S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Pic: 2016 Audi S6 With Carbon Ceramic Brakes at NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pic: 2016 Audi S6 With Carbon Ceramic Brakes at NAIAS

Hey guys,

I spent the day walking around the Detroit Auto Show for the press preview, and naturally was drawn to the Audi stand more than once. They had a facelifted S6 there, which I assume was a 2016 model (or perhaps a Europe 2015 model?), and looking at the wheels, noticed that the brakes looked different from mine. Upon closer inspection, I saw that they were carbon ceramic. Cool, huh? This car didn't have a sunroof, which I thought was a weird exclusion. The new taillamps and headlamps look good.

(Off topic for the S6 forum, but I was liking the new Q7 in the metal. I need to work on my wife to get one of those in a couple of years to replace her Sienna!)

Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sunroof? I can't imagine that quirk making it into production. Weird.

Sorry about your wife's Sienna.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by birdyA6
No sunroof? I can't imagine that quirk making it into production. Weird.

Sorry about your wife's Sienna.
I guess it must not be a standard feature everywhere in the world. Tomorrow should be quieter at the Audi stand, so I'll try to grab a few more shots of the rest of the car.

As for the Sienna, she loves the thing. She is not a car person - she likes my Audi but is afraid to drive it (mainly for what she'd hear from me if something happened to it). The only interesting cars I've ever heard her comment on are the Maserati Ghibli and Corvette Z06 convertible.

The Sienna is still too new to consider ditching - we got it in January 2013 to replace a 2008 that we bought new after the older van was hit by a tractor trailer. Other than a few minor bumps and scrapes, the 2008 Sienna did a great job protecting her and my youngest son from injury, but it was a total loss. The decision to buy her another was actually pretty easy. It is VERY convenient for family travel, though it gives zero driving pleasure.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I noticed a while back when I was ordering my new 2016 S6 that on the UK Audi site the Sunroof is an option. I don't see the ceramic brakes there though.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by neddy191
I noticed a while back when I was ordering my new 2016 S6 that on the UK Audi site the Sunroof is an option. I don't see the ceramic brakes there though.
They are also missing from the S8 configurator, I sent audi UK an email and asked why, they said they are indeed available but had been left off the site and they would look into correcting it.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sunroof

I have owned Audi A6 and S6 over the past 15 years - great cars. I have opened the sunroof less than 10 times in all those years - too noisy. I for one would not order a sunroof on any car.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Can't wait to see the Q7 in the aluminium.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by S6inNH
I have owned Audi A6 and S6 over the past 15 years - great cars. I have opened the sunroof less than 10 times in all those years - too noisy. I for one would not order a sunroof on any car.
I rarely open it on my cars either, but it has two great uses.

First, in the summer, tipping the glass up and cracking the rear windows before setting off will cool down the car very fast. Second, just having the glass there and the shade open makes the car much brighter and sometimes you just need a bit of extra daylight to get you moving in the morning.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
I rarely open it on my cars either, but it has two great uses.

First, in the summer, tipping the glass up and cracking the rear windows before setting off will cool down the car very fast. Second, just having the glass there and the shade open makes the car much brighter and sometimes you just need a bit of extra daylight to get you moving in the morning.
I prefer having a sunroof solely for the light. I rarely open mine, except when I'm driving slowly through town on a moderately-warm day. Highway driving is far too noisy, and I don't care to be cold or hot.

Here are more in-the-metal pics of the S6. Enjoy!

Old 01-14-2015, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Man, that's nice. Time to upgrade from my 2015 already!

Quick Reply: Pic: 2016 Audi S6 With Carbon Ceramic Brakes at NAIAS