S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2016 Audi A7/S7/RS7 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Hit him up for AudiCare as well if you plan on having the car serviced at the dealership.

Edit: ... and if not, get him to buy you dinner or something.
I asked for the 6% and Audicare.....was told I have to join as a lifetime member for $600 to get 6% and cannot do the Audicare...I have to purchase that directly from Audi.....
Old 12-10-2014, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Steveo2424
I asked for the 6% and Audicare.....was told I have to join as a lifetime member for $600 to get 6% and cannot do the Audicare...I have to purchase that directly from Audi.....
Audicare costs the dealership $$$ (it's not something that's free to them). I'd imagine it would be very hard to get 6% + AudiCare since they'd be selling it close to cost at that point.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I believe the lifetime membership to ACNA is actually $750. Once you're eligible for supplier pricing though that 6% only costs the dealer 4% (Audi pays the other 2%). Giving you AudiCare brings that back up to 5-5.25% off MSRP of the car.

Originally Posted by amelen
Audicare costs the dealership $$$ (it's not something that's free to them). I'd imagine it would be very hard to get 6% + AudiCare since they'd be selling it close to cost at that point.
That pitch took me about 10 minutes on a S6. I wasted more time trying to get the sales guy on the phone in the first place.

The key is to sell your position as a benefit to both parties. Negotiation from the standpoint of "winning" will result in both parties "losing" because they got less than they wanted, one party "winning" and the other resenting the deal and killing any chance at a long-term relationship, or no deal being made at all.

Agreeing to this deal made me satisfied (I was going to get AudiCare anyway, so even after my ACNA membership fee, I'm at ~6.25% off MSRP), it got them an easy sale at healthy margin (not even counting back-end deals on volume or subsidized advertising spend), and it gave them a good shot at making me a long-term customer since now that I have AudiCare I'll likely have every service done at their dealership, giving them a lot of time to make a positive impression, possibly earning them my next car, or cars from family members & friends who are looking for a new vehicle.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 12-10-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and knowledge...since joining the forum I have learned a great deal on what I needed to do to order my 1st ever Audi......I decided to go with S7, Daytona Grey Pearl, Black Leather Diamond Stitching, Prestige, Sports, and Cold Weather packages, 20 inch 5 parallel spoke wheels...I joined the ACNA to get 6% discount and although I didn't get the Audi care thrown in I do plan on purchasing unless someone can convince me I shouldn't...all of this before pricing..scary but I am confident it will work out!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and knowledge...since joining the forum I have learned a great deal on what I needed to do to order my 1st ever Audi......I decided to go with S7, Daytona Grey Pearl, Black Leather Diamond Stitching, Prestige, Sports, and Cold Weather packages, 20 inch 5 parallel spoke wheels...I joined the ACNA to get 6% discount and although I didn't get the Audi care thrown in I do plan on purchasing unless someone can convince me I shouldn't...all of this before pricing..scary but I am confident it will work out!
Congrats! I'm hoping pricing is out sometime next week (before the holidays). I'm also a little nervous having an order in without any pricing confirmed.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by amelen
Congrats! I'm hoping pricing is out sometime next week (before the holidays). I'm also a little nervous having an order in without any pricing confirmed.
No guts, no glory.

Kick back, have a drink, enjoy the holidays, and wait it out until March like me.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good choices. You will be ordering nearly the same car I have ordered! Not sure about the Prestige however. I believe this is only an option for the S6, not S7.

I also opted for the Driver Assist and Black headliner. Thought it was worth a try for the newest bells and whistles in driver assistance. The Carbon Atlas and Black headliner also seemed to finish out the interior theme better than the standard light color. It's all personal preference on the aesthetic options, though.

Good luck on your order. Come on spring!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have pricing yet?
Old 12-17-2014, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nope, but I'm expecting to get it here or on Audi's web site long before my dealer calls me with the info...
Old 12-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree. All the info I've gotten about the 2016 C7's has been in the forums before the dealer offered it up. Getting info from Audi has not been easy.

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A7/S7/RS7 Order Guide