S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 Turbocharger Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
It would be great if you could post the TSB#. Also, what production is affected? (if you know)

Thanks
TSB#2036167/1

The Audi Service supervisor told me they do not have a particular VIN range from Audi, only the TSB at this time.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

mine just had the same problem, im picking up the car later today. my service guy said would have cost $1200 out of pocket if there was no warranty. I have a year left on my lease and like the car, but don't trust keeping it out of warranty. not to mention, the fuel line problem left me stranded in san diego, im definitely going to return the s6 and try something new when the time comes.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SierraBravo
Car was ready yesterday. Picked it up today after having some other work done. Took less than 4 working days to fix. Can't complain about that. If anyone wants the TSB# I can post it.
Hi - quick question for you. Did you smell anything before you saw the leak? I don't yet see a leak but have started smelling the slightest tinge of coolant when I pull the car hot into the garage. If I open the hood, I don't smell anything, and I don't see anything (nor are there any puddles on the garage floor).
Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 69Firebird400
Hi - quick question for you. Did you smell anything before you saw the leak? I don't yet see a leak but have started smelling the slightest tinge of coolant when I pull the car hot into the garage. If I open the hood, I don't smell anything, and I don't see anything (nor are there any puddles on the garage floor).
Get a flashlight and look down onto the top of the engine below the turbocharger cooling lines. You have to lean in to get a good view. If you see black stuff down there take it to the service dept.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Get a flashlight and look down onto the top of the engine below the turbocharger cooling lines. You have to lean in to get a good view. If you see black stuff down there take it to the service dept.
Now that the car is cooler and I won't burn my face off when removing the heat shield, I clearly saw the leakage at the coolant lines. Hoping I can get it addressed ASAP before I'm out of town for a week starting Friday night.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now that the car is cooler and I won't burn my face off when removing the heat shield, I clearly saw the leakage at the coolant lines. Hoping I can get it addressed ASAP before I'm out of town for a week starting Friday night.

Yes you have a leak. Call Audi in the morning. Get them on it ASAP. Problem is the parts took a few days to arrive. Good Luck.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default again

I smell coolant again. After the last repair (the second repair) the car had a full coolant chamber. I'm down to less than the lowest indicator on the tank with a hot or cold engine. I guess I'll take it in again.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Repair? Audi put out a TSB last June to completely replace the lines and seals. Tell them you know about the TSB and they should have done the job correctly the first time.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I sent the photo above to my service advisor and he showed it to the 4.0T expert on staff and they were able to confirm a turbo coolant leak and order the parts. I have an appointment for two days after I get back to town, and they'll need the car for two days. He said it's OK to drive in the meantime as long as I don't let the coolant get low, but I checked last night and it still looks full.
Originally Posted by jjmhood1
I smell coolant again. After the last repair (the second repair) the car had a full coolant chamber. I'm down to less than the lowest indicator on the tank with a hot or cold engine. I guess I'll take it in again.
That would seriously **** me off.
Repair? Audi put out a TSB last June to completely replace the lines and seals. Tell them you know about the TSB and they should have done the job correctly the first time.
This is more like it. We have the TSB number and I will not be satisfied unless a permanent repair is made. I also expect that the parts with corrosion on the outside (only on the side with the leak) will be replaced so I don't have problems down the road.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I sent the photo above to my service advisor and he showed it to the 4.0T expert on staff and they were able to confirm a turbo coolant leak and order the parts. I have an appointment for two days after I get back to town, and they'll need the car for two days. He said it's OK to drive in the meantime as long as I don't let the coolant get low, but I checked last night and it still looks full.

That would seriously **** me off.

This is more like it. We have the TSB number and I will not be satisfied unless a permanent repair is made. I also expect that the parts with corrosion on the outside (only on the side with the leak) will be replaced so I don't have problems down the road.
Good for you. We didn't pay top dollar for these cars to be subjected to half-assed service departments. At least my dealer performed this job right but I'm unhappy about other things and plan to write a letter. Reading about what the other poster experienced hasn't changed my opinion about their service.

Quick Reply: S6 Turbocharger Oil Leak