S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Sport Exhaust available

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redrocker55
If you can make adjustments to the exhaust via Audi drive select then you have it. 3 options. Dynamic, auto and comfort is what we have in USA.

The other way to know you have it is grab a flashlight and look into the tailpipe. If you see a flap just past the chrome tips...you have the sport exhaust.

Awesome, thank you for that.

Cheers.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:56 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by redrocker55
If you can make adjustments to the exhaust via Audi drive select then you have it. 3 options. Dynamic, auto and comfort is what we have in USA.

The other way to know you have it is grab a flashlight and look into the tailpipe. If you see a flap just past the chrome tips...you have the sport exhaust.
Hmmm. Flaps and drive select setting is standard on all S6's. Sport exhaust is denoted by black finishers.
As a matter of fact the sport exhaust has the flap on the driver's side located further away from the tips and you would not see it by looking into the tailpipes.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quattro_eric
I had a similar concern and decided to call a couple of dealership and ask them this specific question, and all 3 of them told me the sport exhaust is NOT available in Canada yet. I tend to believe them as the exhaust is not black, but chrome/silver. Sucks to be Canadian (except when you need free health care)

Health care may be free but it is more than made up on the cost of a good bottle of spirits. My god, its highway robbery.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sport exhaust

The code for the sport exhaust in the US is "sport pack pss". It comes with the sport package a $3500 option. George
Old 05-29-2016, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bradaudi
Thanks for the response. I had totally missed that line on the order guide. I decided to call the dealer and ask about the sport exhaust as well. Apparently, the sport exhaust is a standard S6 feature in Canada as well as the sport differential (basically the sport package). Both the sport differential and sport exhaust are controlled by audi drive select. Which is a good thing - not 100% sure I'd want sport exhaust unless I had the ability to turn it off on occasion.

Hmmm, if I was Audi and introduced a new feature like sport exhaust as a standard feature, it seems like something that I'd make mention of in the order guide.

Oh well, not complaining - something new to look forward to.

The dealer updated me with order status - my S6 was released for production on May 29, possibly being built now, ETA in Canada first week in August.

Thanks.

What was the "post mortem" on this sports exhaust in Canada issue? I am in the same camp as you with my 2017 order. Didn't see Sports Exhaust listed, dealer confirmed with Audi Canada that is it standard but they don't install black tips (I am trying to have those onto my build which will officially be sent to Audi this week). When you got your car, did you find the exhaust to be what you expected?
Old 05-30-2016, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YYZ-S6
What was the "post mortem" on this sports exhaust in Canada issue? I am in the same camp as you with my 2017 order. Didn't see Sports Exhaust listed, dealer confirmed with Audi Canada that is it standard but they don't install black tips (I am trying to have those onto my build which will officially be sent to Audi this week). When you got your car, did you find the exhaust to be what you expected?
I don't know about 2017. The 2016 model in Canada comes with standard sport diff but not sport exhaust. The exhaust does have 3 settings and can be set to performance which is its loudest but it is not as loud as sports exhaust and is jot black tipped. A shame since I have the black trim one it would have been nice to match.
Nonetheless not a huge deal to me and my neighbors are probably happier.