S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

want to buy S6 , like to get some tips and advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure, Later in Life when your 60, or if you've done very well for yourself like Mark Zuckerburg at 30 years old. However I suspect you would not even be considering an Audi S6 in either of those 2 scenarios, and if you could simply write a 80K check.

Also strangely enough you might end up paying more for your car if you tell the dealership your intonation of just writing a check. Your response here might have been ego driven, so I'm sure you'd just tell the dealership "I'll just be paying cash"... Thinking that's actually a good thing in price negotiations.

Soon as you say that.... Price goes up, for multiple reasons.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pelo911

"(Negotiate a minimum of -8% off)"

not sure i understand you (sorry for my bad English)
you meant i can get the car at 8% off then the MSRP price?

Wait, wat?
Go in and say I want to buy that car, (point the the S6)
and say and I'll pay -8% off MSRP, then take off any trade equity, or rebates, or cash down.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Wait, wat?
Go in and say I want to buy that car, (point the the S6)
and say and I'll pay -8% off MSRP, then take off any trade equity, or rebates, or cash down.
ok , so you say that S6 can be bought at around 8% off

i have also 2015 GT3 , this car sell above MSRP
Old 02-14-2016, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worth every penny

After a 4 hr ride you realize that the comfort seats are worth every penny. My rear end can't read the S6 on the sport seats and the hot diamond stitching leaves marks on my back when I'm only wearing a T shirt. They are called comfort seats for a reason. 18-way, ventilated and massaging = done deal. Also, the head rests are adjustable.
Its called: "Individual Contour Seating package"

I have to admit I had Ventilated seats on my last car, but they ventilated air conditioning through the seat, not ambient air. Not sure if Audi is different in that respect. They are also fully adjustable (18-ways) with massage functions. Which I have to admit I used on my SHO all the time. But I rarely used the ventilated seats for what ever reason.

I have to say I have no issue spending money on options that also conveys it's value at the asked for price. In this case the cost of the Seating package is $2000! And it has the down side of completely deleting the sports-style seats, completely deleting the S6 badging and completely deleting the Diamond stitching, which is an iconic stylistic marvel in these cars. The S6 Sport seats are still 12-way adjustable, and also have 4-way Lumbar adjustment, still all Valcona leather, are Still Heated, and still have the leg extension support. Now that I've gotten to sit and drive in them, they are so comfortable and supportive.

I feel that I'd totally pass on the Contour Seating, you loose too much don't gain much, and it costs $2000.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll admit I have not had the car long enough to have had long drives yet. I did admit I've heard from others on other forums that those seat were super comfortable. Like I think one guy said they are hands down the best Luxury seat out of all of the Luxury brands, period.
I can't say as I don't have them, and have never sat in them. I think I'm just saying even if they were super comfy, etc. you really do loose a lot, and have to pay $2000 for a debatable upgrade / side-grade.
I will defer to your opinion about how comfy they are. I will totally admit one thing you mentioned that I forgot all about: the adjustable head rest, I DO totally miss that, you really can't lean you head back on the rest in those S6-Sport seats.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

ok , so you say that S6 can be bought at around 8% off

i have also 2015 GT3 , this car sell above MSRP

Yes in most markets you can go in and say you want to buy the S6 for -8% off MSRP, I thinking especially now as the 2017's are Probably just about to go into production in Germany. I'm assuming you live in the United States?
Old 02-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by blinsc
I'm no "expert" but another thing leasing does is it establishes the total cost of ownership for the duration at the very beginning of the transaction, assuming you don't grossly exceed the miles or trash the vehicle. For some that provides peace of mind - there shouldn't be surprises 2-3 years down the road, as there inevitably is when trading in a car you have financed. Also, if you have any "equity" it is because of the down payment you made, not because the car held its value any better.

I'm not trying to tell you how to use your money, but leasing isn't as bad as some make it out to be, particularly if you do go through cars often.

I don't lease either, but I tend to keep my cars for a while. The exception, oddly enough, was the Audi S5 I bought and then traded after a year. It wasn't the right car for me, and I paid dearly, because at trade-in time a nearby dealer had an almost identical car sitting on the lot for less than KBB value, so the Porsche dealer really screwed me on the trade-in. Like $5-6k less than what I was expecting. Since I had custom ordered the Porsche with a perfect configuration, I had to take it on the chin.
ok , i will try that for sure

i live in Houston , Texas
Old 02-15-2016, 04:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok , i will try that for sure

i live in Houston , Texas
I got 8.5% off MSRP offered from 3 dealerships in the northeast. Finally bought from a dealer that had car in stock.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea Dexhakim13,
I had an issue at one dealership through communication, and they wrote me back with "OK we are sorry, come in and we will give you 8% off" it's like they went right from MSRP to Invoice instantly with out me trying too hard. But like any deal, they could have given you 10% off Dexhakim, if they knew they were making it up on the trade offer, or you have sup-prime credit, and they were keeping a huge reserve from the financing.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea Dexhakim13,
I had an issue at one dealership through communication, and they wrote me back with "OK we are sorry, come in and we will give you 8% off" it's like they went right from MSRP to Invoice instantly with out me trying too hard. But like any deal, they could have given you 10% off Dexhakim, if they knew they were making it up on the trade offer, or you have sup-prime credit, and they were keeping a huge reserve from the financing.
That's right. There are so many ways the dealer can make money. I was just happy that the dealerships were competing for my business and I got a solid deal that was good for me and good for them too. Win-win!

Quick Reply: want to buy S6 , like to get some tips and advice