S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

What an incredible car!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What an incredible car!!!

I just returned from an incredible 2 week road trip in the S6, which gives me a whole new appreciation of the car. I drove from the San Francisco Bay area, up thru central Oregon to Portland, then on to Seattle, Boise, Idaho, Salt Lake City, then across Nevada, to return home. I enjoyed every mile behind the wheel and did not want the trip to end. I encountered everything from 108 temperatures, heavy rain, and heavy traffic. The car performed flawlessly and did not use a drop of oil, inspite of 3 days averaging speeds in excess of 80 MPH (speed limit in Idaho and Utah). Between Portland and Seattle, I averaged just over 30 MPG, at a speed of around 70 MPH. I averaged exactly 26 MPG overall on the trip, which I think is great, considering the city driving and a number of 2-lane roads where I drove quite aggressively. I have the stock sport seats and they were incredibly comfortable, even after 2 days in a row at over 8 hours behind the wheel. I had some doubts about this car in the first few months, as I thought it lacked some rawness, but I now feel it’s the best car I’ve ever owned!

The first photo below is just East of Pendleton, Oregon, as you climb the Blue Mountains toward Idaho. It was a great road that parallels I-84, and included about 7 switchbacks. The road was slightly wet, and I was very impressed how the S6 ate up the curves and had a very neutral breakaway at the limit. Sure glad I got the Sports Package!

Chris JB

2016 S6 Prestige - Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Optic Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Attached Thumbnails What an incredible car!!!-img_4572.jpg   What an incredible car!!!-img_dash5570-3.jpg  

Last edited by Chris JB; 06-22-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to hear you have such a great trip. You guys don't make it easy not wanting the S6 ;-)
Old 06-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice write up. The S6 is beast for eating up long distance miles. I did Phoenix to Seattle in under 17 hours and I lost over an hour in PDX do to traffic. Shattered my old record. After the trip I felt like I could do another 6 hours easy. I was very fresh on a trip I am usually pretty whupped after. The electronic air suspension is really the key to this car. It allows you to tune the car for what you want. Yes we do wish we had one more stiffer setting for track or race mode. I don't want to give up the comfort of the comfort mode which is perfect. I have an electronic adjustable suspension on my motorcycle too and it make it the Swiss Army Knifes of bikes. It gives up some things at the extreme limits but that is what purpose built bikes and cars are for. At this size it is not ever going to feel like a Cayman S in any situation no matter how stiff you make the suspension. Car just blends in well too and does not attract to much attention as most people have no clue what it is capable of. That is one issue you do have to watch. People severely underestimate where this car is going to be 2 seconds from now. They will do dumb things like the 911 that assumed he had passed me and just lane changed almost taking my front end off. Great brakes and handling saved my *** and his new 911 which almost also took out the A6 on the other side of me with his triple lane change. I have not gone for mileage yet. Can't keep my foot out of her. My Individual setting is everything Dynamic except comfort suspension. I use D mostly and just S for aggressive driving and will occasionally drop it down with the paddles as required but not for very long. S mode does everything so well I find very little use for the paddles and all my other cars are 6 speed manuals. Very tight car. Only 3500 miles here. Sounds like you had a very nice drive and covered a lot of ground. Getting off on the two lanes roads makes so much more interesting.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have just recently started work as an Audi Salesman here in Beaverton Oregon. I was told to take each and every car type and model out for a drive. It was a complete blast sampling what each car had to offer.

In the past I've owned 550i XDrive and I can tell you from personal experience the S6 is an incredible machine. The fit and finish, handling, power and road performance is definitely superior. We actually have a few of them here at the Dealership, I'm surprised that more people aren't looking for one.

Matt Reese
Audi of Beaverton
Old 06-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought one and I basically know nothing about the car. I was trying to track the last of the Manual trans cars and S5's were all I could find. We were trying locate one out of Vegas and my sport the S6 out front. I loved the interior and she really wanted a 4 door car. After driving it I was sold. Total impulse buy as usually research the hell out of everything. Sales person told me it was supercharged and I woudl out it was twin turbo after I had it hoe that night,lol. I am a car guy and new very little about these.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Island Maser
I bought one and I basically know nothing about the car. Total impulse buy as usually research the hell out of everything. Sales person told me it was supercharged and I would out it was twin turbo after I had it hoe that night,lol. I am a car guy and new very little about these.

LOL, Talk about stumbling on a Gold Mine. We have a White one I'm a little partial to three black and a couple of Grays. I like "sleeper" cars, they look like the normal A6 but when the light turns green...

Matt Reese
Audi of Beaverton
Old 06-24-2016, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MattReese
I have just recently started work as an Audi Salesman here in Beaverton Oregon. I was told to take each and every car type and model out for a drive. It was a complete blast sampling what each car had to offer.

In the past I've owned 550i XDrive and I can tell you from personal experience the S6 is an incredible machine. The fit and finish, handling, power and road performance is definitely superior. We actually have a few of them here at the Dealership, I'm surprised that more people aren't looking for one.

Matt Reese
Audi of Beaverton

What sort of discounts these S6 usually go for?
Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thehaviet
What sort of discounts these S6 usually go for?
Hi,

Well it's hard to say... every deal is different and depends upon numerous factors. Financing Vs. Leasing, Trade vs No Trade, Applicable factory incentives, time of month, time of year. How many S6's we have in stock, How many are in our pipeline, How long they have been at the Dealership. Do we have to Dealer Trade to get your specific car? Are you a repeat customer at our Dealership? It's easy to look at invoice on one of the popular car websites. The question is: will Management be motivated to discount the car, and how much?

It's nice to be educated about pricing when you walk through my door, but that is only half of the story.

Matt Reese
Audi of Beaverton Oregon
Old 06-25-2016, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my sleeper S6, especially when a modified rice burner or a good 'ole American muscle pulls up next to me and want to drag race. It's pure ecstasy to see them in my rear view mirror!
Old 06-25-2016, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 76 Posts

I just moved from Los Angeles to Dallas...and did the drive in 2 days. With a 98lb Doberman in the back. The trip was so easy...and fast! Average MPH was 90, and my average mpg was almost 26.

AMAZED!

Stephen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What an incredible car!!!