S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Why do some 2013 s6's have fog lights and others do not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do some 2013 s6's have fog lights and others do not?

As the title says.....is it dependent on the "package" of the car, I.e. Base vs. prestige?
Old 12-02-2014, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are no fog lights. The S6's with what look like fog lights have Adaptive Cruise Control ("ACC"), those are the radar components for the cruise control. The LED lights have all weather lights - effectively using the corner lights to make a wider light pattern in front of the car. Those that look like they don't have fog lights, have no ACC.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you, much appreciated. Makes sense on why mine doesn't have them, I don't have that package.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
There are no fog lights. The S6's with what look like fog lights have Adaptive Cruise Control ("ACC"), those are the radar components for the cruise control. The LED lights have all weather lights - effectively using the corner lights to make a wider light pattern in front of the car. Those that look like they don't have fog lights, have no ACC.
Interesting that the S6 would have two radar components posing as fog lights. My S4 is fully loaded (Prestige) with ACC and only has one radar component on the passenger side next to the actual fog light.

Now I am wondering if it would be cooler looking having the radar components on both sides like the S6.

Here is a picture of the front of MonSoonHell being taken apart to install the RS Grill. You can see the radar component on MonSoonHell:

Name:  IMG_0233.jpg
Views: 3699
Size:  206.9 KB

Can you provide photos of yours...just curious what they look like.

Last edited by MonSoonHell; 12-29-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:27 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

No radar module on the lower left of the S4 since it probably would block the hydraulic power steering cooler. S6 has electric steering. I know later S4s now have electric steering, but I figure since they already made it work with one they must have figured no need to add the second in later models. Not exactly sure why the S6 has two vs. the one sensor ACC systems.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm also interested to know why the S6 uses two sensors while other vehicles use one. Is one a dummy? Is the ACC in the S6 a more-advanced, stereoscopic version?
Old 01-03-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by snowbooch
I'm also interested to know why the S6 uses two sensors while other vehicles use one. Is one a dummy? Is the ACC in the S6 a more-advanced, stereoscopic version?
The answer is that the system is indeed stereoscopic. It's the same system used in the A/S/RS7 and A/S8, all of which use the dual radar cameras.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you can have fog lights if you really want them......

Old 01-13-2015, 06:26 AM
RFS
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eedoub
As the title says.....is it dependent on the "package" of the car, I.e. Base vs. prestige?
It was my understanding that all S6 2013 models were labled 'Prestige'. The difference is in the options chosen. I bot the S6 with the LED headlights. There are both front And rear fog lights as part of the led package. There is also one of my favorite features: with the headlights on (not the brights), and you make a left or right turn, a side led light comes on lighting the direction of your turn.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by RFS
It was my understanding that all S6 2013 models were labled 'Prestige'. The difference is in the options chosen. I bot the S6 with the LED headlights. There are both front And rear fog lights as part of the led package.
Same as on the standard HID headlights also.

There is also one of my favorite features: with the headlights on (not the brights), and you make a left or right turn, a side led light comes on lighting the direction of your turn.
This is the cornering lamp set to "on" in vehicle settings. That side light is actually your foglight coming on. If you have your foglights on already, youll notice nothing else lights up when at low speed making a turn.

Quick Reply: Why do some 2013 s6's have fog lights and others do not?