S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Need advice re sport seats vs comfort seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice re sport seats vs comfort seats

About to order a s6. I really like the look of the sport seats and the white stiching on the dark seats alooks sharp in a pretty dark cabin but having ventilation and massage on my current car, I'm concerned I may miss it and the extra adjustments. Thoughts and are the comfort seats really noticeably more comfortable?

Thanks,

David
Old 05-09-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ABWAP
About to order a s6. I really like the look of the sport seats and the white stiching on the dark seats alooks sharp in a pretty dark cabin but having ventilation and massage on my current car, I'm concerned I may miss it and the extra adjustments. Thoughts and are the comfort seats really noticeably more comfortable?

Thanks,

David
IMO there is no difference in the general comfort of the sport seats vs the comfort seats. They both are all day long comfortable.

The S6 will be a daily driver for me and I will be racking up 35,000 miles a year...lot's of 8-10 hours days in the car.

I have comfort seats in our M-B GL. They are nice...but rarely do I use the massage function. It's fun to show people but in the end they are no more comfortable to me than a really good non massaging seats. I do use the ventilation feature and I do like that...alot. If ventilation is a must have then you have your answer.

In the end, and again this is just my opinion, it's not what I wanted in the S6. I really like the much more sporty look of the sport seats. The shape, the stitching the way they hold you in the seat...it's all perfect for the S6.

Plus, to me, the sport seats have a better adjustment for the legs and me being tall (6'6") that really helps me.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big Sports Seat Fan...

The added thigh support from the adjustable bolster is great. Especially for any spirited driving, the sports seats will support you better. Congrats on the S6 as it is a wonderful car...

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 05-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The comfort seats had lousy nonsporty side bolsters, even when adjust for maximum hug. They did not feel sporty at all. They did have that great massage function.

So for me, I chose sport seats.

+1 Comfort seats have massage. Did not care about ventilation.
versus
+2 Sport seats look amazing and have much more supportive bolstering.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I tried both before and went with the comfort seats. Very happy with the choice. The massage function is more fun, but the basic sit and ventilation makes them worthwhile.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dogears
The comfort seats had lousy nonsporty side bolsters, even when adjust for maximum hug.
Sensitive question... How much do you weigh? I ask because I think the Comfort seats in my 2016 have great side support. I could easily see though how someone who weighed more than I do (6' 3", 175lbs), or just had a larger upper-body, could have an issue with them.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm 6'2" 250lbs with wide shoulders (size 52 suit coat) and I love my comfort seats and think they have plenty of side support.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by neddy191
I'm 6'2" 250lbs with wide shoulders (size 52 suit coat) and I love my comfort seats and think they have plenty of side support.
Ok, good to have as a data point.

EDIT: 42 Long

Last edited by jasonlitka; 05-11-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

5'7 and 172

Size 42 jacket. Not heavy. I am just used to deeper bolsters. Like my M3.

The comfort seats had less bolster height and I could sense that I was not deep in the seat.

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Sensitive question... How much do you weigh? I ask because I think the Comfort seats in my 2016 have great side support. I could easily see though how someone who weighed more than I do (6' 3", 175lbs), or just had a larger upper-body, could have an issue with them.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dogears
5'7 and 172

Size 42 jacket. Not heavy. I am just used to deeper bolsters. Like my M3.

The comfort seats had less bolster height and I could sense that I was not deep in the seat.
Ok, yeah, I could see why you'd say that then. They're not what I'd call "track oriented".

Quick Reply: Need advice re sport seats vs comfort seats