts.

Also I would recommend the comfort seats. Living in the south, I couldn't give up the seat ventilation I've had in 2 previous cars. Some had mentioned it was weak airflow, I found mine to be great, not sure if they increased the airflow for MY16.

The massage is way stronger than my brother's Benz. You can also turn up the intensity with VAG-COM I believe. I use it occasionally.

But yes with available adjustments, if you take the time to adjust it I'm sure there is probably a perfect comfortable position for anyone.
Thanks. So,,,sounds we have no control over Alcantara inserts!
I see you have night vision - did you find it's useful option ?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

msaudiq5, there are some other threads on the night vision. Some really like it, some don't find it useful. The guy who I'm buying the 14 S6 from has it there but he ordered a 16 S6 and didn't opt for it again. I'm looking forward to it. The concern many have over the night vision is that it's down low and not in the HUD, so if you're looking at that, you're not looking at the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my s6 test drive