S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Thank You For Your Help, Now It's Time To Come Out Of The Closet

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank You For Your Help, Now It's Time To Come Out Of The Closet

Yeah, I've been "lurking" and learning from you guys for about 18 months, but I have finally pulled the trigger, as it were, and placed my order. My first Audi was a 1975 Fox, brown with manual transmission. Loved it. I've been a steady Audi devotee for the last 20 years, all A6's. So I am not new to Audi, but feel like I am definitely reaching a new level with this step.

That being said, I've never been, and will never be, at the level of lots of you, with your tuning and AWE and VAG and all, stuff I had never even heard of before I started this journey. But all that was very helpful in knowing what I wanted to have in my car, and to answer questions on topics like wheels and tires, what options to select, pricing, etc.

So, without further ado, here is my pending order (I'm buying, not leasing):

2016 Audi S6 Prestige
Florett Silver metallic
Carbon Atlas inlay
Driver Assistance Package
Individual Contour Seating Package
S6 Sport Package
Black Optic Package
Night Vision Assistant
Black Cloth Headliner
(Dealer will add black floor mats at no charge)

Also:
Audi Pure Protection Platinum - 7 years/70,000 miles
Road Hazard Tire and Wheel Protection
Audi Care

And, and this is cool to me, European Delivery!! I plan to pick it up in Ingolstadt the first week of September and spend a week in Germany. Audubon, here I come!

Once the car has been delivered to my dealer in the USA, I plan to swap the summer tires for Continental All Season Ultra High Performance tires.

Phew.........well, that's about it for now.......still contemplating things like clear bra in front, radar and/or dash cam, slight tint of windows.....

I look forward to comments and reactions......

75 Fox
Old 04-24-2015, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 75 Fox
Yeah, I've been "lurking" and learning from you guys for about 18 months, but I have finally pulled the trigger, as it were, and placed my order. My first Audi was a 1975 Fox, brown with manual transmission. Loved it. I've been a steady Audi devotee for the last 20 years, all A6's. So I am not new to Audi, but feel like I am definitely reaching a new level with this step.

That being said, I've never been, and will never be, at the level of lots of you, with your tuning and AWE and VAG and all, stuff I had never even heard of before I started this journey. But all that was very helpful in knowing what I wanted to have in my car, and to answer questions on topics like wheels and tires, what options to select, pricing, etc.

So, without further ado, here is my pending order (I'm buying, not leasing):

2016 Audi S6 Prestige
Florett Silver metallic
Carbon Atlas inlay
Driver Assistance Package
Individual Contour Seating Package
S6 Sport Package
Black Optic Package
Night Vision Assistant
Black Cloth Headliner
(Dealer will add black floor mats at no charge)

Also:
Audi Pure Protection Platinum - 7 years/70,000 miles
Road Hazard Tire and Wheel Protection
Audi Care

And, and this is cool to me, European Delivery!! I plan to pick it up in Ingolstadt the first week of September and spend a week in Germany. Audubon, here I come!

Once the car has been delivered to my dealer in the USA, I plan to swap the summer tires for Continental All Season Ultra High Performance tires.

Phew.........well, that's about it for now.......still contemplating things like clear bra in front, radar and/or dash cam, slight tint of windows.....

I look forward to comments and reactions......

75 Fox
Welcome to the forum!

And great selection of options for the car. You will have to post pics when you take delivery in Germany. Very cool.

We all will need a performance comparison between the S6 and that 75 Fox and how Audi has evolved the driving experience over the years. Ha.

Now the hardest part begins...the long, long wait until delivery.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!

So do you mean Audubon NJ? Only about 10 minutes from me.....

Originally Posted by 75 Fox
Audubon, here I come!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats! Glad you were able to find a dealership to set you up with that.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, speaking of dealerships, after reading for the last year and a half what pricing was available out there, I believe my arrangement turned out to be quite fair and favorable..........

in essence it worked out like this:
8% off MSRP less another $500 and then a $2,000 incentive (i partially financed a small portion) at the end. I went to 4 or 5 different Audi dealerships and crunched the numbers at each one. On the back end some additional perks are in line as well.

I figure with the Audicare and the extended warranty I should be able to keep my expenses down on the maintenance for years to come.

Oh yeah, and to Dogears, sorry about the Autobahn.....and I can't blame spell check for that either!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Welcome to the forum!

And great selection of options for the car. You will have to post pics when you take delivery in Germany. Very cool.

We all will need a performance comparison between the S6 and that 75 Fox and how Audi has evolved the driving experience over the years. Ha.

Now the hardest part begins...the long, long wait until delivery.

I think the Fox had about 80hp???? Thinking back on it, I had my mechanic at the time install a tachometer, so I guess I did do some "mods" after all. I still have an ashtray made from one of the cylinder heads that had to be replaced at one point.