S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

OEM Wheels Plus Replica Winter Wheel Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
Thanks, HiTEC. I've seen calculators to compare two tire sizes, but can you use it to help me understand the tire spec for 19x8.5 ET35 for our cars? I just don't get it. I'm sure when I see how you/someone else does, I'll say, duh! I should've known.
Tirerack recommends 255/40r19 or 245/40r19 for a C7 s6
Old 12-25-2015, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, so the original tires on 19s are 255/40R19, so are you saying this is the same tire you should put on the OEMplus wheels that have a different offset from the OEM wheels?
Old 12-25-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by schalliol
Yes, so the original tires on 19s are 255/40R19, so are you saying this is the same tire you should put on the OEMplus wheels that have a different offset from the OEM wheels?
Offset doesn't determine tire size. Offset is how far in or out from the center of the wheel the hub sits and determines how far in or out the wheel sits relative to the outer fender edge. A wheel with an offset of say 25 will sit farther out towards the outer fender edge than a wheel with an offset of 35 and even more so than a wheel with an offset of 45. I would go with the tire rack recommended sizes. I would personally use the 245 just to have a smaller footprint and more weight on each smaller contact patch. Just make sure that the tire load rating is correct for the S6's weight. Let tire rack be your guide for sizes and load rating.

Last edited by mjfloyd1; 12-25-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Any updates on these wheels? Are you still riding on them? How long did they last if not?
Old 05-28-2016, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered some I had mounted for this coming winter on Blizzaks but I just was ready for the Spring tires, so I won't use them the first time until this winter. There are others though here...
Old 05-30-2016, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
Has anyone tried the old front R8 wheels for all four corners?

R8 (Front) 19x8.5J ET42 (235/35)
8AU (Titanium)
Audi part number: 420 601 025 AT

These should fit, with a 255/40x19 tyre. The ET of 42 vs 45 is inconsequential, and in the right direction (out).

A fabulous wheel, assuming genuine OEM, and they are forged alloy, only 21lb. In a totally different class to what is being discussed in this thread, not just in quality, but they are also around $1000 - each.

Only concern would be whether they have a sufficient axle load rating for an S6, which is much heavier at any corner than the front of an R8, and the wheels are made specifically for the front of an R8. You could always ask the manufacturer - they are made by Fuchs for Audi. Fuchs also make most of the forged alloys for Porsche as well.

I have 4H0 601 025 AB Fuch's 20" polished forged alloys on my A7 (in summer).

http://www.fuchsfelge.de/fileadmin/u...elsForAudi.pdf
Old 05-31-2016, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by m444
Has anone tried the Hartmann HRS6-091-MA:M replica split 5 spoke wheel, size 19x8.5 ET38 on the C7 S6? The Hartmann notes do not say anything about placing the weights on the spokes, as it does on the Rotor wheels.

[/IMG]
These are #1 on my list of possible 19" winter wheels but I have not yet done much research. Does anyone have these? Do they clear the brake calipers on a MY16 S6? What is your impression on the quality of these Hartmann wheels? Do non-blemished wheels ever go on sale at achtuning? Any other info or tips?
Old 06-06-2016, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have a 2017 S6 on order, wondering the same thing as far as fitment over the S6 front calipers... Currently running a similar set of 5 spoke 19" Hartmanns on my S5, really like them. The replicas have a better fit and finish than most of the OE wheels from what I've experienced, quality is top notch. Don't believe they offer blemished seconds on their website, as they operate a full shop and most likely sell anything like that locally. Recommend giving them a call, they're very knowledgeable and can walk you through exactly what you'd need to get a perfect fitment... in addition to adding spacers, as they're on top of each vehicle model capabilities and what folks are running. They made an excellent recommendation on my S5, turned out perfect.

Just re-read the previous post regarding non-blemished wheels... don't believe they have online sales either, at least I've never seen one.

Last edited by B8aruba; 06-06-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HiTEC
For anyone else who is interested I purchased a slightly different style from the same web site in 19", and order winter tires from tire rack. OEMWheels said they could not confirm they would clear the brakes, but I told them I'd take the chance based on nobbyv's original post. I'd like to report that they clear, but just barely. The wheels weights just clear the calipers but like 1-2mm's. It's very close, but it does work.

These are the tires that got from Tire Rack (255/40R-19 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3). This size makes them the same rolling diameter as the stock 20's.

These are the wheels in gunmetal

BTW: I had the same problem with FedEx, so make sure you're home. I caught them on the 3rd and last delivery attempt.

HiTec, I'm thinking I'd like to get the same wheels for my winters, how are those working out? I figured I'd shop around for winter tires In June/July perhaps I'll score a great price. How are those SOTTOZERO 3's? Seems they are rated OK as far as winter tires go, but the ride quality/Quietness is rated High.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Audi in Europe are very specific that none of their OEM wheels which are polished, or have polished rim/spoke edges (such as the wheel used in the USA BO package, as per the Hartman knockoff version shown in this thread) are to be used in winter. Audi only recommends painted wheels (all Audi OEM painted wheels are triple coated) for winter. Salt used to de-ice roads will corrode polished wheels and reduce structural integrity.

Maybe they don't use salt in all / any states in the US?

Quick Reply: OEM Wheels Plus Replica Winter Wheel Review