S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Who will get their 2016 S6 First?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
I got scared off from the Aluminum inlay..
I got scared off after looking at an article about the manufacturing process. Seems like lots of glue between the strips of wood and aluminum.

I'm sure there will be no issues. But in the back of my head, I imagine after extreme temperature swings over time there are a million places for the material to separate.

Again, there will probably never be an issue; however, I felt more comfortable with a solid engineered surface and went with the carbon.

Of course, I'm a worrier by nature. So to each his own.

I do like the look though.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree that the aluminum and wood is a bit of a disappointment. It's not rich and expensive looking like the oak wood inlays on some of the non S cars. It's personal, but I also agree that carbon fiber is overdone these days and looks like plastic in the S6. The only other option (standard wood) looks nice to me, it's just not consistent with the sporty character of the car. So this is one place that could stand improvement. But still love the car.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My S6 is finally on the water ---- to port in Jacksonville June 22nd!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kcjonz
I got scared off after looking at an article about the manufacturing process. Seems like lots of glue between the strips of wood and aluminum.

I'm sure there will be no issues. But in the back of my head, I imagine after extreme temperature swings over time there are a million places for the material to separate.

Again, there will probably never be an issue; however, I felt more comfortable with a solid engineered surface and went with the carbon.

Of course, I'm a worrier by nature. So to each his own.

I do like the look though.
Just something I noted between the first S6 and the second I have now. The first had the standard ash inlays. It smelled VERY solvent-like, so much so that my pregnant wife refused to ride in it for the first few weeks until the smell dissipated. My new car has the layered wood and aluminum inlays and that smell is minimal.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone ordered their S6 with the Arras Red interior option? I'm looking for opinions and photos. I'm particularly interested in how the red threads in the carbon weave look in person. I'm really having a hard time choosing and it's delaying my order while I make up my bloody mind!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jsilas
Has anyone ordered their S6 with the Arras Red interior option? I'm looking for opinions and photos. I'm particularly interested in how the red threads in the carbon weave look in person. I'm really having a hard time choosing and it's delaying my order while I make up my bloody mind!
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-...-sort-2883732/
Old 08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

First post!

Ordered April 18th
Delivered August 18th
Misano Red Pearl w/ Black Optics.

I've never enjoyed driving a car more in my life. I've been smiling for the last 48 hours straight.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got mine about a month ago:

These are phone pics. Need to wash it and take it out for some real pics with the 7Dmk2.

--Ian
Old 08-27-2015, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jsilas
I have it and think it's amazing. There hasn't been a single person who's checked out the car that hasn't said some form of "wow, this interior is insane" (or "I like the red seats" lol).