S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Phone bluetooth pairing problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HiTEC
If you do reset you should try it in your car before installing all your 200 apps in case one of your apps is causing the problem. That is my suspicion since myself and others are not having problems with our 6P's.
Yeah. That's what I'm thinking too.

What makes this so strange is that i have both a Pebble Time Steel and a Jawbone UP3 on and they never seem to lose their connection so I feel like there should be a way to narrow this problem down without having to do a full reset.

I might try deleting the cache (again) to re-run some of my tests more carefully.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMclean
Thanks! I've never used Chroma but I'm a big fan of TWRP.
How good is the Chroma team at releasing monthly security updates?
The guy who writes Chroma is always on top of everything and there are many responsive people in the thread. Its one of the most stable ROM's out there and biggest following. Check it out on XDA.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
The guy who writes Chroma is always on top of everything and there are many responsive people in the thread. Its one of the most stable ROM's out there and biggest following. Check it out on XDA.
Thanks! I'll check it out this afternoon.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Works great with my iPhone 6 Plus, but I've noticed that it takes awhile in the car for the Bluetooth to load up along with the NAV. Maybe 16s are different because they have more powerful computing ability. The C6 seemed much much faster at loading these services up upon re-start. A result of this is also that there's a longer lag in transferring from phone to car and vice versa if done at startup or door open after turning off. This means that I lose my callers for longer than I did on the C6.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So... I was totally able to stream music (Spotify via Bluetooth) for over 10 minutes using my Nexus 6P without any interruption.

Before I trust in the findings from this one test, I want to re-run this 3 or 4 more times to see if I keep getting the same results.

For lack of evidence to the contrary, it does seem that my issue with maintaining a reliable Bluetooth connection between my Nexus 6P and my 2016 S6 seems to be limited to calls only.

Side note: i looked at the Chroma ROM. It's looks amazing. I can't wait to get 4 hours by myself so that I can try flashing it and rebuilding my phone. Thanks for the reco!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

So... I was totally able to stream music (Spotify via Bluetooth) for over 10 minutes using my Nexus 6P without any interruption.

Before I trust in the findings from this one test, I want to re-run this 3 or 4 more times to see if I keep getting the same results.

For lack of evidence to the contrary, it does seem that my issue with maintaining a reliable Bluetooth connection between my Nexus 6P and my 2016 S6 seems to be limited to calls only.

Side note: i looked at the Chroma ROM. It's looks amazing. I can't wait to get 4 hours by myself so that I can try flashing it and rebuilding my phone. Thanks for the reco!
Well, thats a good start. At least you narrowed down one thing. Like you said, now you just have to try to replicate the scenario. I wonder if once you change to Chroma that might help your situation. There's a lot of support on the XDA forum so if you get stuck youll get help. You can always PM me if you need assistance. Im HyperM3 on that forum.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Well, thats a good start. At least you narrowed down one thing. Like you said, now you just have to try to replicate the scenario. I wonder if once you change to Chroma that might help your situation. There's a lot of support on the XDA forum so if you get stuck youll get help. You can always PM me if you need assistance. Im HyperM3 on that forum.
Thanks very much for all the feedback so far! Great meeting you btw. I really appreciate the offer to help.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow! Seriously? Neither of you guys (i.e. MadAboutCars & BradAudi) have had any issues staying connected on a call that last more than 1 minute?

I'm running stock Android 6.0.1 with January security patches and i've had my Audi (2016 S6) updated to the latest firmware and I still can't maintain a phone call for more than 60 seconds.

I've even tried to reset the phone to factory settings thinking it was a config i changed or an app i installed.

I'd love to take this conversation to another thread to ask you guys a few questions if you'd be up for that (i just don't want to take this thread off-topic).

-jay
Hi - no, I've never had a problem once I've established a bluetooth connection. The problem is limited to having to manually establish a bluetooth connection with my HTC Android phone, which is a pain.

As a bit of a workaround, I've installed an App called "Bluetooth File Transfer" which runs continuously listening for FTP traffic (and also forces a bluetooth connection). This has taken care of the problem. Given that no one else is having this issue, I'm starting to think that it's likely that the HTC phone (Android 5.0.1) is to blame.