S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Phone bluetooth pairing problems

Old 01-12-2016, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Absolutely reliable and clear

My 2013 S6 works perfectly with Samsung Note 3. Much better than newer cars of other brands. No drops, clear speech on both ends.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMclean
Wow! Seriously? Neither of you guys (i.e. MadAboutCars & BradAudi) have had any issues staying connected on a call that last more than 1 minute?

I'm running stock Android 6.0.1 with January security patches and i've had my Audi (2016 S6) updated to the latest firmware and I still can't maintain a phone call for more than 60 seconds.

I've even tried to reset the phone to factory settings thinking it was a config i changed or an app i installed.

I'd love to take this conversation to another thread to ask you guys a few questions if you'd be up for that (i just don't want to take this thread off-topic).

-jay
The only time i've dropped calls is due to weak signal. Plenty of calls over 60 seconds. Main phone is using Android 5.0. No firmware updates in the car.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but my car has the sim socket for audi connect, and the wifi hotspot.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HiTEC
I'm actually suprised to run into fellow Nexus owners, as we're a pretty small crowd.
I'm surprised to see another Priv owner here (John McLean) as that's an even smaller crowd.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MadAboutCars
The only time i've dropped calls is due to weak signal. Plenty of calls over 60 seconds. Main phone is using Android 5.0. No firmware updates in the car.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but my car has the sim socket for audi connect, and the wifi hotspot.
I have a 2016 (Canadian) S6 which means it doesn't come with the SIM slot (disappointingly). Next time I'm in the car, I'll grab the MMI software details so we can compare to see if maybe there's a difference.

If i wasn't such a lazy @$$, I'd reset the Nexus 6P to see if maybe that fixes things now that i have the Jan security patch but because I have over 200 apps installed, it would take about 3 hours do download all the apps again + i'd have to reconfigure them all - unfortunately, i'm not rooted (yet) so i can't restore setting using Titanium Backup.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 63MM
I'm surprised to see another Priv owner here (John McLean) as that's an even smaller crowd.
LOL! yeah, we're a small group for sure.

I *love* having the physical keyboard combined with the Android OS. I write most (if not all) of my emails on the Priv. I use the 6P for non-business type stuff (the Nexus has 128Gb of memory so i have lots of room to try out apps to see if they're worth keeping).
Old 01-16-2016, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I have a 6P and Ive never had any connectivity issues. Granted, Im running a custom ROM so maybe that helps.
Can i ask what custom ROM you're running? Also, what ROM manager and Custom Recovery (TWRP or CWM) are you using? I'd love to hear about your experience before choosing which one to go with now that i'm on Marshmallow.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ive been a Nexus owner exclusively since the Nexus One!

This brings up a good point. Is the OP being disconnected ONLY when on phone calls or when also streaming music? I am on Pandora all day long and never get disconnected either.
Sorry for the slow reply.

Good question. I can't actually remember if I tested whether streaming music (I use SPOTIFY) and listening to podcasts drop like calls do.

I make a lot of calls from the car to make the most of my time in the car which is why I'm so hyper-sensitive to call quality and reliability.

I'll test whether streaming drops and report back.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Can i ask what custom ROM you're running? Also, what ROM manager and Custom Recovery (TWRP or CWM) are you using? I'd love to hear about your experience before choosing which one to go with now that i'm on Marshmallow.
Im running chroma ROM(as I did on my Nexus 6) and Elemental X Kernel with TWRP recovery. Extremely stable and great battery life.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im running chroma ROM(as I did on my Nexus 6) and Elemental X Kernel with TWRP recovery. Extremely stable and great battery life.
Thanks! I've never used Chroma but I'm a big fan of TWRP.
How good is the Chroma team at releasing monthly security updates?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If i wasn't such a lazy @$$, I'd reset the Nexus 6P to see if maybe that fixes things now that i have the Jan security patch but because I have over 200 apps installed, it would take about 3 hours do download all the apps again + i'd have to reconfigure them all - unfortunately, i'm not rooted (yet) so i can't restore setting using Titanium Backup.
If you do reset you should try it in your car before installing all your 200 apps in case one of your apps is causing the problem. That is my suspicion since myself and others are not having problems with our 6P's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Phone bluetooth pairing problems