S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

New S6

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New S6

Hi All,

Drove up to Livermore Audi and took delivery this past Friday. Thank you for all of your help & input! '16 Mythos Black, Drivers Assist, Sport Package, Audi Guard (mats). LOVE it so far, the exhaust is intoxicating though I am certainly going to replace the center resonator with an X-pipe (posted another thread on that but not much response - no mechanical foreseen issues doing this, right?). The car really is deceptively fast, so smooth and heavy it doesn't feel as quick as it really is. Tint to come this week to get rid of the fishbowl syndrome.

Hope the pic works - the S4 is my wife's. Only downside is the dogs are trapped now (luckily dog park & vet within walking distance), they're certainly not going in the sedans. Time to pick up an old 4-runner once I get "the boss" open to the idea.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car(s)! How was your buying experience at Livermore Audi? I did not get a good feeling while shopping there, however, it may have been just the guy I spoke with. He simply didn't seem that interested in selling a car...

Chris JB

2016 S6 Prestige - Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Optic Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Chris,

I dealt with Larry Liu and worked the deal over the phone as I'm in Orange county. He was great - zero BS in the #'s, picked me up at Oakland airport, and even handled signing the papers himself. I would definitely buy another car from him despite the 400 miles. I will say, however, their detailing guys were terrible, the car had some minor marring, zero protection (wax) on it; it looked like they peeled the plastic off and ran it through a gas station car wash. Luckily I have been detailing as a hobby for 10 years. It took me 8 hours, a rotary and some wine to get it perfect again. All in all, though, considering the deal (7% off plus rebates), and the ease, I'd do it again in a heartbeat: Larry was first class.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dealers may tell you that the delivery detail is a waxing, or they might even "officially" use a spray wax (a synthetic). That's one of those things in a dealership that can get rushed through,(missed/skipped) and it's not that noticeable to the average buyer. You probably noticed because your an enthusiast.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats on the new Whip! As to the exhaust, as long as you use an X pipe you will be fine. You would only have issues if you used straight pipes because of the valves on the exhaust.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Nice black beauty.
Having bought several new cars, I always laugh when they say "your car has been detailed and ready to go". Detailed? Seriously? They just wash it and let it dry in the sun for the most part. When we bought my wife's GL450 a year ago, the 3rd row carpet had a bunch of foot prints and when I brought it up to the sales guy, he was embarrassed and we ended up getting a real "detail" on their dime. That was the only time that any dealership "detailed" my car before driving it off the lot. Sad.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the S6... You're going to love it!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats on the new ride! That engine is going to be addicting.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just wondering if you mind sharing the final deal on your super-nice S6? like how many % off the MSRP?

I am considering both CPO and new S6, but heard that Audi dealers are pretty tough to come down in price in new car, but only that 6% corporate/manufacturer discount max.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wilaudi
Just wondering if you mind sharing the final deal on your super-nice S6? like how many % off the MSRP?

I am considering both CPO and new S6, but heard that Audi dealers are pretty tough to come down in price in new car, but only that 6% corporate/manufacturer discount max.
A lot depends on where you are located and more importantly, how many Audi dealers are competing for your business. As with most cars, end of the month is always a good time to negotiate and better yet, if you can figure out when your local dealership needs to meet the sales quota, you can score pretty big. I bought mine at the end of February and ended up getting just shy of 10% off (including conquest cash).
Fortunately for us SoCal folks, there are a lot of dealerships willing to deal. Good luck!

Quick Reply: New S6