S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 Drivers: Disc Italia or EBC redstuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default S6 Drivers: Disc Italia or EBC redstuff?

Getting my 400mm/356mm Brembos fitted and trying to find pads. No tracking just spirited sprints now & then.
TIA
Old 11-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A6sport
Getting my 400mm/356mm Brembos fitted and trying to find pads. No tracking just spirited sprints now & then.
TIA

Depends on how spirited your driving is? I've had EBC redstuff pads on numerous cars: Audi A6 3.0T and a 2007 Corvette. They work OK for everyday driving, but on the Vette I switched to yellow stuff because even on the street the pads would start to leave their temp operating range and lose effectiveness. I suspect that could become an issue on an S6 as well. EBC is a really good company. When I approached them with my results they GAVE me the yellow stuff pads for free in exchange for the red stuff pads. The yellow stuff pads worked great and really didn't make much noise at all. They were actually pretty quiet 99.9% of the time and even when they did make the occasional squeak it was pretty quiet. the didn't dust any more than expected for a high performance pad, they worked well enough even when cold first thing in the morning, and the stopping power was great.

Disc Italia I don't know much about, sorry.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had EBC redstuff on my M3 and loved them. I am running Disk Italia ceramic on my 2013 S6 now. No real way to compare the two though... a 95 M3 has brakes like nothing else on the road. I can say I'm very happy with the Disk Italia as an OEM replacement, tight pedal, minimal dust and they never fade; but I have never tracked my S6 and my spirited driving excursions are of pretty short duration.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just ordered the Disk Italia brakes for my 2013 S6. They come in Friday and hopefully my mechanic can put them on before the weekend.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I replaced my rotors and pads about a month ago and went with Adams Rotors and Disc Italias Titanium Kevlar. I couldn't be happier with the setup...at least as good or better than oem braking, no dust, whisper quiet, good pedal feel and quick stopping. Girlfriend likes that last one cause she doesn't slow down before she stops. Haven't had them to the track or roll racing yet so can't speak to that but for everyday driving works well.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mires
I replaced my rotors and pads about a month ago and went with Adams Rotors and Disc Italias Titanium Kevlar. I couldn't be happier with the setup...at least as good or better than oem braking, no dust, whisper quiet, good pedal feel and quick stopping. Girlfriend likes that last one cause she doesn't slow down before she stops. Haven't had them to the track or roll racing yet so can't speak to that but for everyday driving works well.
Forgot to mention I have a 2013 S6...couldn't find where to list that in my profile.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May I know where you ordered the rotors and pads from? Any clear advantage of the rotors over OEM? Cost? Are they exactly the same size?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DD1546
May I know where you ordered the rotors and pads from? Any clear advantage of the rotors over OEM? Cost? Are they exactly the same size?
I never checked if they are the same size rotors. I ordered the rotors from Adams Rotors and the pads from brakeworld.com. However not sure I would buy again from brakeworld.com because one set of rear pads had a different pad thickness. Was kinda funny in that one side had about 1/3 less pad thickness but was clearly new. They shipped me a new set no charge for the pads but charged me something like $50 for shipping. I got those rotors because I like the styling with the slots and dimples. From what I understand another advantage is that the slots allow for extra cooling. Other than that I don't know of any other advantages.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Getting these installed on Thursday finally. These things look awesome!
Attached Thumbnails S6 Drivers: Disc Italia or EBC redstuff?-img_7331.jpg   S6 Drivers: Disc Italia or EBC redstuff?-img_7332.jpg  
Old 07-11-2017, 12:44 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by semperfi91
Getting these installed on Thursday finally. These things look awesome!
Are they left and right directional, or single direction like stock. (i.e. one spins backwards.)
I guess my question is are they just drilled stock rotors or are they separately manufactured?

Quick Reply: S6 Drivers: Disc Italia or EBC redstuff?