S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Powder Coated Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powder Coated Wheels

Well, I finally did it. I powder coated my stock S6 wheels and it just looks awesome! It looks way cooler than I thought. The pictures do not do justice. I'm going to black-out the chrome trim around the windows and the front grill soon. Tell me what you think!

I chose powder coating over dip, paint, etc. because I feel it's the best approach. I'm not worried about weakening the wheels or other things related. The people I used do this for all kinds of exotic cars. It cost $175/wheel out the door and it took about a day and a half.

Center caps:
Here is the deal. I chose to leave them stock as they add stock detail. The center caps make the wheels look OEM. That is the look I was looking for. I was originally going to have them darkened, but am glad I didn't. I think the center caps make the power coating legit for making it look factory. I didn't want to make it look over the top.
Attached Images     
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great man. Once you black out the window surrounds and grill, it will look even better. I recommend black or carbon fiber mirror covers to complete the storm trooper look.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche
Well, I finally did it. I powder coated my stock S6 wheels and it just looks awesome! It looks way cooler than I thought. The pictures do not do justice. I'm going to black-out the chrome trim around the windows and the front grill soon. Tell me what you think!

I chose powder coating over dip, paint, etc. because I feel it's the best approach. I'm not worried about weakening the wheels or other things related. The people I used do this for all kinds of exotic cars. It cost $175/wheel out the door and it took about a day and a half.

Center caps:
Here is the deal. I chose to leave them stock as they add stock detail. The center caps make the wheels look OEM. That is the look I was looking for. I was originally going to have them darkened, but am glad I didn't. I think the center caps make the power coating legit for making it look factory. I didn't want to make it look over the top.

Can I ask what color you selected? Was this high gloss black? Also did you find the coating easy to chip?

Car looks great!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche

Center caps:
Wheels look great; personally though, I would go with darkened center caps...the silver makes the wheels look incomplete and takes away from the look. If you're gonna black the wheels out, black them out completely, don't do it 80%. Just my opinion.
Z
Old 01-17-2015, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great start! I think blacked out looks best on white