S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Sport Exhaust available

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Exhaust available

I realize the specs for the 2016 S6 are different in Canada vs. U.S., but when I look at the my16 Order guide (attached) I don't see any base features or options that resembles the Sport Exhaust that's available in the U.S..

Should I assume that means the sport exhaust and sport differential are unavailable in Canada?

Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The sheet lists under standard equipment "Quattro with sport differential," which was also standard equipment in US-bound cars prior to the 2016 'facelift.' So you're good there. As i understand it the sport exhaust is new, and it may not be available in Canada judging by the order sheet.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wilburhaines
The sheet lists under standard equipment "Quattro with sport differential," which was also standard equipment in US-bound cars prior to the 2016 'facelift.' So you're good there. As i understand it the sport exhaust is new, and it may not be available in Canada judging by the order sheet.
Thanks for the response. I had totally missed that line on the order guide. I decided to call the dealer and ask about the sport exhaust as well. Apparently, the sport exhaust is a standard S6 feature in Canada as well as the sport differential (basically the sport package). Both the sport differential and sport exhaust are controlled by audi drive select. Which is a good thing - not 100% sure I'd want sport exhaust unless I had the ability to turn it off on occasion.

Hmmm, if I was Audi and introduced a new feature like sport exhaust as a standard feature, it seems like something that I'd make mention of in the order guide.

Oh well, not complaining - something new to look forward to.

The dealer updated me with order status - my S6 was released for production on May 29, possibly being built now, ETA in Canada first week in August.

Thanks.

Last edited by bradaudi; 06-06-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bradaudi
Thanks for the response. I had totally missed that line on the order guide. I decided to call the dealer and ask about the sport exhaust as well. Apparently, the sport exhaust is a standard S6 feature in Canada as well as the sport differential (basically the sport package). Both the sport differential and sport exhaust are controlled by audi drive select. Which is a good thing - not 100% sure I'd want sport exhaust unless I had the ability to turn it off on occasion.

Hmmm, if I was Audi and introduced a new feature like sport exhaust as a standard feature, it seems like something that I'd make mention of in the order guide.

Oh well, not complaining - something new to look forward to.

The dealer updated me with order status - my S6 was released for production on May 29, possibly being built now, ETA in Canada first week in August.

Thanks.
I had a similar concern and decided to call a couple of dealership and ask them this specific question, and all 3 of them told me the sport exhaust is NOT available in Canada yet. I tend to believe them as the exhaust is not black, but chrome/silver. Sucks to be Canadian (except when you need free health care)
Old 06-09-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quattro_eric
I had a similar concern and decided to call a couple of dealership and ask them this specific question, and all 3 of them told me the sport exhaust is NOT available in Canada yet. I tend to believe them as the exhaust is not black, but chrome/silver. Sucks to be Canadian (except when you need free health care)
Thanks for the update. Not the end of the world - but did have my hopes up after reading about sport exhaust. I'll follow-up with the dealer tomorrow and see if he can confirm with Audi.

Below was the dealers response to me yesterday, but I'm pretty sure he's only taken delivery of the 2016 A6's, not the S6, so it's possible he's not speaking from experience.

"The MY16 US S6 sport package is standard equipment on the Canadian S6. Your car has both the sport exhaust (valved and controlled by Audi Drive Select) and the Sport Differential (also controlled by Audi Drive Select.) The list below doesn’t talk about the exhaust, but it lists “quattro with sport differential” fifth down on the left side of the list of standard features."

Let me know if you think of anything else.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bradaudi
Thanks for the update. Not the end of the world - but did have my hopes up after reading about sport exhaust. I'll follow-up with the dealer tomorrow and see if he can confirm with Audi.

Below was the dealers response to me yesterday, but I'm pretty sure he's only taken delivery of the 2016 A6's, not the S6, so it's possible he's not speaking from experience.

"The MY16 US S6 sport package is standard equipment on the Canadian S6. Your car has both the sport exhaust (valved and controlled by Audi Drive Select) and the Sport Differential (also controlled by Audi Drive Select.) The list below doesn’t talk about the exhaust, but it lists “quattro with sport differential” fifth down on the left side of the list of standard features."

Let me know if you think of anything else.
Indeed your rep is correct in that the exhaust can be controlled with the Audi Drive Select, but one thing is for sure is that the exhaust is not black. Whether or not it is as loud as the US sport exhaust I cannot say, and the reps I talked with didn't know either... I guess we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

I do however wish the exhausts were black when you get the black optics package as the chrome will feel out of place now. Maybe I could just paint them black or something...
Old 06-09-2015, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quattro_eric
Indeed your rep is correct in that the exhaust can be controlled with the Audi Drive Select, but one thing is for sure is that the exhaust is not black. Whether or not it is as loud as the US sport exhaust I cannot say, and the reps I talked with didn't know either... I guess we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

I do however wish the exhausts were black when you get the black optics package as the chrome will feel out of place now. Maybe I could just paint them black or something...
I agree. On my A4 (which had no exhaust tips), one of the first things I did was purchase the Audi black chrome exhaust tips. IMO - black tips looks better on any vehicle (look cleaner as well), but paired with the black optics package, it's the only color that makes sense. Rather than painting, you could replace them with the black Audi tips (I think it was $99 / pair).
Old 07-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone been able to answer this definitvely yet? I know the exhaust can be controlled using the Audi Drive select, but is it the louder sports exhaust, or the basic one?
Old 12-22-2015, 03:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Petero1818
Has anyone been able to answer this definitvely yet? I know the exhaust can be controlled using the Audi Drive select, but is it the louder sports exhaust, or the basic one?

Bumping an old thread. Anyone know if us Canadians got the sport exhaust as standard equipment? My car (2106) is quiet at idle and under light acceleration but when I go heavy with the foot there is a terrific grumbling exhaust note. I don't have anything to compare it to so I can't tell just by listening.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you can make adjustments to the exhaust via Audi drive select then you have it. 3 options. Dynamic, auto and comfort is what we have in USA.

The other way to know you have it is grab a flashlight and look into the tailpipe. If you see a flap just past the chrome tips...you have the sport exhaust.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust available