S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Might be a good idea to take your own pics of the interior before dropping it off for any major surgery. Completely unacceptable outcome and I hope they repair or replace, as necessary.

Theres no way to reasonably "take pictures of my interior" before I drop it off for service. These pictures I took actually were difficult in some cases to take I had to try refocusing the pics several times, etc. Also the Carbon fiber damage you can't really see, I only linked 1 picture, you have to hold that at the right angle to see the scratches.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Completely unacceptable! The dealership must repair/replace parts of the car that were damaged by them-no questions asked. Turn the tables and say that you did this sort of damage to a loaner vehicle and the dealership found out; what do you think will happen?
We are fortunate to have many Audi dealerships where we live and competition is pretty stiff around here. I remember picking up my car and the service advisor apologized for some water spots on my car after they've washed it. He made them rewash my car and even detailed it for me at no cost.

luv2sleep, my man, how are ya!

I feel like a 2nd class citizen at my Audi dealership (service Dept.) And theres a good amount of Competition in this Area (Boston Area) One of the reasons my repair took 3 weeks is I let them "do their thing" for 2 weeks before I finally called and asked what was going on (They NEVER CALL me, I always have to call them) These things always happen to me on Fridays I swear. I should go into Politics, where releasing bombshells always happen on a Friday.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

STAY AWAY from Audi Natick. Worse service department experience I've had to date. Paperwork is never filed properly, always takes multiple visits to get a proper solution, and they withheld information/refused to call back my home dealer with information regarding my 4000 rpm issue. The carbon fiber issue can be fixed with an interior detailing (ceramic pro interior was what I had done). In regards to Audi making you feel like a 2nd class citizen I agree. My father has an S63 AMG and Mercedes updates him on every little detail and walks him through what they are doing, the route they will go next if their plan goes wrong, and the time table. My S6 has been in the shop for 2 weeks now with a 4000 rpm issue that has occurred for the 4th time. They replaced all the cam sensors and the cam actuators but I have to call them to get an update. If I did not call them I wouldn't have known that they broke the "special tool" for torquing the sensors/actuator into place. Even when I do call I get a BS response and time table for when I'll get my car back. I was promised "Friday afternoon, Saturday at the latest." Now it is "hopefully" for Monday. It is all due to the culture and process Audi service has created due to the warranty money they have lost in the past (along with the whole VW scandal).

Last edited by AntonioS6; 10-09-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
luv2sleep, my man, how are ya!

I feel like a 2nd class citizen at my Audi dealership (service Dept.) And theres a good amount of Competition in this Area (Boston Area) One of the reasons my repair took 3 weeks is I let them "do their thing" for 2 weeks before I finally called and asked what was going on (They NEVER CALL me, I always have to call them) These things always happen to me on Fridays I swear. I should go into Politics, where releasing bombshells always happen on a Friday.
Originally Posted by AntonioS6
STAY AWAY from Audi Natick. Worse service department experience I've had to date. Paperwork is never filed properly, always takes multiple visits to get a proper solution, and they withheld information/refused to call back my home dealer with information regarding my 4000 rpm issue. The carbon fiber issue can be fixed with an interior detailing (ceramic pro interior was what I had done). In regards to Audi making you feel like a 2nd class citizen I agree. My father has an S63 AMG and Mercedes updates him on every little detail and walks him through what they are doing, the route they will go next if their plan goes wrong, and the time table. My S6 has been in the shop for 2 weeks now with a 4000 rpm issue that has occurred for the 4th time. They replaced all the cam sensors and the cam actuators but I have to call them to get an update. If I did not call them I wouldn't have known that they broke the "special tool" for torquing the sensors/actuator into place. Even when I do call I get a BS response and time table for when I'll get my car back. I was promised "Friday afternoon, Saturday at the latest." Now it is "hopefully" for Monday. It is all due to the culture and process Audi service has created due to the warranty money they have lost in the past (along with the whole VW scandal).
I have to agree about the overall low morale of Audi employees. I sense this tension also when I visit a Audi dealership. It's hard to explain but everyone seems to be on their toes. It can't be a good working environment, that's for sure! Audi has also become "warranty *****", using the threat of TD1 code as a intimidation tactic. I love my S6 but I feel that this will be my last Audi unless they chill the f-out with their TD1 scare tactics. No other auto manufacturer is so uptight as Audi; they're completely mod-unfriendly! They're doing an excellent job of driving away their customers. They have ways to go in regards to breaking away from their "VW" mindset.
I'm not a Mercedes fan though we've always had a MB in our garage (my wife likes MBs) but they know how to treat their customers right. Customers are treated like gold and they don't give you $hit about what I do to MY car! Same goes for Lexus.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 10-09-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I can say that my Audi dealership experience is completely different from those described above. I get great service, if they run into any problems they call me right away and explain what is going on. I always get a car to drive when they have mine. My car is returned washed and vacuumed. Never have I had a problem with service at this Porsche/Audi store with 3 911s or 4 Audis.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well I heard back from the Dealer today...
I am to drop off the car Next Monday morning (they are going to give me a loaner). The GM and the SD, along wroth the Tech want to do an "Investigation".
...I'm already thinking I know how this is gonna play out. At this point I don't want any BS, but I don't want to escalate the issue until my hand is forced (If it even comes to that). At the same time I feel like If I'm not a douchebag they'll try to roll that "investigation" on me. I gotta give them a chance to at least look at it, that is fair after all.
Attached Thumbnails S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)-20161010_120440.jpg   S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)-20161010_121219.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Not good enough.

Replacement of the damaged parts is the only appropriate resolution.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alister
Not good enough.

Replacement of the damaged parts is the only appropriate resolution.

And I assume you mean at no charge to me?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh! What a nightmare! Completely unacceptable on their part. The car is given to them in one condition; it should come back in the same or better. End of story. They need to replace every damaged part, at no cost to you, and should probably give you a free next service visit or something like that.

You are not being unreasonable at all in pushing back on this. I would absolutely do the same thing. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
And I assume you mean at no charge to me?
Absolutely at no cost to you!!!

You shouldn't have to wear the cost of the dealerships use of third rate technicians. That is appalling IMO.

Quick Reply: S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)