S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Where to go after S6? Lease running out,what else did you try?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No help here, if I could afford (maybe justify) the Tesla I want it would be a no brainer. Yes this is an Audi forum but it's first and foremost a car lover's forum. Buy the Tesla and report back, or not...you may never look back.

It doesn't help Tesla that I am 50 miles from the closest charging station, and the rural roads we have here favor the S6.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welcome aboard Lgclgc!

I too am fond of the Tesla… Its overall appeal, however, rests on two (tow?) factors (IMHO)

1. WHat region of the country do you live in (i.e., climate and access to chargers)

2. How much aggressive driving do you do? For example, Southern California is famous for its wonderful canyons and twisting climbs. We routinely do 150 loops through essentially wilderness roads. Under heavy repeated acceleration, such as surging from corner to corner, the Tesla has restricted mileage and measurable decrease in performance.

See some experiences below:

Top Gear Responds to Tesla's Lawsuit | WIRED

Tesla, the Times, and the range war over the electric car - CNET

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-Te...t-all-the-time

Under normal usage, the reports I get from users is that they are fantastic

Happy Motoring

Eric

Last edited by eric strauss; 12-10-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Eric,
Thanks for the note. This needs to be a daily driver in the Northeast with some rough winters. The Super charger network is built out fairly well where I travel. I wish I had some more of the Southern California roads. I tend to be dodging more pot holes than I like.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lgclgc
...Tesla S85D-Very fun. The electric does not scare me and no range anxiety. Lots of interesting technology...Have I mentioned the instant acceleration? Very fun.

S6- Black Optic,sport,20" wheels. Great interior and awesome sound. This is a drivers car...
I love my S6, but if I could have an 85D for about the same price, I probably would. (bracing myself for the flames and arrows) I really enjoyed my Tesla test-drive, even though it wasn't as quick as I'd expected it to be based on the tests and media reports. My (tuned) B8 S4 was faster.

'Course, what I'd REALLY want is a P90D with Ludicrous Mode, but that's nowhere near the same price!

Last edited by ZCD2.7T; 12-10-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for al the comments, I missed checking on this for a few days. I'll give an update

Went to Audi still no q7 to look at.

BMW- I will go drive the 550
Tesla- out, no way can I drive up to a customer's place in one, I'm in Louisiana and Houston all my customers are intrenched in the oil industry
Porsche- the Cayanne GTS is probably the leader right now. Although I'd really like to find a way into a Boxster GTS and buy my S6 off of lease.
Mercedes- I will go drive the C63 and the E class
Audi Q7 or another S6
Range Rover out- tried it
Cadillac I'll go over and see them, doubtful
Maserati out
Old 12-11-2015, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

BMW 5 series and Mercedes E Class are both about to change if that matters to you. Cayenne GTS with options is going to run you right around $100K. For me, even money aside, it would be tough to swallow the performance penalty of an SUV after the S6. Let us know your impressions of the CTS-V if you drive one. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd be into a Cadillac either but the CTS-V looks to be a total monster and world class. As I said before, if I didn't need AWD, I'm pretty sure that would be my next car.

Last edited by letS4nicate; 12-11-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

After researching, I think I'll be getting a q7. I'm just waiting to see one locally. It's my "style" not Buffy's Beamer, not a MB, can't support GM right now. I think in a land full of trucks, driving in a Porsche might look out of place in a business setting.

Narrowed down to these two
Audi Q7 2017, optioned to the max
Volvo XC90 T8, yes with the battery and 400hp

Both run around the same price and both a bit cheaper than my S6 lease.
I'm pretty sure the q7 will win out for three very big reasons
1: the service department at New Orleans Audi is fantastic, if Audi hq reads this.
2: I have Audi club of America and customer loyalty money available
3: I know the MMI stuff inside and out from 6 years of 6s.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bound to be a good choice...

… the new Q7 abandons any pretense of off-roadability, loses about 600lbs and picks up a multi-link suspension. Should be a wonderful vehicle to drive. My beef is that the Q3/Q5/Q7 killed Audi's appetite to bring Avants to the U.S. Oh well.

I must say, that I so enjoy the process of getting a new car - the options today are so fantastic - there are very few bad cars and so many hi-performance choices.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 12-20-2015, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are not looking at another S6 then Macan GTS or Turbo would be my pick.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
If you are not looking at another S6 then Macan GTS or Turbo would be my pick.
I've got a quote on both, pretty much the same note. I still haven't driven one

Quick Reply: Where to go after S6? Lease running out,what else did you try?