S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Questions from an Audi newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions from an Audi newbie

Hi all, I am interested in purchasing an Audi A6, but wanted to confirm a couple of things before taking the plunge, so hopefully someone here can help me answer a few questions I may have:

1. Is there a big difference between front wheel drive and all-wheel drive?
2. Can the MMI system display other languages like Chinese or Korean when I connect my iphone to it via Bluetooth? I don’t need the menus to be in Chinese or Korean, I just want to know if they can display the song names and stuff in Chinese or Korean.

Much appreciated!
Thank you!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Andy Wu
Hi all, I am interested in purchasing an Audi A6, but wanted to confirm a couple of things before taking the plunge, so hopefully someone here can help me answer a few questions I may have:

1. Is there a big difference between front wheel drive and all-wheel drive?
2. Can the MMI system display other languages like Chinese or Korean when I connect my iphone to it via Bluetooth? I don’t need the menus to be in Chinese or Korean, I just want to know if they can display the song names and stuff in Chinese or Korean.

Much appreciated!
Thank you!
1) You won't find too many FWD A6s out there, and Audi is all about quattro AWD, so that's what most would suggest that you purchase. Also, some of the FWD A6s came with a CVT that proved quite unreliable, so stay FAR away from those...
2) No idea, sorry...
Old 09-14-2016, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
1) You won't find too many FWD A6s out there, and Audi is all about quattro AWD, so that's what most would suggest that you purchase. Also, some of the FWD A6s came with a CVT that proved quite unreliable, so stay FAR away from those...
2) No idea, sorry...
Thanks for the response man! Guess quattro AWD is what to go for then...

As for question #2... again, I just need to know if the system can display Chinese or Korean.. I don't need the entire system menu changed to a Chinese or Korean...
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:56 AM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

As for question #2... again, I just need to know if the system can display Chinese or Korean.. I don't need the entire system menu changed to a Chinese or Korean...
I can't speak for newer hardware versions of the C7 MMI, but I went out and did the experiment in my 2013 S6 which has been updated to the latest MMI firmware (0925).

At least on my US-spec car, Chinese & Korean character sets don't appear to be supported. Bummer!

Questions from an Audi newbie-efuoa6s.jpg
Old 09-14-2016, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hwj
I can't speak for newer hardware versions of the C7 MMI, but I went out and did the experiment in my 2013 S6 which has been updated to the latest MMI firmware (0925).

At least on my US-spec car, Chinese & Korean character sets don't appear to be supported. Bummer!

Oh wow, thanks for the reply and the images! But man, that's a huge bummer for me, because that's something that really bothered me with the cars I've been driving...... This is actually big enough for me to start re-evaluating getting an A6 altogether..... /___\
Old 09-14-2016, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh wow, thanks for the reply and the images! But man, that's a huge bummer for me, because that's something that really bothered me with the cars I've been driving...... This is actually big enough for me to start re-evaluating getting an A6 altogether..... /___\
Read this for another option that might give you what you're looking for...

Help: wires and adapters to mimic iPhone to screen
Old 09-14-2016, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

You should also post in the A6 (C7 Platform forum) as there are more users who will have the latest MMI version (I don't in my A7), in case this version can accommodate your needs.

You could also ask Audi/dealer/ take an SD card down to a dealership and try it in the car.

The new A4 (B9 platform) does what you want:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ystem-2905584/

As will the Q7.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Glisse
You should also post in the A6 (C7 Platform forum) as there are more users who will have the latest MMI version (I don't in my A7), in case this version can accommodate your needs.

You could also ask Audi/dealer/ take an SD card down to a dealership and try it in the car.

The new A4 (B9 platform) does what you want:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ystem-2905584/

As will the Q7.

Wow, I didn't even realized that I posted this in the WRONG message board.. thanks for the heads up! I will post again in A6 forum! ^^"
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-14-2016, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Alternatively, if you're planning to buy a brand new 2017, it should have Carplay/Android Auto so that way you can have it show just like it does on your phone. I know it's not exactly what you want, but a workaround possibly.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Read this for another option that might give you what you're looking for...

Help: wires and adapters to mimic iPhone to screen
Thanks for the info ZCD2, but this seems like such a hassle....
It’s year 2016 and going into 2017, why hasn’t Audi implemented multi-language display into their system yet?? This is quite mind-boggling….

Quick Reply: Questions from an Audi newbie