S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** happens and things go wrong.
I get that.
But that is not the consumer's issue. If they broke it, its up to them to fix it.

Simple.

If you go to the DR for an eye exam and they scar your arm, they get sued and its a much bigger issue.

I dont sense you are after anything other than your car back to the away it was when you dropped it off. They should fix it, apologise and move on.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

UPDATE: Case Closed. (Fixed)

I Picked up the Car on Wednesday night, and this time in the morning, everything is replaced, *****, panels, etc. The only minor issue is a slight set of scratches on the carbon fiber Inlays on the center console. Which I can live with, they are tough to see.
I never did get an apology, or any sort call or conversation that they were sorry, and they would 100% fix it etc. It was just a strange experience of silence, and no communication. The assistant Service manager was really cool when I picked up, he basically said we fixed everything, and "if this was my car I'd want everything perfect too, it's a beautiful car" So I was glad he was not resentful, or whatever, as I have no clue how they feel about the situation.

So Thanks to everyone who commented, I appreciate the backing, it gave me confidence I was not being an **** customer.

So I'm happy, and I'm not sure what to do with future service, I'm not sure if it's worth complaining at this point to try and trigger some change in that service department or not, it's probably not worth my time and effort, and then I'll defiantly be "That guy". I've been wanting to bring the car to them because I want a relationship where I have loyalty to them, and they have it with me.

...But at this point I'm just happy the nightmare is over.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They dealt with it and probably deserve your custom in the future. At the very least, you'll know that they'll treat the interior with kid gloves (you know that someone caught hell for what they did to your car). Congrats!
Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I read through the entire thread and I saw some hand wringing and consternation in many of the posts. The OP had some service dept. damage issues, contacted the dealer and in the end it was resolved to his satisfaction without need to escalate or take other action. Bottom line is, unfortunately, these things will sometimes happen and in my experience (been there, done that), most dealers will make it right given a chance. It can be frustrating, especially when call backs or communication are slow, but in the end with patience and reasonable discourse, resolution can be achieved without the need for too much angst or heat.

Some service depts. do a better job of making the customer feel important than others but like any business, they see hundreds of customers every week and work on dozens of cars every day. My approach over the years with my Audi service departments has been to cultivate a good, personal relationship with not only the SAs but with the service manager and if possible, the senior tech and shop manager. This has paid off in dividends many, many times over.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I read through the entire thread and I saw some hand wringing and consternation in many of the posts. The OP had some service dept. damage issues, contacted the dealer and in the end it was resolved to his satisfaction without need to escalate or take other action. Bottom line is, unfortunately, these things will sometimes happen and in my experience (been there, done that), most dealers will make it right given a chance. It can be frustrating, especially when call backs or communication are slow, but in the end with patience and reasonable discourse, resolution can be achieved without the need for too much angst or heat.

Some service depts. do a better job of making the customer feel important than others but like any business, they see hundreds of customers every week and work on dozens of cars every day. My approach over the years with my Audi service departments has been to cultivate a good, personal relationship with not only the SAs but with the service manager and if possible, the senior tech and shop manager. This has paid off in dividends many, many times over.

Thanks snagitseven, I did want to give them a chance to fix the issue, and I'm glad I didn't have to get douche-mode.

I do want to cultivate a good relationship with my Audi service dept but I've had issues every time I walk in and and I can't build off of anything positive yet.
I had issues with the delivery; SIM card lost for Audi connect, Airbag light on, damage to the interior, etc. and when I returned to the service dept, they were like resentful of their own sales dept, but let the feelings spill over to me. The 2 oil changes I got, the tires were not rotated. One time they didn't wash my car. When I call to make an Apt for an oil change, I'm quoted like 4 or 5 days out, I express I need it a little sooner, but they say sorry nothing available. Then I just go online and schedule an appointment with the online feature, next morning at 7AM. lol. I left my car at the dealership for 2 weeks. (I said I won't bother them) finally after 2 weeks I call, to see what's going on. They answer the phone with "Are you scheduling service or checking on the status of your vehicle", like its baked into their verbiage. I have to call and check on the status of my vehicle like it's my responsibility to keep myself informed, as to the status. No one smiles, no one communicates, I'm just disappointed, and I don't feel like I receive the type of service I should, I'm not sure it's even merely satisfactory.

I don't know man, like I guess my standards are ridiculously high.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Which dealer in Boston are you using?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Natick
Old 10-22-2016, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Audi Natick
If you can make the drive, I think you would be much happier with Audi Westwood. Call and introduce yourself to Aaron Anger, the Service Mgr. Explain your situation with your current dealer and that Westwood was recommended by Glenn Rogers. He will take care of you next visit. Also, try and make your appt. with Mike Costello, the best SA on staff. Mike is a good guy as well and also knows me well. Be sure to stop in and chat with Aaron when you go in. BTW, loaners are always available when you book an appt.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Omg snagitseven, Thanks! Yea I live south of Boston, So Westwood is actually closer to me. They didn't have any S6's when I was buying back in Dec 15' but they had 2 S8's. Right now Audi in Westwood has a sweet S7 I was looking at.
If you don't mind I may take you up on the offer, I need a place I have confidence in. That dealership is significantly smaller than Natick as I recall
Old 10-22-2016, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They are moving the Audi dealership into a huge, new Prime Motor Group facility right across Route 1 adjacent to their sister brands, Mercedes, Porsche and Acura.

Quick Reply: S6 Damaged at the Dealership (In for warranty work)