S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 lowered with links and rims installed

Old 01-12-2014, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SierraBravo
My question was not about the dealers willingness to do it. The question is: How is it done?

From other threads my impression was that it had to be done by one of Audi's computers, in one of their service depts. Not Vag-Com.
It has been done through Vag-com. There are a very few number of people with the security codes and they do not care to share it. Therefore not just anyone with VCDS can do it.

A dealer can lower it with their Audi computer by adding to the heights already programmed in each corner up to 17mm.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by M5>S6
It has been done through Vag-com. There are a very few number of people with the security codes and they do not care to share it. Therefore not just anyone with VCDS can do it.

A dealer can lower it with their Audi computer by adding to the heights already programmed in each corner up to 17mm.
This is not true. Its not possible to do with VagCom. You want the code: 20103. There, now dont go blaming me if you mess anything up.

It has to be done by the computer in the service dept. Many dealerships will not do this(including mine) because of repercussions of it being lowered out of factory spec. Others have had much luck with theirs being willing to do it. YMMV obviously.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

HyperS4 - Thank you for confirming my thoughts about this.

It looks like I may order up those links and install them after the 5,000 mile service on my S6.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by SierraBravo
HyperS4 - Thank you for confirming my thoughts about this.

It looks like I may order up those links and install them after the 5,000 mile service on my S6.
Yup, I think Im going to do the links as well. This way it wont trigger any issues while the car is at service either.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just received my links today after ordering and paying on Thurs. Super fast shipping!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
This is not true. Its not possible to do with VagCom. You want the code: 20103. There, now dont go blaming me if you mess anything up.

It has to be done by the computer in the service dept. Many dealerships will not do this(including mine) because of repercussions of it being lowered out of factory spec. Others have had much luck with theirs being willing to do it. YMMV obviously.
Tagmotor sports has said they have done it through Vagcom. There are also some other individuals who said they had it done through Vag. You can call them liars if you want. Here is Tag's claim.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...AG-Motorsports
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my 2 cents. I previously had a Porsche Cayenne S with air suspension. I debated both links and dealer software drop. Many guys on the 6speedonline forum bought the links to drop the suspension. After installing them many take them off and claim a harsh ride. I opted for the dealer setting the parameters of the drop. Another issue is warranty. I was warned to not let my dealer see the links if I went in for warranty service. Any suspension issues and they would quickly blame it on the links. Just a head's up, links have been around for a while and many people claim you get what you pay for. Again, I've never used them, but I did consider them. I'm just playing a devil's advocate here for the purpose of education.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S6Express
Just my 2 cents. I previously had a Porsche Cayenne S with air suspension. I debated both links and dealer software drop. Many guys on the 6speedonline forum bought the links to drop the suspension. After installing them many take them off and claim a harsh ride. I opted for the dealer setting the parameters of the drop. Another issue is warranty. I was warned to not let my dealer see the links if I went in for warranty service. Any suspension issues and they would quickly blame it on the links. Just a head's up, links have been around for a while and many people claim you get what you pay for. Again, I've never used them, but I did consider them. I'm just playing a devil's advocate here for the purpose of education.
any method you choose, module, links or dealer cpu, any oem air suspension equipped car will start to ride choppy and like crap if you lower it too much. cayennes will start to ride like crap if you lower it to look like a car with no gap/loading level height and drive like that. from normal height to loading level height is a change of like 5", even if you lowered by module and set it at that height your outcome will be the exact same. and yes, I have a 958 CS also, so I know from first hand experience.

Last edited by mikec7s6; 01-13-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was considering lowering mine but I think it is low enough for me in the Dynamic setting. I have a rain gutter outside of my garage that I have to slow way down to clear so any lower and I will scrape every time. I also don't want to take a hit on ride quality.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Tagmotor sports has said they have done it through Vagcom. There are also some other individuals who said they had it done through Vag. You can call them liars if you want. Here is Tag's claim.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...AG-Motorsports
lying forsure, if done thru vaq or audi computer, the limits suppose to be 17mm, that's tucking tire and forsure lowered much more than 17mm. they prob linked it and didn't want to say as this was before the lowering module was even available.

and to malibucane, u could always hit the auto or raise button when u get home to raise the vehicle up and give you a little more clearance, if that's the only reason that's stopping you from lowering.

Last edited by mikec7s6; 01-13-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S6 lowered with links and rims installed