S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Who will get their 2016 S6 First?

Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this color Moonlight Blue? It looks black in the picture. Maybe it is because of direct sun hitting the car. The only reason why I ask is because that is one of the colors I am contemplating. The other is Florett Silver Metallic. Have had black cars all my life & I am mostly leaning towards silver. Thanks for your time & enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted by gtsl55
[IMG]https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.audiworld.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80
-img_0112_3d10cadb47f745080d7df4087ea386e7c9434632. jpg[/IMG]
I've had mine in Atlanta for three days now. Moonlight Blue, Prestige, Black comfort seats, sport package, driver assistance package, black wood/aluminum inlays. Will post pics if anyone interested.

2016 S6 Black Optic package

Old 04-16-2015, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moonlight Blue is a tough one to show in pictures. I have one on order. It looks Black at times and with light the blue tones really come out.

Here is a page with a lot of different angles on one that I think are pretty accurate
Moonlight Blue Metallic Audi S6 Correction and Opti-Guard
Old 04-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

cbl1,

Thanks for sharing the link. It is pretty challenging to photograph for sure...

Originally Posted by cbl1
Moonlight Blue is a tough one to show in pictures. I have one on order. It looks Black at times and with light the blue tones really come out.

Here is a page with a lot of different angles on one that I think are pretty accurate
Moonlight Blue Metallic Audi S6 Correction and Opti-Guard
Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here's some more shots of my moonlight blue S6. Noted differences with this one are the the absence of that great detail by cbl1 (can we get the "details" on that Opti-guard treatment, it looks awesome!), and mine has black optics (so black grill, black out treatments, body colored side mirrors and different 20 inch wheels). Oh, and cbl1 takes better pictures. Still owed are interior shots I promised, black comfort seats and black headliner, Wood and aluminum inlays, sport wheel.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

gtsl55 - great pictures - look forward to the interior ones.

The pictures I posted were not done by me. I had just run across that website when I was researching color.

And news for me is - I changed my color to Mythos Black. Not because the Moonlight Blue isn't great. But I noticed the other day one of my neighbors just bough a Moonlight Blue A6 .... and I was talking to another friend who lives about an hour away I haven't seen for a year... and 6 months ago he got an S6 Moonlight Blue.....so Mythos Black had been my original choice so I changed order back to it.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Enjoy the Mythos Black, I like that one too. Funny thing about your explanation is my sales guy said that the Blue was rarely ordered and that the various blacks (along with the various whites and silver/grays) made up over 80% of their sales. It's nice to have something different, but mainly nice to have something that you like. Will try to get interior shot out in the next day or so.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

gtsl55 - Thanks very much for those pics of the Moonlight with Black Optics. That is exactly what I needed to see. I am on the fence between the Daytona Grey and Moonlight but definitely getting the Black Optics on either one.

Salesperson told me they thought any of the dark blues looked really bad with the Black Optics package but I couldn't disagree more after seeing those pics - I think it looks awesome. To me the dark blue with chrome trim is more grown up / classy, but the dark blue with black optics is more sporty / european looking. Either way, thanks very much for the pics!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Moonlight rocks with or w/o hgb. I already have a RS6 in Daytona so the moonlight was a no brainer.

If I order an S6...it might well be moonlight. ^^That moonlight S6 is damn hot.
Attached Images  

Last edited by CORS6; 06-04-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CORS6
Moonlight rocks with or w/o hgb. I already have a RS6 in Daytona so the moonlight was a no brainer.

If I order an S6...it might well be moonlight. ^^That moonlight S6 is damn hot.
Looks great. I like how its basically black in most lighting conditions but then has a lot of character and different metallic hues in moderate or direct sunlight. Think that is exactly what I am looking for in the color. Also may be ordering a 2016 GT350 and the only color I like there is the "magnetic" which is a dark titanium gray so that is another reason to go with the S6 in Moonlight / Black Optics. Thanks man.

Lastly - any good up close pics of the Black Wood / Aluminum inlay interior? Seems to be somewhat polarizing based on the comments on the board but I haven't seen that many great pics of S6s with this option even when searching Google. Will spend more time looking. I am somewhat polarized myself thinking it is awesome and classy one moment and then a bit weird the next. Like most others I love Carbon Fiber but it is so over used these days and most of the time cheap / knock off that I'm considering something else. When interiors this amazing you really want to get the trim right, especially since the trim is such a big swath of the dash and center console.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got scared off from the Aluminum inlay. Too many reviews said it looked like a cheap pin striped suit. I think it is one of those you either love it or hate it type choices. So my though I would rather have inlay that didn't have as strong a polarizing response. So I went back to Carbon.

I had originally ordered my S6 Mythos Black but when I saw the Midnight Blue on another car at dealership I changed my order to Midnight Blue. Then I found out that not only did my neighbor have Midnight Blue but a friend of mine just got a midnight blue. So I went back to Mythos Black (then a week later another friend got a Mythos Black A7).... I can't win.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who will get their 2016 S6 First?