S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Possible new owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible new owner!

Hello! So I've had an A6 on my mine for a while now and seems I may have found one. Its a 2013 A6 prestige with the sport package and about 19K miles on it. I'm curious if there are any specific things I should look out for? The car is certified by Audi so I'm not that worried. Its white with a black interior which I'm not 100% sold on yet, but its growing on me.

Looking forward to maybe being apart of you guys. Currently have a 12 TL awd advance.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratz on the new car! Low miles and warranty until 2017.

I didn't want white but everything else was good so we bought. The color has grown on me.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey so car was great but a couple issues.

first the car seemed to have idle issues. the gm looked at the car and agreed, theyre going to get back with me in the morning. while sitting in park or neutral, you could feel the car slightly shaking, but the tachometer wasn't moving.

second, the car is not certified. i was told it was at first but now its apparently not. they said this is because the 1st owner bought the car with 20inch rims but didn't like the ride, so they bought 18inch rims from audi. well, they said because its different than the original sticker, it can't be certified. while I guess i understand this, it does seem kinda like bs?

Any thoughts on either of us?
Old 04-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey good luck on finding the right one. Personally, especially on a car that can be found as a CPO, I'd walk. CPO tended to pay for itself on my TT and my current car. YMMV, but I'd gladly pay for the "peace of mind" factor.

And for the white with black interior... I also didn't care for it but I got a great deal on a '13 S4 so I pulled the trigger. It will actually grow on you. The only call-out that I might add, (at least for the Ibis White) it tends to hold onto dark "specks". If you are claying the car, you will notice these. But stand a couple of feet back, and you wouldn't look twice. It is tons easier than the darn Estoril Blue that I have now. Great color, but I look at this thing wrong and I get paint defects lol

Last edited by gee2dasahn; 04-21-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevrhof
hey so car was great but a couple issues.

first the car seemed to have idle issues. the gm looked at the car and agreed, theyre going to get back with me in the morning. while sitting in park or neutral, you could feel the car slightly shaking, but the tachometer wasn't moving.

second, the car is not certified. i was told it was at first but now its apparently not. they said this is because the 1st owner bought the car with 20inch rims but didn't like the ride, so they bought 18inch rims from audi. well, they said because its different than the original sticker, it can't be certified. while I guess i understand this, it does seem kinda like bs?

Any thoughts on either of us?
It's a CPO or it's not, period! As for the rims excuse, I'd call b******t! Idle issues....really? I think the dealer was hoping that the buyer won't even notice. Cars that show signs of problems on the lot tend to end up being problem children down the road. Sounds like a shady dealership. I'd go somewhere else. A6s are a dime in a dozen so you should be able to find one to your liking elsewhere.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 04-21-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you bought a CPO car, you should have all the appropriate paperwork. My S6 was a CPO and they went through everything. It HAS to have everything original on it. If not, they can replace it with OEM parts and certify it. I have an A8L coming, in which they'll certify, but even though the rims are original, the tires also have to be the exact same brand/type/model etc. My S6 had different tires, so they threw me a set of tires as part of the CPO. My A8L will probably need new tread, so they'll get that on there. It's a rigorous process, but you'd know if the CPO was there, you'd have paper work of all the inspections.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Another thought is to have them split the difference with you on new rims. Ask to keep the old ones... You'll have one set to throw winter tires on. Just a thought.