S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

No remote start on S6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

First world problems. If this is such a big item for you, do your homework next time and buy a car that has it.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Viper SmartStart system in my car. It's a smartphone app-based system and includes cellular connectivity in the car, so theoretically you can start, stop, lock and unlock your car from anywhere in the world. I've loved it over the last few months while at the stadium watching the Pats. Half way through the 4th quarter, I start the car out in the lot from my seat and it's all toasty by the time the game is over. I also used it one time when someone needed to get something out of the car in Boston while I was traveling in California. I unlocked the car from 2500 miles away and re-locked it after they got what they needed. All pretty slick. It's a pricy system though. About $350 to install and $80 for a 3 year cellular connection.

Last edited by hinckley; 01-30-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I would feel guilty wasting fuel idling my car in a parking lot just so I can get into a toasty interior. Not to mention that idling a cold modern engine is actually detrimental. It doesn't get the juices flowing as good and the engine warms up slower, so it's spending much more time in a state where the metals are not expanded fully as at their normal operating temps, causing additional wear, but to each their own I guess.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah I agree. I can't have another fob attached to the fob I need. No more fobs!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MRANT212

This one feature missing gets me aggravated. I know I can get it added but it's another FOB to carry and I've heard where it could possibly screw up a ones warranty.

I've noticed an interesting culture-attitude at Audi that tends to align with this statement. They tend to be brain washed from Audi that their cars should not be modified in any way. They have an attitude that their cars are so technologically advanced that outside modifications cannot/should not be done but it's interesting how Mercedes and BMW's are fine when modified. They will grasp at straws when they discover that the car has had any electrical modifications, and they will try to pretend that the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act does not apply to them.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's funny but true. The finance guy told me, you can always refinance after, but you have to wait six months. Otherwise, they will back charge you for the rebate they gave. Bahahha
Your going to get me to pay you back for a rebate? That is some funny ****.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Remote Start

Just a heads up, i was able to install my own remote start and keep the factory remote as the remote start button. (lock) Ive had it since i got the car (2 years) works great. Also installed Smartstart on it as well.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can't get remote start on an Audi, but you can on a Passat
Old 10-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can’t get a factory remote start but as I said- I was able to install a Remote start using my factory key on my S6 C7
Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Using vagcom or the Carista app you can enable the windows convenience open/close feature, then you can open all the windows/sunroof via the remote as you walk up to the car and let the hot air escape naturally.
I verified on my 2018 S6 that you can open all the windows and tilt the sunroof with the factory key. Press and hold the unlock button. I haven't been able to close them from the remote though. May not matter at this point since the OP wanted remote start. I wish it had it too.

Quick Reply: No remote start on S6?