S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Silverback is Coming...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverback is Coming...

You guys have been a tremendous resource and help in my research to buy another awesome V8. I first learned about ACNA, Audi Care etc. from this forum & those details / knowledge certainly helped me in the decision making.

Placed the order for a 2016 Audi S6 today:

Prestige Package
Tornado Gray Metallic
Black Sport Seats
Carbon Atlas Inlay
20" S Design Wheels
Driver Assistance Package
S6 Sports Package
Black Cloth Headliner

Special thanks to @cbl1, neddy191, @jasonlitka, @69firebird400. Your pictures, video & direct responses were on point. For example, the minute I saw the flat bottom steering wheel, I knew 'cold weather package' was not for me. I will have to invest in a nice pair of warm gloves in the winter. A small price to pay to maintain the aesthetics.

The beautiful part about this whole thing is that I spent less than 10 mins at the dealership. All of the information I gleaned in this forum is to thank for that. I knew what I did not want & negotiated the best price using ACNA Discount & Acquisition. The Audi Care was simply too good of a price point to pass, so got that too.

I am thinking the car would be ready by August. Will certainly post some pictures & share my thoughts when I get there.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on your order. Its a fun car, you'll love it. My wife needed a new "kid toter" and after a lot looking and test drives she decided on a GMC Acadia. We went to the dealership today to place a factory order for it - the process took nearly 2 hours. Her new car should be delivered about the same week as my "replacement" car which was ordered back in Feb. I'm not jealous of that at all....
Old 04-25-2015, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats on the order.

August isn't too far off but it will feel like an absolute eternity. Do yourself a favor and stop asking for updates after production starts. The constant delays everyone else has experienced are soul-crushing.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats...the only suggestion I would have is to compare the seats...comfort vs sport and make you like the sports seats better. The diamond stitching is gorgeous, but the comfort seats are so, well, comfortable.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the shout-out, my forum friend. Your new car sounds like it will be "epic" (as my nine year old often says.) I was without my S6 for a week while my family and I were at Disney, and when I got home this evening, I took it out for a five mile solo ride. I pulled into the garage and the brakes smelled hot and the engine fan ran like crazy for 10 minutes after shutting off the car, so I knew I did a good job of getting the itch out of my system. ;-)

The point - you will LOVE this car.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks bud. So looking forward to it. Two new cars in the household at the same time. Sounds like a winning decision to me. Well played

Good luck with both.

Originally Posted by neddy191
Congrats on your order. Its a fun car, you'll love it. My wife needed a new "kid toter" and after a lot looking and test drives she decided on a GMC Acadia. We went to the dealership today to place a factory order for it - the process took nearly 2 hours. Her new car should be delivered about the same week as my "replacement" car which was ordered back in Feb. I'm not jealous of that at all....
Old 04-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know exactly what you are talking about. My current lease doesn't expire till Sept. I prefer not to have two car payments for more than a month. So timing wise, I think it is going to work out just fine. Excited to go back to a V8. Had a CLS 550 from 2007-2012. Loved every bit of it. I can only imagine how awesome an S6 would be.

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Congrats on the order.

August isn't too far off but it will feel like an absolute eternity. Do yourself a favor and stop asking for updates after production starts. The constant delays everyone else has experienced are soul-crushing.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Point well taken. I test drove a '15 S7 recently. It had the sport seats with diamond stitching. Gorgeous! My thought is that w/ an air suspension car, I would be good w/ the Sports Seats. That being said, I am sure the comfort seats are very comfortable..pun intended :-)

Originally Posted by Parkles
Congrats...the only suggestion I would have is to compare the seats...comfort vs sport and make you like the sports seats better. The diamond stitching is gorgeous, but the comfort seats are so, well, comfortable.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The lil' guy is right. Your 5 mile ride truly sounds EPIC! I have always felt great getting back into my car after driving some awful rental car during vacation, business trips etc. I can only imagine what that would be like if the car you are getting back into is an S6. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by 69Firebird400
Thanks for the shout-out, my forum friend. Your new car sounds like it will be "epic" (as my nine year old often says.) I was without my S6 for a week while my family and I were at Disney, and when I got home this evening, I took it out for a five mile solo ride. I pulled into the garage and the brakes smelled hot and the engine fan ran like crazy for 10 minutes after shutting off the car, so I knew I did a good job of getting the itch out of my system. ;-)

The point - you will LOVE this car.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C7 - congratulations on the car order. Now for the waiting with the rest of us.

I went back and forth several times on the steering wheel and finally opted for the Cold Weather Package. As I wanted the heated seats in back for the kids and I realized when driving on highway a lot of times I hold my hand at the bottom of the wheel.

But the sports steering wheel looks great!

On the comfort seats - I originally had tried them when testing out the A8 and I couldn't go back after that with those massage chairs. Also I like ventilated seats and that is the prime reason the diamond stitched seats can't be in the comfort seats. My wifes car has the ventilated seats and on hot summer days and long driving they are great.

Last edited by cbl1; 04-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Silverback is Coming...