S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

New member saying hello and thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member saying hello and thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group but want to say hello and thanks. I've spent a lot of time on this board trying to decide what my next car should be, you guys have been a great help to me. Back in the early 80s I owned a Audi GT which I loved. Then life hit me in the face--wife, kids, mortgage-- you know the drill. I survived Accords, and 4, yes 4 minivans before I was again able to drive something fun again. My last two cars were BMW 5 Series - a '99 540i, and a '08 535xi. This time around I really wanted a V8 again, really missed the power of the old 540i. So I narrowed my choices to a BMW 550xi and the S6. My S6 was delivered Friday and took my first road trip today. OMG is this car fast and fun to drive. I still need to spend more time with the manual for sure, but I'm catching on fast. If I did this right, the picture of my S6 should be below. Wow, what a car.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! It's awesome isn't it!! As a father of 9mo twins I'm glad to hear you made it out the other way. I just couldn't wait that long so nagged my wife for the last 6 months and got my S6 last week. Luckily she loves it too so I don't foresee a divorce anytime soon And we still have the minivan!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! You have excellent taste in color, my man. Now, put a tune on it and your grin will transform into a girlish giggle!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What an awesome looking S6!!! welcome back !
Old 08-14-2016, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Both beautiful cars. My baby spends a lot of time in the garage because i feel it's too nice for me to drive. I've never owned a Luxury sports car in my life and this was a retirement gift to myself, although I'll still be paying for the next 4 years. I have to admit though, when I do drive it (in fair weather) I feel super special. It's almost surreal, and I have to really think that I actually own this machine. I do want to modify it just a bit, maybe an exhaust to make the Mustang owners a little more jealous, also want to boost the HP up another 50 ponies to really have that thrill under foot.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts

Congrats! One of my first Audis was also a Coupe GT back in 1986...and a 5000 sedan...been through many brands and now back with Audi as one of them...
Old 08-15-2016, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BluejayBob
...Wow, what a car...
Congrats - it IS an amazing car - enjoy!
Old 08-15-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Congrats! You have excellent taste in color, my man. Now, put a tune on it and your grin will transform into a girlish giggle!
So I've been reading about this tune thing. Any downside to doing that, other than the hit to the wallet? Any warranty issues? Can the chip just be removed if for any reason you wanted to go back to stock. I'm intrigued, but do I really need more power....
Old 08-15-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are always at risk with warranty issues when you tune a car. As the saying goes, you must pay to play. There's quite a bit of discussion with warranty and tunes on here and other forums. Only you can decide. I'm pretty confident with the tune I have. I ended up going with EPL and the best part is that I can flash it at home and flash it back to stock any time I like. I'm also fairly confident that once I flash back to stock, a "normal" scan of my ECU will not detect a tune. Now having said this, if Audi reeeeally dug into it, they can probably find a way to find out. That would take some time and manpower.
I debated getting a tune for a long time. For me, it is well worth the risk. In stock form, the S6 is a tamed beast and with a tune, it's a beast on steroids. Power...it's never enough, right?!
Old 08-15-2016, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

One dealer here in the Bay Area that I talked to said they would honor the warranty (he literally said buy an S6, turn it into an RS7), but ONLY if it's an APR tune so it may not necessarily void the warranty instantly. I had my S6 for less than 2 weeks so it's plenty power for me (for now) but I can see myself getting one later. Of course, only after doing the research and making sure I have multiple dealers tell me it's OK to do and preferably have something in writing.

Quick Reply: New member saying hello and thanks