S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Throttle Lag?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to finish this thread up...I took it back this morning and asked they flash the ECU per the TSB and sure enough I can no longer reproduce the issue...I have only driven it for a few hours but I could reproduce it pretty easily. I think the issue was resolved by the TSB 2035235/2 even though the description isn't exact. Also don't trust that your dealer has flashed both TCU (13)and ECU to the latest version (008)....Anyways I just wanted to post this in case it helps someone else.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 89 Posts

I had the same problem with my s7. The dealership would not agree to do the TSB and kept claiming the car was fine. After a few trips and lots of complaints they finally did the TSB and still said that it wouldn't help the situation. Clearly that's not what happened, the car drove way better. If you're dealership doesn't want to do the TSB go somewhere or kept trying.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Pabla
I had the same problem with my s7. The dealership would not agree to do the TSB and kept claiming the car was fine. After a few trips and lots of complaints they finally did the TSB and still said that it wouldn't help the situation. Clearly that's not what happened, the car drove way better. If you're dealership doesn't want to do the TSB go somewhere or kept trying.

This is exactly why automakers and their 'service networks" are at risk for being upended by companies like Tesla. Imagine taking your computer in or iPhone is for an issue for which there was a software update and having the Apple Store or Microsoft store REFUSE to do the update despite a service bulletin, despite begging from the customer and despite pages of internet forum posts recommending the update! Would never happen! Yet carmakers do it all the time.

Sigh
Old 01-31-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agree 100%
Old 02-01-2016, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My dealer also refused to update my ECU software, because there were no error codes shown. I explained the issue and even offered to go for a test-drive with the tech to reproduce the lag, but no luck. I guess I'll be trying a different dealer, and I do agree that it's ridiculous for Audi to make us jump through these hoops...
Old 02-01-2016, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yea that stinks...Luckily my dealer was willing to cooperate. Otherwise I would have probably had to drive several hours away to try another dealer. The update really makes a big difference in my opinion. I am not sure if it is just mind playing tricks on my but I sense more power/torque downlow. May just be the gearing is better. The tsb did mention something about powerloss...anyways I am very happy. I have had a lot more time in the car and the surge issue is definitely gone with the ecu update.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nobodeuno
Yea that stinks...Luckily my dealer was willing to cooperate. Otherwise I would have probably had to drive several hours away to try another dealer. The update really makes a big difference in my opinion. I am not sure if it is just mind playing tricks on my but I sense more power/torque downlow. May just be the gearing is better. The tsb did mention something about powerloss...anyways I am very happy. I have had a lot more time in the car and the surge issue is definitely gone with the ecu update.

Funny thing is my car stickers for $85k new... Dealership treats me badly locally there is another one 100 miles away and I will take ALL my future business, service and purchasing, to the other dealership. My last Mercedes I bought 1000 miles away because they were amazing to work with, they made a lot of money....

So you treat someone who bought a halo car like crap? Good luck with that.

It is also amazing that dealerships wouldn't be excited to get paid to do the updates (by customer or AoA). My other random thought is how funny it is with how interconnectd/complicated cars are now that they won't acknowledge that SURELY there are bugs in the release software that requires patches down the road....iOS 9.0 isn't what you want to run...You want 9.2.1 with all the security and smoothness and bug fixes.... Apple would never decline you the update... Why does Audi?

Rant off.