S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 build questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARealtor
why doesnt audi do a ventilated sport seat?

They don't offer ventilation in the S6 sport seats but they do in the S8.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't be afraid to negotiate either. Invoice is several thousand below MSRP and you shouldn't have much trouble getting an S6 for around invoice (especially a 2016).

I would opt for the Prestige in your scenario.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by xbrowne
Don't be afraid to negotiate either. Invoice is several thousand below MSRP and you shouldn't have much trouble getting an S6 for around invoice (especially a 2016).

I would opt for the Prestige in your scenario.
agreed! I would shoot to get a 6% discount. I got the Audi club discount (6%) on an S7 3 weeks ago and I wasn't even eligible for the discount yet because I just signed up for Audi Club. I do think you will get a better deal if you can find a car local to you that is on the lot, but I live in Southern California and that is a lot easier then other places, so that may not be a viable option.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
agreed! I would shoot to get a 6% discount. I got the Audi club discount (6%) on an S7 3 weeks ago and I wasn't even eligible for the discount yet because I just signed up for Audi Club. I do think you will get a better deal if you can find a car local to you that is on the lot, but I live in Southern California and that is a lot easier then other places, so that may not be a viable option.
The Audi Club discount sounds very intriguing. Is there a list somewhere of participating dealers that I can see before I join? Is this something most people here have used? What are your experiences???

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dlitton@yahoo.com
The Audi Club discount sounds very intriguing. Is there a list somewhere of participating dealers that I can see before I join? Is this something most people here have used? What are your experiences???

Thanks!
Back in November when I factory ordered my MY16 S6 I asked for 6% supplier discount (now discontinued) plus 3.5% for a total of 9.5% and got it at a brand new dealership in central NJ. They actually never asked me for proof of employment so I don't know if they applied the supplier rebate or just wiggled it somehow else. On top of that I received a $1000 loyalty rebate since I also have a MY15 Q7. They lowballed me on my trade-in by $1000 but made it up partially by throwing in wheel locks, rubber floor mats and cargo mat. Overall I think I got a pretty good deal. With several dealerships in the central NJ area the negotiating power is a lot better than in other areas. Also, there are quite a few S6s in NJ so it is not as rare as in other areas. Actually, I saw a slideshow on msn.com a while back stating that the S6 was the unofficial state car of NJ selling much more here compared to the national average.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by dlitton@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Membership Benefits | Audi Club of North America

"Purchase your next Audi at 6% below MSRP once you've been a member for 6 months. "

Member Loyalty Program | Audi Club of North America

Audi Supplier Program
Old 04-16-2016, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll soon be coming to the end of a lease on my third A6 and might pull the trigger on an S6 that I would order this summer. I think the best way to option it "economically" is to go premium plus. The main things you lose are the led headlights and HUD. If those are must have for you then go prestige. My dealer has a nice selection of S6's right now in both prestige and premium plus with various options. Comparing them side by side there's very little difference when they are both dressed with black optics package. It's the stock 19 inch wheels that really kill the look of the car imo. To me the Black optic or 20 inch wheels are the only must have options. Everything else is personal preference.

Last edited by Silent Drone; 04-16-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My thoughts:
I had mine pretty well loaded.
-LED, driver assistance, cold weather, prestige, but didn't have the comfort seats. My wife didn't like the diamond stitched seats, they were harsher and not as comfortable.

The Black optic package is key. I Love the 360 cameras too.

The sport diff is a must. Don't bother buying an S6 without it.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like everything about the Prestige Pkg. except for the HUD, mainly because of the big bulky unit on the dash. The HUD is a cool feature but that bulky thing has to go, IMO. All personal taste, I know. The only thing I miss about not having the Prestige Pkg. are the LED interior lights.
For me, these were the musts: LED headlight, Sports Pkg, Black Optics Pkg, Driver's Assist Pkg (for resale but I could really care less for it though I do like the 360 camera), Graphite Inlays.
I love the standard sport seats and the flat bottom steering wheel. I miss not having cooled seats but the diamond stitched seats are worth a little sweat! The stock stereo sounds better than the Bose IMO (I had the Bose on my A6) and the B&O is waaaaay over priced and lacks the solid bass. At $4,900, the bass better be thumping! I guess it's suited for the high class folks who enjoy classical music. Definitely ain't me, ya'll hear?!?! For a fraction of the price of the B&O, you can get a kick a$$ audio system in the after market world. If you live in the colder part of this God's green earth, I'd consider the Cold Weather Pkg.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the tech package with cruise control etc. is must have.

I have the comfort seats and like them a lot - but if I had to watch a budget and had to take off one thing I would probably have just gone with the regular diamond stitch seats.

Also Carbon Atlas interior black headliner always the way to go.

Note: Audi Club discount - if you get the lifetime membership there is no 6 month wait on the car discount.

Quick Reply: S6 build questions