S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Radio Presets keep getting deleted

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Presets keep getting deleted

2016 S6 Black metallic Premium Plus with Tech package

Somebody tell me that they're having the same problem and that I'm not crazy. I set up my radio presets and with no rhyme or reason or pattern, one or two of them get deleted. I have reassigned my presets - either partially or completely - about a dozen times. The same thing happened with the HD radio. I kept turning it OFF and it would automatically revert back to ON.

I brought it to the dealership for another reason and had the salesman look at it and he "reset" the radio but this didn't help.

Any insight greatly appreciated....
Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kdog99

Somebody tell me that they're having the same problem and that I'm not crazy. I set up my radio presets and with no rhyme or reason or pattern, one or two of them get deleted. I have reassigned my presets - either partially or completely - about a dozen times. The same thing happened with the HD radio. I kept turning it OFF and it would automatically revert back to ON.

I brought it to the dealership for another reason and had the salesman look at it and he "reset" the radio but this didn't help.

Yes! Definitely have had that issue with presets. Presets drop off or even get moved to different positions. My theory is that an unintentional light touch on the number pad is registering as a "press and hold". There is definitely something going on that I have noticed too.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I experience this as well and find it very frustrating. I need to re-read the manual to see what I might be doing.

Chris JB

2016 S6 Prestige - Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Optic Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Old 05-09-2016, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by whistler13
... Presets drop off or even get moved to different positions. My theory is that an unintentional light touch on the number pad is registering as a "press and hold". .....
Not sure if 2014 differs from 2016, but noted same problem with disappearing and translocating pre-sets early on....also thought secondary to unintentional light touch, so since then have not used the touch pad, intentionally keep my hand away from the console and strictly use the steering wheel "wheel" to scroll through and select stations----have not had a problem since such time, except for one occasion when i accidentally dropped my guard, er hand, on the consul. Have thought about placing a plate of sorts over the touch pad, but will likely not get around to same. my two cents.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I noticed this early on and pointed it out to dealer, who was not helpful (the usual "could not replicate")

I gave up and never use the touchpad for presets. Only the scroll wheel.

May seem like a small bug but it renders a significant function useless.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

You could check to make sure you are using the same key fob? I believe the presets are one of the settings tied to the key in use.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks. Will do.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GolfGL
You could check to make sure you are using the same key fob? I believe the presets are one of the settings tied to the key in use.
Mine disappear (2013) and I always use the same key.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdog99

You're totally not crazy. Same thing has been happening to me on my 16' for last several months. Glad I'm not alone. And I'm definitely not causing it. I touch those keys very deliberately, and only tap them, so they shouldn't be causing them to change their presets. It's pretty annoying that AOA and service people at the dealerships won't acknowledge it and provide a fix. My guess is that AOA would need to provide a new software update to the entire MMI, and they don't want to have to pay for this. Again, very aggravating and shouldn't be happening on a $60k car, at least not without them taking full responsibility and providing a quick fix! If anyone has any ideas, leading effectively to change, I'd love to hear about it! And yes, when you can't duplicate an issue on the spot for the (dealership's) mechanic, they tend to tell you that there's nothing they can do about it unless they see it for themselves..